10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaugrana1987

You are just rambling nonsense now.

The biggest game of year to this point was probably away to Real but just ignore that game where others stepped up eh?

Making statements like 'Messi turned up in EVERY game the team needed him' is just lies. Dont have to look back much further than game before clasicco against Villareal.

Then you try and turn anyone disagreeing with your over the top lies as being some kind of Messi hater.

Try harder.
Year. I said. Not season, year. Messi came from ligament injury against Real in 70th minute.

Again, you are fucking daft. I CLEARLY said, Messi has played bad in last few weeks, ever since Villareal. That includes Classico obviously. But I also said, before that he was comfortably our best player OF THE YEAR. That means, 2016.

Now what you failed to acknowledge is that

a) Not only Messi played badly ever since Villareal, the entire team has
b) We had FACTUALLY our best period of season (and history) with him being clearly the best

You are jumping to conclusions and saying Neymar and Suarez play worse when Messi is around, but fact is that we as a team and they have won treble when Messi was around. Comparing October/Nov with April is fallacy, because both Neymar and Suarez look exhausted in comparison to that time and it might not be Messi's fault they don't play as good.

On the other hand Neymar also played his best part of last season in January, only to drop considerably as season went on. There are alot of factors, but you have waited our CL exit and bad form (not solely Messi's bad form, completely bad for from entire team) to put entire blame on messi and say "We played better without him".

Yes, we played amazingly in October, but we also did in January and February. Real also played balls out last year in October, and looked like shite from January onward.

No, I'm not saying you are Messi hater. I'm saying you are supporter of absolute shitshow of president that got us (with his friend) involved in every fucking courtroom in Spain. Not to talk about the guy who also wanted to sell Messi year before he lead our team to treble. Fucking disgrace go fuck yourself.

gasgas

We won the clasico 4-0 without Messi (up to 3-0 when he came on and the game was over) and a huge part of that was Roberto playing RW stopping Marcelo doing damage. We've had plenty of guys stepping up throughout the season.

Messi not performing for us this last month has made a few players, like Neymar, Rakitic, Dani, out of their game. Not that they shouldn't be criticized too, I'm really disappointed with Neymar, but Messi takes a huge chunk.

That said, it's our fitness that's killed us. Bottom line to me. Everything bad that's happened in terms of attack or defense has come as a result of being out of legs. We had our warnings as early back as Arsenal and it's reared big time the last 2 weeks.

Arsene said it.
We are more beatable than before.
But we thought he was a moron.
Trust me, had they a better cf.............
We had almost equal number of shots both games

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How can he be that tired?
He missed two months this season
He also runs 7 km a game
How can he be tired?
These were the most important games of the season
How can he be tired?

Maybe because he's played an incredible amount of minutes and travelled thousands of miles lately? Both mentally and physically exhausting and he's not the only one tired.

Not excusing his or others performances, but really cannot be hard to understand how a human can tire out like that.

Time to pick up the medical study books again Gasgas and read a bit about fatigue.

JamDav1982

Year. I said. Not season, year. Messi came from ligament injury against Real in 70th minute.

Again, you are fucking daft. I CLEARLY said, Messi has played bad in last few weeks, ever since Villareal. That includes Classico obviously. But I also said, before that he was comfortably our best player OF THE YEAR. That means, 2016.

Now what you failed to acknowledge is that

a) Not only Messi played badly ever since Villareal, the entire team has
b) We had FACTUALLY our best period of season (and history) with him being clearly the best

You are jumping to conclusions and saying Neymar and Suarez play worse when Messi is around, but fact is that we as a team and they have won treble when Messi was around. Comparing October/Nov with April is fallacy, because both Neymar and Suarez look exhausted in comparison to that time and it might not be Messi's fault they don't play as good.

On the other hand Neymar also played his best part of last season in January, only to drop considerably as season went on. There are alot of factors, but you have waited our CL exit and bad form (not solely Messi's bad form, completely bad for from entire team) to put entire blame on messi and say "We played better without him".

Yes, we played amazingly in October, but we also did in January and February. Real also played balls out last year in October, and looked like shite from January onward.

No, I'm not saying you are Messi hater. I'm saying you are supporter of absolute shitshow of president that got us (with his friend) involved in every fucking courtroom in Spain. Not to talk about the guy who also wanted to sell Messi year before he lead our team to treble. Fucking disgrace go fuck yourself.

You made out being in the CL final etc was ALL down to Messi and ignored the fact other players like Ney and Suarez scored some vital goals and other players in defence etc had some great games as well.

Also made up crap like Messi scoring EVERY time the team needs him in unbeaten run. Not true.

You were trying to give Messi the credit for everything the team achieved. While I said you are being far too over the top and just making things up. To the point SOME of the best performances this season have been without him in the team so there is plenty more quality there.

You dont seem to be able to keep up though and took this as some kind of attack on Messi when it was nothing like that.

Nice mention of irrelevant President opinions though. Shows how lame your original points are.

gasgas

I'm not his doctor. All I know is he it the same after the international break. Maybe it is a heart problem like the tweet above says. What then?

I call t first.
Messi has idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy :lol:
Same level of excuses as Ronaldo and his knees

ini4ever

Wondering how would some people call themselves Barca fan when criticizing Messi that way , it's really disgusting. If you want to blame him that's ok do it, but at least not trolling.
Yes he's been worse lately and that happens in any player's career a lot , as Xavi , Rivaldo, Iniesta , Puyol , Ronaldinho had been like that many times, Leo is one of club legends after all ffs.

bismp

IF he indeed has a heart problem,he should retire.He has millions,he has won everything sith Barca,he has 5 Bdors etc.His health is above football

J

Jamie Cal

Arsene said it.
We are more beatable than before.
But we thought he was a moron.
Trust me, had they a better cf.............
We had almost equal number of shots both games

Nah, we were plenty wasteful in those games.

gasgas

Maybe because he's played an incredible amount of minutes and travelled thousands of miles lately? Both mentally and physically exhausting and he's not the only one tired.

Not excusing his or others performances, but really cannot be hard to understand how a human can tire out like that.

Time to pick up the medical study books again Gasgas and read a bit about fatigue.
We focus more on actual disease conditions that affect regular people
May be I could take a look at his heart.
Heard he has a heart condition

Jefecito

He's the best player I've ever seen, but it still hurts watching him walking for the whole game, lost at a CM position especially against a team where each player runs 12+ kms ...

blaugrana1987

You made out being in the CL final etc was ALL down to Messi and ignored the fact other players like Ney and Suarez scored some vital goals and other players in defence etc had some great games as well.

Also made up crap like Messi scoring EVERY time the team needs him in unbeaten run. Not true.

You were trying to give Messi the credit for everything the team achieved. While I said you are being far too over the top and just making things up. To the point SOME of the best performances this season have been without him in the team so there is plenty more quality there.

You dont seem to be able to keep up though and took this as some kind of attack on Messi when it was nothing like that.

No. I never said he was sole reason we won treble last year, you are making stuff up. What I did say was that he has singlehandedly won us semi finals against Bayern and he has led our team to treble last year. I also said WE played the BEST when Messi is on team (winning treble). That is a fact, not opinion. You can go lengths to try to explain how everyone has done their part, but fact is he was comfortably our best player last season, when we have won everything. When no one could score against 2nd best team in the world, he has scored 2 amazing goals.

Fact is he has scored disproportionate amount of goals in hard games this year (2016) when we were down. I wrote them, Malaga, Celta, Espanyol and Atletico. All games we looked clueless and looked like we could struggle to win and he scored in every one of them, everytime when we were down. You are using this bad form to say we play better then Messi, but didn't say shit when we played great and Messi played great.

You used Neymar and Suarez (to lesser extent) form to create an argument where they are better when Messi is not around. But you failed to mention they have played shit ton of games 2 times a week ever since and that you cannot compare their form from begging of a season and in the end of the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans