10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

Is it just me, or was messi killing it all season long on the right wing and now during this five game slump he is no longer on the wing? Why isn't he playing on the wing?

That's one million dollar question for me as well. Yesterday he actually started on the wing and was also tracking back Carrasco once but later he again moved to midfield. Don't know if it's his or Lucho's decision to do that but I don't believe it's the right thing to do against the defense as good as Atletico's. We should extend the field as much as possible and I think both Rakitic and Alves (and later Roberto and Arda) would profit from Messi occupying Luis Filipe more as well. Only possible explanation I have is that either Lucho or Messi are just too affraid of Filipe's starts against Messi after what happened in La Liga game at Nou Camp. But I don't really believe in that and he'd play more on the wing against Villarreal or RM if that were their reason. Not that playing against Godin and/or all of the battling Atletico's midfielders is anything easier than going against Filipe anyway.

raskolnikov

I think its just fatigue and him wanting to help/participate more than he would standing at rw.
If he was running his ass of then you could see it like that but he isnt.
Messi played almost every minute since coming back from injury and its not out of the blue as you might think.
His endurance was decreasing even before he went to Argentina.

I think it already started in february around the Arsenal matches. Panama stuff also distracts him obviously.

Observer

Banned
The level of meltdown & retardness this thread has gone...

giphy.gif

Hats off for the ppl keeping an objective debate.

Gaudi

Messi doesn't need to run 12km and still dribble, assist etc...that's stupid, of course team needs to help him in defence and give him freedom to do some magic...but I hate when he gets in that lethargic mode, even his face looks like he would rather be anywhere else but here. Yesterday I had a feeling Cholo run more on sidelines than Leo entire match.

JackaL

So 3-4 matches and people doubt Messi? The world is cruel. Shit this guy won La Liga on his own under Vilanova when the team was out of breath and hunger after Pep's era. He stepped up countless times in the biggest of the biggest games. Last year's CL final, although not scoring, he created everything for the 2nd and most important goal. I am not going to be nostalgic, but hey 3-4 games and people talk about denial? If there's anything wrong we will surely know it sooner or later.

Observer

Banned
Objective?
To me it looks like a fine mix between delusion and denial

You can criticize players all you want fair & square without implying that we should sell them all, everything is lost & its the end of the world.

Some ppl need to man the fuck up & unfortunately there are retards on both sides of the fence destroying every bit of intelligent discussion we could be having.

But I'm not counting on that happening a day after a big loss.

gasgas

You can criticize players all you want fair & square without implying that we should sell them all, everything is lost & its the end of the world.

Some ppl need to man the fuck up & unfortunately there are retards on both sides of the fence destroying every bit of intelligent discussion we could be having.

But I'm not counting on that happening a day after a big loss.

Nobody said, sell everybody :lol:

So he won us the treble last year and is always saving us, also saving Argentina (clash of egos) and people blasting him?

He never stop playing! last summer was Copa, to the final, summer 2014 was the world cup, to the final.
Why Some think he's a Terminator ? He's not a machine and do have feelings too. It means personnal problems can screw him.

To those who says he doesn't care wath this picture from last match, and tell me what you think:

Lionel+Messi+Club+Atletico+de+Madrid+v+FC+_assF9_oKChx.jpg

NotInHere

He wont have anytime to rest anyway, he will have to play another Copa America, if he really wants to regain his physical shape for next season, he's gonna have to say no to Argentina in June.

This is either physical or mental, who knows

Hardy

He wont have anytime to rest anyway, he will have to play another Copa America, if he really wants to regain his physical shape for next season, he's gonna have to say no to Argentina in June.

This is either physical or mental, who knows

He played one of the best season of his career after world cup, i don't think this is the problem.

NotInHere

He played one of the best season of his career after world cup, i don't think this is the problem.
but didn't he get injured? He only played amazing around February if I remember correctly, he was out for like months during the first half of the season no?

Devils

So he won us the treble last year and is always saving us, also saving Argentina (clash of egos) and people blasting him?

He never stop playing! last summer was Copa, to the final, summer 2014 was the world cup, to the final.
Why Some think he's a Terminator ? He's not a machine and do have feelings too. It means personnal problems can screw him.

To those who says he doesn't care wath this picture from last match, and tell me what you think:

Lionel+Messi+Club+Atletico+de+Madrid+v+FC+_assF9_oKChx.jpg

Looks like a guy who is about to be sent to jail for tax evasion.

:bartomeu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans