10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
People also use the "Messi has higuain, aguero, di maria at the nt. they're great players, so Messi should had won a title by now. It's messi's fault." as well. So he's used to deflect, really?
And yes, those were sitters.

These people are just haters.
How can anyone who has seen higaun, aguero and di maria playing for argentina use that argument against him? lol, they are complete chokers.

JamDav1982

People also use the "Messi has higuain, aguero, di maria at the nt. they're great players, so Messi should had won a title by now. It's messi's fault." as well. So he's used to deflect, really?
And yes, those were sitters.

Yeah and I totally disagree with that as well.

It is a team game and no Argies player has really stepped up for Argentina in the finals and biggest games bar Masch in my opinion.

No, they were not sitters.

Zidane121

Banned
Yeah and I totally disagree with that as well.

It is a team game and no Argies player has really stepped up for Argentina in the finals and biggest games bar Masch in my opinion.

No, they were not sitters.

Certainly weren't sitters and at least Higuain is getting in there and making the runs to have chances, so even though he missed them, he's getting into good scoring positions.

JamDav1982

Sitters are open goals from like 4 yards out or something.

Yeah that is what sitters are referred to far more than one on ones etc.

When it is harder to miss.

Pointless discussion really and they were great chances regardless that you need to take to win finals etc.

RMU ReBorn

Not quite sitters but good chances and he has been poor.

People do use him to deflect from Messi as his name crops up every time people mention Messi not being great. Even when everyone agrees he missed chances and has been shit.
Higuen And Burichiaga is the difference between making a drug addict goat and Messi a Nt Failure ..

RMU ReBorn

Thats not the case.

Maradona had to have the best individual WC ever to get to point of that Burachaga goal making them champions.

what he did in final , did he scored ? .. If you are talking about his pass , Messi created many for Argentina only to see his forwards bottling it . That's why i said there is difference between p champion player's like Valdano -Burichiaga To Bottler's like Higuain and Aguero . I am not even mentioning pathetic Di Maria ,

Ripsta

Messi scored his penalty last year and in 2011, so the trolls who say he's a bottle job can FOAD. Higuain is just a cunt. If he stays on the next Argentina manager needs to tell him to go fuck himself. Prick.

Oh, and Messi's performances at International level is horribly blown out of proportion:

2006 WC: Reached QF - Pekkerman got slaughtered for leaving Leo on the bench Vs Germany
2007 CA: Reached Final - Messi's was fabulous in this tournament, named young player, Brazil were just too good
2010 WC - Reached QF - Awsome in the group stage, faltered in the KO's, Germany begun their rise to dominance (coinciding with Spain's eventual demise after 2012). Maradona was to blame for his shitty tactics.
2011 CA - Reached QF - Played his heart out, Uruguay were too good, lost on pens (SCORED)
2014 WC - Reached Final - Best player in the group stage, crucial getting Argentina past Switzerland, struggled in the final, Higuain and Palacio cost them a win. Lost in ET
2015 CA - Reached Final - Best player in the tournament, rejected the Golden Ball award, lost on pens (SCORED). Higuain becomes a cunt for second year running
2016 CA - Reached Final - Best player in the tournament (sorry Sanchez can fuck right off, he was NOT better than Messi), played well in the final, lost on pens (MISSED). Higuain becomes a cunt for third year running.

7 Tournaments, 4 Finals. Top scorer for his country, Most assists. Let down by his team mates on every occassion.

A few have mentioned it now, but Burruchaga misses his chance against Germany in '86 and the comparisons to Maradona never even crop up. Higuain slots one of his away and Messi becomes a footballing god. Fine lines, and also very stupid ones.

JamDav1982

what he did in final , did he scored ? .. If you are talking about his pass , Messi created many for Argentina only to see his forwards bottling it . That's why i said there is difference between p champion player's like

Yes his pass in final opened it up.

Before that in earlier rounds he was unreal in getting them to final.

Could argue that Messi needed his defence and GK for pens in a way that Maradona never to even get to the final. If you are saying that the only difference between Maradona in 86 and Messi is the finishing of team mates then that is just fantasy.

I am saying that from point of view of rating Messi the better players and hate the idea Maradona won 86 single handed.

RMU ReBorn

Yes his pass in final opened it up.

Before that in earlier rounds he was unreal in getting them to final.

Could argue that Messi needed his defence and GK for pens in a way that Maradona never to even get to the final. If you are saying that the only difference between Maradona in 86 and Messi is the finishing of team mates then that is just fantasy.

I am saying that from point of view of rating Messi the better players and hate the idea Maradona won 86 single handed.

I can argue that Messi was crucial in maintaining possession in Mid field. Else Robben would have run riot , to Arg Defense which would have been too much for Masche. But Football is all about goal's , And Maradona is better than Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans