10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

I can argue that Messi was crucial in maintaining possession in Mid field. Else Robben would have run riot , to Arg Defense which would have been too much for Masche. But Football is all about goal's , And Maradona is better than Messi

Robben did run riot and only Masch stopped him. Masch who was by far Argentinas best player in that game and took the team through more than anyone.

Messi in no competition has been close to Maradona 86 to argue the only difference between him and Maradona then is the finishing of team mates is not accurate.

I think you need to go and watch the 1986 games. Maradona was far more involved in the build up play and dictating tempo than Messi has been for Argentina.

aondoe

His retirement from intetnationals really saddens me. I knew the pressure was on, and he wanted to win a trophy for Argentina so bad. I remember when he one golden ball at the last world cup and he was so devastated I hope he reconsiders.

Iarwain

Maradona had to have the best individual WC ever to get to point of that Burachaga goal making them champions.
Well, Messi had to be directly involved in 7 out of 8 goals of his team to get to the point of Palacio or Higuain chance. :)

But the focal point here is Burruchaga had to run almost 40m and have 4 touches with the ball in the process of scoring that game-winning goal. He could have CHOKED it at any time during that run, but he didn't.

RMU ReBorn

Robben did run riot and only Masch stopped him. Masch who was by far Argentinas best player in that game and took the team through more than anyone.

Messi in no competition has been close to Maradona 86 to argue the only difference between him and Maradona then is the finishing of team mates is not accurate.

I think you need to go and watch the 1986 games. Maradona was far more involved in the build up play and dictating tempo than Messi has been for Argentina.
Messi had lot of runs through the wing , which was crucial in not giving Holland possession . with out Messi in mid field even masche would have been helpless and talking about involving in attack like maradona did , sorry there is a day light of difference between 1986 Arg team and sebella's 2014 team which gave emphasis to sit back tactics unlike traditional Argentine style .

Kuchi

Worried a bit, hoping this is the kind of blow that makes him hungry and not the one that breaks something inside and kills the will to compete, but rather wait complacently for the years to roll out. Knowing messi even wrighting this is stupid.

No disrespect to argentinians in here,but it's about time he said fuck off to all those ungratefull haters that call themselves fans.

Ripsta

Messi was better than Maradona in the group stages in 2014. It was the KO's were Maradona sprung to life, but people always dismiss just how good his team mates were. Messi constantly has to deal with the myth Maradona dd it on his own. He didn't. The players he played with were independent enough to not rely on Maradona to produce the impossible (even if he did Vs England). Argentina's current crop pass it to Messi and expect him to do what Maradona did.

It's grossly unfair. I absolutely hate the uneducated twoddle people come out with just to downplay Messi's achievements.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Just don't mind the haters guys, if leo won the big one in '14 they would say "sure a team with higuain, aguero, di maria, masch, nothing special", if he had joined the spanish national team they would say "yeah, he took the easy way out and joined their golden generation for easy trophies, he should do it with a worse team".

Messi has proven time and time again he's the goat, nothing else matters. :pique1:

JamDav1982

Messi had lot of runs through the wing , which was crucial in not giving Holland possession . with out Messi in mid field even masche would have been helpless and talking about involving in attack like maradona did , sorry there is a day light of difference between 1986 Arg team and sebella's 2014 team which gave emphasis to sit back tactics unlike traditional Argentine style .

Totally disagree and your bias in giving Messi credit for that Masch performance is wild.

In that Dutch game a lot of the talk in ET was of them taking Messi off as he was so little involved in game. You are just making things up to suit.

JamDav1982

Messi was better than Maradona in the group stages in 2014. It was the KO's were Maradona sprung to life, but people always dismiss just how good his team mates were. Messi constantly has to deal with the myth Maradona dd it on his own. He didn't. The players he played with were independent enough to not rely on Maradona to produce the impossible (even if he did Vs England). Argentina's current crop pass it to Messi and expect him to do what Maradona did.

It's grossly unfair. I absolutely hate the uneducated twoddle people come out with just to downplay Messi's achievements.

I have watched all of the 1986 WC games with Argentina and Maradona was on a different level to anything Messi has been for Argentina.

He didnt do it single handedly and I rate Messi higher. I spent ages reading about Maradonas team mates and achiements etc so know full well the abilities of each team.

Messi is better than Maradona no question and on average been better at intl tournament probably.

blaugrana1987

Higuain fucked up good chances yes, 100% chances, but not sitters.

Also, comparison with 80s and 70s...Last 3 WC (and 3 Copas) ALL went into ET. Todays game is much more tactical and smart with defending then Maradonas time. Maradona 86 was one of GOATs in finnest 3 weeks of his life. Stars aligned and that was that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans