10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Doubt Madrid will even win CL this year, but it's not like I only recently got this Eureka moment. Had this belief for a long time. Sure, Messi is a better player than Ronaldo (only blind person can't see that). Doesn't change shit about my other statement though. Barca trophies are because of how good they were as a team.

Can't believe people still talking about small team bullshit just because your team can't beat Atleti in the CL. Madrid knocked Atleti out at the same stage last year and beat them in the final in 2014.

Messi fans are really butthurt recently.

i'd say this is a bit more of projection on your part as I didn't see you arguing your current position as vociferously when madrid and cristiano were struggling. messi has his share of blind fanboys, but he's taking due criticism for his recent performances from what I can tell.

footyfan

Calma, calma
i'd say this is a bit more of projection on your part as I didn't see you arguing your current position as vociferously when madrid and cristiano were struggling. messi has his share of blind fanboys, but he's taking due criticism for his recent performances from what I can tell.

You are correct. Certain Messi fans are butthurt recently.

Also, I don't have to voice my opinion when it makes no sense to do it. Right now, I'm only voicing it because people are going full on with how CR's trophy case is shit and how he only plays well against small teams, while their own hero is completely out of gas. Btw, that criticism is only so strong now because they are feeling threatened. Otherwise, they are too busy worrying about irrelevant small things like CR's celebrations and his red card aggressions.

Last edited:

Richard.H

After that Argentina vs Chile game, his form dropped A LOT. I mean, so much that it was more than noticeable. What did he do in Argentina? Run a marathon after that match?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Also, I don't have to voice my opinion when it makes no sense to do it. Right now, I'm only voicing it because people are going full on with how CR's trophy case is shit and how he only plays well against small teams, while their own hero is completely out of gas. Btw, that criticism is only so strong now because they are feeling threatened. Otherwise, they are too busy worrying about irrelevant small things like CR's celebrations and his red card aggressions.

Footy, go easy on us today, will you? This is really a heartbroken day for lot of us Cules and the elimination is sinking in. I hope you understand that.

Pick another day to ridicule us, will you?

spark

Doubt Madrid will even win CL this year, but it's not like I only recently got this Eureka moment. Had this belief for a long time. Sure, Messi is a better player than Ronaldo (only blind person can't see that). Doesn't change shit about my other statement though. Barca trophies are because of how good they were as a team.

Can't believe people still talking about small team bullshit just because your team can't beat Atleti in the CL. Madrid knocked Atleti out at the same stage last year and beat them in the final in 2014.

Messi fans are really butthurt recently.

Well I didn't say small team, I said defensively clueless. And we are talking about this year when Atleti have Felipe Luis back in their starting 11 instead of Siqueira. They clearly are better defensively than last year and the statistics support that. We already saw Madrid struggle against them a month and a half ago so its not really being butthurt to point out that as much merit as overcoming Wolfsburg holds, its not exactly equal to playing against Simeone's team in current form.

As far as the team being the difference between trophy haul, I remain skeptical. I hypothesize that if Messi was in the Capital's club he would be even more successful, at least domestically. For one he would have the Spanish media on his side. There is no way he would have not won the Golden Ball in 2013 with the Madrid media machine on his side in full drive. As an institution RM is far more influential and because of that there would also be less scandals. Tax issue for example would be squashed by now.

I saw you mentioned Perez's meddling further up but that only looks at the downside. How many times has CR lost it and gotten sent off over the years? He would probably have more red cards were he not wearing white considering each time the referees later got demoted for sending him off. Mourinho is another example, take them out of the Madrid environment and put them in Barca and much more of their darker traits would be punished. Let Lucho poke A Madrid assistant in the eye and see if he wouldn't be banned for a year. Having Perez as a president is still better than having Bartomeu from a player protection point of view.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

Eat a d%%k, choose your timing to come troll us here with CR will you! ?

Ban me if you want, but the opportunism of non-barça fans around here lately is unbearable.

Normally I would have included "Please" before the ead.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I am worried about his heart problem rumors.... LIfe >>>>>>>>>> Football

I'm not. There is simply no chance whatsoever that it was discovered that has a serious heart condition and we still play him 90 minutes week in week out. It would be unethical and irresponsible to Messi and it would be beyond terrible decision for our team. IF there is any truth to it, I want to see the people behind such decision (to practically force Messi to play) fired on the fu***ing spot! This isn't amateur Sunday league where Dave has a huge hangover and a sprained ankel after trying to karate-kick a garbage can - yet still plays because they're missing a player.
Whatever it is, something is really fucked up and it was very obvious yesterday - he hardly broke a sweat. I've seen Messi walk around before, but never like this. So either somebody forces him to play which is blatantly stupid or Messi didn't give a fu*k yesterday, which is also blatantly disrespectful towards all the fans. If it's the later, I really don't give a fu*k what he's done for the club up to this point - YOU AT LEAST TRY!

Last edited:

RevoTeller

Oh I definitely believe the heart problems rumour. He completely lacked one during the Atleti game.

Also can't believe people still arguing about distance. It's not distance that matters, it's intensity. He just doesn't have it right now. He's not enchufado or whatever the word is.

Also, hopefully people finally realize how much difference the team makes in trophies. Give Ronaldo the Barca team of the past 6 years and dump Messi on the inferior Madrid team and the trophy count would be completely reversed.

Maybe I'm missing something (I don't post here a lot), but I remember you to have thumbs up Messi avatar and to be his supporter.
If I'm not mistaken and such assumption of mine is correct, what did really change for you?

- Do you really now believe in what you write (you maybe had a CR revelation in your sleep..)
- Are you in reality trolling the forum and enjoying your time?

Really, I'm curious.

raskolnikov

Footyfan just a cr7 fanboy that goes overboard with the trolling now.
Normally a barcafan then we lose and its "you"/they" rather than "we/us".
Some people roll like that.

Messi983

I don't really believe in those heart problem rumours but could see him still having problems with kidney stones.

xxxxxx

There is no way Messi would be allowed to play if he had a heart problem. Some people are acting silly.

The problem is something else.

Golazo

Is it just me, or was messi killing it all season long on the right wing and now during this five game slump he is no longer on the wing? Why isn't he playing on the wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans