10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMU ReBorn

Totally disagree and your bias in giving Messi credit for that Masch performance is wild.

In that Dutch game a lot of the talk in ET was of them taking Messi off as he was so little involved in game. You are just making things up to suit.
Masche was their best player that day but Messi had a pivotal role in not giving up possession with his Barcelona passing game and runs through wing's .his contribution were as important as Maradona's . You are missing the point ,i didn't took the credit away from Masche . He was Motm with out any doubt

JamDav1982

Masche was their best player that day but Messi had a pivotal role in not giving up possession with his Barcelona passing game and runs through wing's .his contribution were nothing less than Maradona's . You are missing the point ,i didn't took the credit away from Masche . He was Motm with out any doubt

Messi was barely involved in play and looked lost at times in that game.

His contribution was miles behind Maradona in 1986 and it took Masch and penalties to get them through.

Strong chances he was flying on steroids but that tournament was best ever individually.

blaugrana1987

Maradona 86 is legendary. I think its time and place thing. Their defense was also best in cup, and theor attackers actually scored quite a few goals.

I still think Argies have a chance. A sliver linging in all of these is the fact that they had extremely good defense in last 3 finals against great teams, going to pen shotout twice and only conceding in 115 minute.

SeloBarca

A sitter is a chance that is harder to miss usually from an open goal or a few yards out. Not a one on one.

Eh no, when a striker of Higuain, Aguero, Messi, Ronaldos quality comes 1 on 1 with a goalkeeper straight ahead, those are called sitters.
Open goals are called tap ins, or just open goals.

Higuain was completly free against Germany, straight ahead.
Higuain was complete free against Chile, straight ahead.
Higuain had an open goal against Chile, but missed.

RMU ReBorn

Messi was barely involved in play and looked lost at times in that game.

His contribution was miles behind Maradona in 1986 and it took Masch and penalties to get them through.

Strong chances he was flying on steroids but that tournament was best ever individually.
Then you might have watched a different match , some body with match stats can easily prove your argument wrong

ini4ever

Fuck nt, if argentinians dont care about him why he should do then, let them move forward without Messi
I hope he doesn't reverse his opinion at the end.

Zidane121

Banned
Yes his pass in final opened it up.

Before that in earlier rounds he was unreal in getting them to final.

Could argue that Messi needed his defence and GK for pens in a way that Maradona never to even get to the final. If you are saying that the only difference between Maradona in 86 and Messi is the finishing of team mates then that is just fantasy.

I am saying that from point of view of rating Messi the better players and hate the idea Maradona won 86 single handed.

Exactly those performances from Maradona were like the GOAT, and people are forgetting what brilliance he did with a terrible Napoli team, compared to messi's Barca dream team.

El Flaco

[Video with English sub] Messi's post match interview after Argentina's loss in Copa America Centenario final against Chile

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Exactly those performances from Maradona were like the GOAT, and people are forgetting what brilliance he did with a terrible Napoli team, compared to messi's Barca dream team.

Napoli were not terrible.

They were amongst the biggest spenders in world and signed much better players than they had before.

Maradona would play when he felt like it while Messi takes the pressure every week to perform and take Barca to titles.

Maradona club career doesnt compare to Messi in any way.

blaugrana1987

If he quits he can fuck right of. There I said it.

He wont obviously, as soon as qualis start again he will be itching to play. He has one more cup to play for so Pulga better get going.

Zidane121

Banned
I'm a fan of Messi, after the 2014 WC final i was like ok unlucky, after 2015 copa final again i was like, hmm thats bad 2 finals but unlucky again, now this time 3 finals, wtf? It's just not good enough if he's truly the GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans