10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

You will notice (bar last few weeks) these games I mentioned were toughtest games we played this year. We were on losing course against Celta until he scored, and we were down against Espanyol at home in copa until he scored. Fact is, Neymar and Suarez were dreadful against Arsenal and only guy who was able to score was Messi. Who knows where would we be had he not scored these two against arsenal?

Fact is (and that IS fact) that we played best when Messi was on pitch and he was good. Fact is with good Messi (and SN) we won treble last season. Not without Messi, with Messi. With player who singlehandedly beat Bayern Munich. We also had longest winning streak in history when he was good.

So now he isnt good (injury or not) and whole team plays like shit but most are shitting on messi. You are trying to paint a picture where everyone in last year was stepping up equally, but that is a lie and you know it.

But go on, continue like that. We already know your beloved president already wanted to sell Leo once so after team crumbles its best to prelare field for messi to he gone since hey we play better without him.

You are just rambling nonsense now.

The biggest game of year to this point was probably away to Real but just ignore that game where others stepped up eh?

Making statements like 'Messi turned up in EVERY game the team needed him' is just lies. Dont have to look back much further than game before clasicco against Villareal.

Then you try and turn anyone disagreeing with your over the top lies as being some kind of Messi hater.

Try harder.

jairzinho

Heart problems or not, Messi is clearly spent. He clearly hasn't been himself and looks miserable, walking around like he could be elsewhere. It makes no sense playing him under those conditions on the weekend. He needs a rest.

Jaykob

Heart problems or not, Messi is clearly spent. He clearly hasn't been himself and looks miserable, walking around like he could be elsewhere. It makes no sense playing him under those conditions on the weekend. He needs a rest.

Or not? If he has really heart problems then surely this is the reason why he is spent?

gasgas

The game vs Chile was the tiring one, vs Bolivia he was more free as the play was mostly in Bolivia half

How can he be that tired?
He missed two months this season
He also runs 7 km a game
How can he be tired?
These were the most important games of the season
How can he be tired?

jairzinho

Lucho has run MSN and especially Messi into the ground. You might disagree but that's my opinion. We were wrong not to add another striker in the window to take the burden off MSN. It didn't seem important at the time, because we were on fire, with the unbeaten streak, but clearly, the streak has caught up to us. You really have to be insane to not factor in fatigue and the lack of depth for our players performances.

J

Jamie Cal

We won the clasico 4-0 without Messi (up to 3-0 when he came on and the game was over) and a huge part of that was Roberto playing RW stopping Marcelo doing damage. We've had plenty of guys stepping up throughout the season.

Messi not performing for us this last month has made a few players, like Neymar, Rakitic, Dani, out of their game. Not that they shouldn't be criticized too, I'm really disappointed with Neymar, but Messi takes a huge chunk.

That said, it's our fitness that's killed us. Bottom line to me. Everything bad that's happened in terms of attack or defense has come as a result of being out of legs. We had our warnings as early back as Arsenal and it's reared big time the last 2 weeks.

gasgas

Heart problems :rofl1:
When and who diagnosed that?

the extents people go :facepalm:

MasChe

How can he be that tired?
He missed two months this season
He also runs 7 km a game
How can he be tired?
These were the most important games of the season
How can he be tired?

I'm not his doctor. All I know is he is not the same after the international break. Maybe it is a heart problem like the tweet above says. What then?

Chong Li

If he insists on playing while injured he is ruining our team. Someone must shake some common sense into him.

And if he doesn't play he gets criticized for "lack of passion and heart".

Whatecer Messi does, if Barca lose it's clearly his mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans