10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total-Football

according to the official website messi run 7049 meters for those who dont know he run 8500 against bayern last year ) , griezman run 11417 ( didnt play full game)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Of course, the KMs, we neeeeeeeed the Kilometeeeeeeeeeeers.

Why is there no decimal to those numbers ???

footyfan

Calma, calma
Oh I definitely believe the heart problems rumour. He completely lacked one during the Atleti game.

Also can't believe people still arguing about distance. It's not distance that matters, it's intensity. He just doesn't have it right now. He's not enchufado or whatever the word is.

Also, hopefully people finally realize how much difference the team makes in trophies. Give Ronaldo the Barca team of the past 6 years and dump Messi on the inferior Madrid team and the trophy count would be completely reversed.

blaugrana1987

Of course, the KMs, we neeeeeeeed the Kilometeeeeeeeeeeers.

Why is there no decimal to those numbers ???
That is extremely small amount of KMs mind you. 8.2 was his average in 2011, in 2015 it was similar. This is more in line to 2014. He looks much less involved obviously, he works so little.

TBH stamina shouldn't be a problem to athlete. To anyone actually, everyone can get into form and run for long periods of time. For top athlete like himself, there has got to be a reason for that.

blaugrana1987

Oh I definitely believe the heart problems rumour. He completely lacked one during the Atleti game.

Also can't believe people still arguing about distance. It's not distance that matters, it's intensity. He just doesn't have it right now. He's not enchufado or whatever the word is.

Also, hopefully people finally realize how much difference the team makes in trophies. Give Ronaldo the Barca team of the past 6 years and dump Messi on the inferior Madrid team and the trophy count would be completely reversed.
Madrid's team from 2012 onwards has been every bit as good as Barca's team. Actually, their first 11 (aside from attack) are better then ours, and they have also much bigger bench.

Obviously Ronaldo would win much more with Barcelona, with Real hardly buying anyone in last couple of years*

He wouldn't win more then Messi in Barcelona. Style of play in Real is completely made up for him. They played fast paced counter attacks in last few years, and a mix of that and possession with Carlo in 2014. Today he would probably look like shit as he and Real always do when they play Atletico. Its nice to jerk off to Real when they get into semis beating 9th team in Bundesliga, if they get Atletico they will curse the day these little balls were met together in draw.

*They are most expensive team in the world.

Total-Football

[MENTION=19697]Vlom[/MENTION] . all the pro foot ball players in the world ( including barca ) wear the gps trackers in the training session ( let alone official matches ) .. go tell the coaches why .. and tell em f** kms ..

Vlom

That doesn't make sense, team is off form but so is Messi, as if Messi didn't win us trophies almost on his own.

Please. Madrid is as good a team as Barça without Messi, so NO, Messi in Madrid, the trophy count would be for Madrid too, Messi is the common denominator for the last 10 years.

Opportunists are crawling out from everywhere, my god.

And yes, it's "enchufado".

footyfan

Calma, calma
Madrid's team from 2012 onwards has been every bit as good as Barca's team. Actually, their first 11 (aside from attack) are better then ours, and they have also much bigger bench.

Obviously Ronaldo would win much more with Barcelona, with Real hardly buying anyone in last couple of years*

He wouldn't win more then Messi in Barcelona. Style of play in Real is completely made up for him. They played fast paced counter attacks in last few years, and a mix of that and possession with Carlo in 2014. Today he would probably look like shit as he and Real always do when they play Atletico. Its nice to jerk off to Real when they get into semis beating 9th team in Bundesliga, if they get Atletico they will curse the day these little balls were met together in draw.

*They are most expensive team in the world.

That doesn't make sense, team is off form but so is Messi, as if Messi didn't win us trophies almost on his own.

Please. Madrid is as good a team as Barça without Messi, so NO, Messi in Madrid, the trophy count would be for Madrid too, Messi is the common denominator for the last 10 years.

Opportunists are crawling out from everywhere, my god.

And yes, it's "enchufado".

Madrid was better in 2014 and that's it. And guess what, you went trophyless while they won CL and Copa

You guys had one bad coach (Tata) and you went absolutely crazy :lol: Can't imagine what would have happened with Perez as your chairman and his constant interferences. And yeah, would love to see how Messi solves a Modric-Kroos-Isco midfield and a defender who can't keep his head in most big games. The one year where Madrid had a balanced lineup (Di Maria - Alonso - Modric) they were better than you.

Madrid being every bit as good as Barca is BS and you know it. Busquets, Alves, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, Suarez - this is a fucking loaded team. Best DM of all time maybe, 2nd best RB of past 2 decades, greatest midfielder of all time maybe, 2nd greatest Spanish player of all time, most talented youngster in the world and future best player, one of the best strikers of the past 20 years....which analogous positions exactly is Ronaldo's team better in? Marcelo and that's it.

spark

Yes congrats on the... quarterfinal trophy? One win against a defensively clueless team such as Wolfsburg is clearly definitive proof that the trophy count would be reversed.

Vlom

I am NOT gonna try to explain why Messi > Ronaldo again, please, not tonight.

I give up, CR7 is a god. May he live long and prosper.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yes congrats on the... quarterfinal trophy? One win against a defensively clueless team such as Wolfsburg is clearly definitive proof that the trophy count would be reversed.

Doubt Madrid will even win CL this year, but it's not like I only recently got this Eureka moment. Had this belief for a long time. Sure, Messi is a better player than Ronaldo (only blind person can't see that). Doesn't change shit about my other statement though. Barca trophies are because of how good they were as a team.

Can't believe people still talking about small team bullshit just because your team can't beat Atleti in the CL. Madrid knocked Atleti out at the same stage last year and beat them in the final in 2014.

Messi fans are really butthurt recently.

Total-Football

I am NOT gonna try to explain why Messi > Ronaldo again, please, not tonight.

I give up, CR7 is a god. May he live long and prosper.

i ve never participated in a messi / Ronaldo argument in my life .. because when you starts giving arguments than Ronaldo already won lol ..it means that it's close lmao .. i can argue the debatable .. i dont waste time arguing th obvious . the only argument i participate is if Messi is the absolute goat or if there are other contenders

blaugrana1987

Madrid was better in 2014 and that's it. And guess what, you went trophyless while they won CL and Copa

You guys had one bad coach (Tata) and you went absolutely crazy :lol: Can't imagine what would have happened with Perez as your chairman and his constant interferences. And yeah, would love to see how Messi solves a Modric-Kroos-Isco midfield and a defender who can't keep his head in most big games. The one year where Madrid had a balanced lineup (Di Maria - Alonso - Modric) they were better than you.

Madrid being every bit as good as Barca is BS and you know it. Busquets, Alves, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, Suarez - this is a fucking loaded team. Best DM of all time maybe, 2nd best RB of past 2 decades, greatest midfielder of all time maybe, 2nd greatest Spanish player of all time, most talented youngster in the world and future best player, one of the best strikers of the past 20 years....which analogous positions exactly is Ronaldo's team better in? Marcelo and that's it.

Mate are you going to compare best Barcelona team with FIFA legendary card, or Barcelona vs Real since Ronaldo came to Madrid and latter years? Because Xavi in 2009-2010 is not the same one as 3 years later. Same goes for Iniesta and Alves.

For one, they had better GK then we had. Their defense IS better, and their defensive bench is longer. Carvajal from 2014 on ward is considerably better player then Alves who is well pass his 30s now. Marcelo is simply better player then Alba, always was. In MF, pairing of Busi-Xavi-Iniesta at their best was unplayable, but ever since 2013 and Xavis and Iniesta decline Madrids MF is every bit as good. They also had more players to drop in middle (ADM, Ozil, now Isco, James, Kroos, Modrić, Kovačić), their bench simply allows it and ours doesn't. In attack, in 2012 and 2013 you had Messi, Sanchez and injured Villa. Except for Messi, Madrid in that period had better attack and it showed. Messi was practically our ONLY scorer at that time.

Now MSN is better then BBC. But in period since 2012 to 2016 Madrid in attack had Ronaldo, Bale and Higuain who scored record number of goals in one season. And after they sold Higuain they brought Bale who, while not as good player as Neymar is now, was better in 2014.

In best case this is comparable. Ronaldo played with most expensive squad ever assembled, under Mourinho, Benitez and Carlo Ancelloti. Messi played under freshman Pep, terminally ill assistant coach Tito, absolute garbage tier that is Tata and now under Lucho who many believe is just profiting from MSN class (which I don't agree with). He also played at one of the best UTD sides and won 3 titles and 1 CL title. You are making Ronaldo look like he has played for scrub teams in his career...Real is team that has scored most amount of goals in past 4 years, they are extremely good side and Ronaldo playing in Barca wouldn't change a thing for his trophy cabinet.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Mate are you going to compare best Barcelona team with FIFA legendary card, or Barcelona vs Real since Ronaldo came to Madrid and latter years? Because Xavi in 2009-2010 is not the same one as 3 years later. Same goes for Iniesta and Alves.

For one, they had better GK then we had. Their defense IS better, and their defensive bench is longer. Carvajal from 2014 on ward is considerably better player then Alves who is well pass his 30s now. Marcelo is simply better player then Alba, always was. In MF, pairing of Busi-Xavi-Iniesta at their best was unplayable, but ever since 2013 and Xavis and Iniesta decline Madrids MF is every bit as good. They also had more players to drop in middle (ADM, Ozil, now Isco, James, Kroos, Modrić, Kovačić), their bench simply allows it and ours doesn't. In attack, in 2012 and 2013 you had Messi, Sanchez and injured Villa. Except for Messi, Madrid in that period had better attack and it showed. Messi was practically our ONLY scorer at that time.

Now MSN is better then BBC. But in period since 2012 to 2016 Madrid in attack had Ronaldo, Bale and Higuain who scored record number of goals in one season. And after they sold Higuain they brought Bale who, while not as good player as Neymar is now, was better in 2014.

In best case this is comparable. Ronaldo played with most expensive squad ever assembled, under Mourinho, Benitez and Carlo Ancelloti. Messi played under freshman Pep, terminally ill assistant coach Tito, absolute garbage tier that is Tata and now under Lucho who many believe is just profiting from MSN class (which I don't agree with). He also played at one of the best UTD sides and won 3 titles and 1 CL title. You are making Ronaldo look like he has played for scrub teams in his career...Real is team that has scored most amount of goals in past 4 years, they are extremely good side and Ronaldo playing in Barca wouldn't change a thing for his trophy cabinet.

Never said they were a scrub team, nor did I make it seem like I said that. They were always good enough to be a top 3 team. But to win trophies, you have to either be the best team or insanely lucky (Chelsea). Scoring millions of goals will not help if your defence can't hold up at important moments, gives up equal amount of goals in important moments and your midfield can't close games out or protect your lead.

You mention how Barca's team was weaker than normal in 2013. I agree, and look what happened. A complete demolition by the best team in Europe. Maybe being the best team actually matters, huh?

What does most expensive have to do with anything? Money doesn't mean shit when the best players play at Barcelona (some cases Bayern) and will not leave. Also don't know if you recall the Cruyff quote - "Never seen a bag of money score goals and win a match". Madrid overpay for good players, but these players are not the best in Europe, let alone best of generation level that Barca had.

Still don't understand how you can say Madrid's midfield is as good. They have great players, who might be on the Barca players level now, but imagine playing a Cesc-Xavi-Iniesta midfield. That's what Modric-Kroos-Isco is like. Midfields need balance, more than anything. They had a balanced midfield in 2014 and they were amazing. They had great midfields from 2010-2012 as well but Barca's were even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans