10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidane121

Banned
there is no beed to talk about favorites unless we know who are the champions of the major trophies ( liga - champions - euro - copa america) those trophies will play a factor .. if messi secures la liga and go on to win Copa America it will take something really special from the competitors to snatch his 6th ballon d'or

Ronaldo won the B'allon Dor in 2013 when Barca won La Liga with Tito, it was because he just helped Portugal Qualify for the World Cup with a hatrick vs. sweden is why he won it, otherwise Messi should've probably won that Ballon D'or too. So even if Barca win La liga, ronaldo could still win it if he does decent in the Euro's and a CL win would guarantee Ballon Dor win. Also Arg get to finals but never win it, and this is not the proper copa its the 100 year tournament, neymar isn't even playing as its not important.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't go that far. Barca will (hopefully) do a double, and Messi has more goals in 2016 than Cristiano. I'd imagine more assists too but can't be sure. I

t's still all to play for is what I meant. Messi could also win a Copa America, but it's hard to know how much value they put in international achievements.

Messi winning the Copa America will most likely be far more hyped than Cristiano doing decently with Portugal(unless he wins it all ofc, which is unlikely IMO).

There have been so much made out about Messi not doing anything with Argentina by the same old stupid audience, that if he manages to win something with them, it'll immediately be the talk of the town.

Total-Football

exactly .. this next Copa may be a stupid one .. but if Messi wins it it will ring something in the head of the voters .. Ronaldo is having a regular season the guy is not spectacular anymore , Madrid are extreamly Lucky to be fighting for titles and it's highly unlikely they will win any shit .. so Messi needs to play with kojones and win laliga and Copa and wear an ugly suit by the end of year at the gala because the ballon will be his

I loved his match today. He really wanted to push his teammates up front in the limelight.
To bad Neymar screwed a lot of his great passes.

Still can't beleive his didn't take one peno! :cheers:

doublehh03

Ronaldo won the B'allon Dor in 2013 when Barca won La Liga with Tito, it was because he just helped Portugal Qualify for the World Cup with a hatrick vs. sweden is why he won it, otherwise Messi should've probably won that Ballon D'or too. So even if Barca win La liga, ronaldo could still win it if he does decent in the Euro's and a CL win would guarantee Ballon Dor win. Also Arg get to finals but never win it, and this is not the proper copa its the 100 year tournament, neymar isn't even playing as its not important.

You are aware Messi is the leader in goals AND assists this year so far right. If he keeps this up, Barca wins the double and ARG wins the Copa, it should be his.

Ritchie

It's not a recent thing though.

I'm of the opinion Messi is the greatest of all time (at least in my lifetime), but this sort of thing is what made Maradona special too. He didn't shy away when things got tough. Messi misses a few pens and he's palming the responsibility off to others, who also had an earlier track record of missing, looking at you Ney!

Rubbish. The game was won. Messi stepped up for a pressure pen at Arsenal and if it's 0-0 in the last 3 games and we get one, or the final, i'd expect him to take it. Most of the pens we get in Spain the game is done anyway and that's when Messi passes it over.

TBH though I don't trust either of them to take a penalty.

It's not a recent thing though.

I'm of the opinion Messi is the greatest of all time (at least in my lifetime), but this sort of thing is what made Maradona special too. He didn't shy away when things got tough. Messi misses a few pens and he's palming the responsibility off to others, who also had an earlier track record of missing, looking at you Ney!

Messi always takes the important penalties in this team. Only reason Suarez gets it is because of the fact that he is closest to Ronaldo for the Pichichi.

Batistuta9

I hardly ever post, but some people are too harsh on Messi. When they say he doesn't care and doesn't run. He has given everything to barca, been the best player in the world since making the ballon dor podium in 2007. Whereas suarez and Neymar are only playing the highest level of football now. We can't expect Messi to do the same as he's drained and it's because of us.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I hardly ever post, but some people are too harsh on Messi. When they say he doesn't care and doesn't run. He has given everything to barca, been the best player in the world since making the ballon dor podium in 2007. Whereas suarez and Neymar are only playing the highest level of football now. We can't expect Messi to do the same as he's drained and it's because of us.

You should post more fellow Batistuta comrade! :hooray:

While I agree that people do go too far in criticizing him, and telling that he has no passion and the usual.

He shouldn't be above criticism itself. He's the holder of the Balon D'Or, and is rightfully the leader of the team. Ofc, he will be criticized with the rest of the team for those awful showings which led to the CL exit. And the chances are that he'll be criticized more than the rest, simply because of the massive expectations on him.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
While I agree that people do go too far in criticizing him, and telling that he has no passion and the usual.

He shouldn't be above criticism itself. He's the holder of the Balon D'Or, and is rightfully the leader of the team. Ofc, he will be criticized with the rest of the team for those awful showings which led to the CL exit. And the chances are that he'll be criticized more than the rest, simply because of the massive expectations on him.

Of course he's not above criticism, his (lack of) runing etc have been discussed many times just recently.

BUT there's that Total-Football kid that thinks he should be dropped cause he has no stamina, that he's not good enough, that Neymar is now the best player in the world (lol) and posts that after every game even when Messi plays well, and let's not even mention that madridista troll Zidane121 that said we should sell Messi to City this summer .... :rofl1:

How many goals have MSN got this season? Have they gone over 120?

122, they will break their own record in the next game :)

J

Jamie Cal

Messi winning the Copa America will most likely be far more hyped than Cristiano doing decently with Portugal(unless he wins it all ofc, which is unlikely IMO).

There have been so much made out about Messi not doing anything with Argentina by the same old stupid audience, that if he manages to win something with them, it'll immediately be the talk of the town.

That's true, but he was player of the world cup and people were campaigning that he shouldn't even make the podium. That's why I said you don't know how much stock they put in international achievements anymore.

I think Portugal have a pretty good chance, but more so because the 3 big teams are all liable to collapse. VDB still in charge of Spain after a horrible WC, Germany having an awful post world cup campaign, and no one does internal conflict like the French. Unlikely that all 3 will collapse, but a darkhorse could sneak in imo.

Though it may be a tournament or 2 too soon for Portugal's fantastic young talents to prosper.

His last suit was quite OK actually, was expecting something extravagant again ^^

His red Dolce suit was gorgeous to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans