10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

I hope Messi returns.....but not too quickly.

They need to be made to realise what they have lost and appreciate it across the board more.

He clearly gives everything he has to Argentina and there is no stand out teams going into the WC in two years time. Where could still have a big chance.

NotInHere

Messi shouldn't even bother going back to play with such incompetent team unless Tata fires himself and Higuain/Aguero/Di Maria get the hell out of there, it was pissing me off how little they provided in the final, it was basically Messi vs the entire Chiles defense

Zidane121

Banned
Messi to return where? To Tata? Higuains in attack that constantly choke? With midfielders of Biglas, Banegas and Mascheranos who can't create anything and are there to destruct?

Argentina of 90s played better football than Argentina of last 10 years. Messi is basically doing it all himself and there is no point for him to return unless Tata leaves.

Tata did ok, they reached 2 consecutive copa finals, I think he can take them one step further and Win the 2018 WC.

JamDav1982

Messi shouldn't even bother going back to play with such incompetent team unless Tata fires himself and Higuain/Aguero/Di Maria get the hell out of there, it was pissing me off how little they provided in the final, it was basically Messi vs the entire Chiles defense

It isnt a totally incompetent team though.

They were overall the best team at the Copa and missed out on winning by a small margin and had big chances to win.

Think people are going way overboard on how bad Tata has been for them and how bad they are.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

They were overall the best team at the Copa and missed out on winning by a small margin and had big chances to win.

Think people are going way overboard on how bad Tata has been for them and how bad they are.

I don't like how Tata's first instinct when things go wrong is to try and shut up shop. It doesn't work. Sabella did the same thing.

F

Flavia

They could do much better with a better coach. Tata won't help them win anything. Outdated, a coward, and limited tactically.

JamDav1982

They could do much better with a better coach. Tata won't help them win anything. Outdated, a coward, and limited tactically.

Disagree.

He had them playing the best football at the Copa and Messi some of his best ever football for Argentina and he wasnt a coward at all.

They played a very strong Chile side and lost on pens in a game they could have won.

khaled_a_d

tbf They could do much worse too.
Argentina had even worse coach b4,probably Tata is the 2nd best coach after Sabella in the Messi era.
Sampaoli & Simeone won't come.It is probably gonna be another 60 years old coach from the domestic league

F

Flavia

Disagree.

He had them playing the best football at the Copa and Messi some of his best ever football for Argentina and he wasnt a coward at all.

They played a very strong Chile side and lost on pens in a game they could have won.

Argentina's defense was a mess. Also, argentina's game plan was to defend, and let Messi resolve things upfront. Insisting with aguero and higuain, while not calling dybala or correa is also a trait of cowards. The level of this copa was pretty low. Argentina weren't exactly playing that well either.

NotInHere

they have played like an incompetent team 3 times already when it matters the most, sure they were good against the garbage competetion but in this past final I asked myself, where's the midfield, where are the so called great strikers they have aside from Messi.. Chile literally taught them a lesson on how to give it their all in a match

F

Flavia

tbf They could do much worse too.
Argentina had even worse coach b4,probably Tata is the 2nd best coach after Sabella in the Messi era.
Sampaoli & Simeone won't come.It is probably gonna be another 60 years old coach from the domestic league

Their biggest problem is AFA. But they won't win anything with Tata. Especially a world cup. He'd be outsmarted by the 1st good coach they'd face.

JamDav1982

Argentina's defense was a mess. Also, argentina's game plan was to defend, and let Messi resolve things upfront. Insisting with aguero and higuain, while not calling dybala or correa is also a trait of cowards. The level of this copa was pretty low. Argentina weren't exactly playing that well either.

Correa has barely played for Atletico and should never be in the squad. Dyabala should be in....but that doesnt make him a coward.

The Argentina defence was fine and didnt concede in final two games.

He never just let Messi resolve things. He got the best out of Messi for most part and had players like Banega and Augusto supporting him really well.

You lot set out rules from start that bend to suit. Messi does well then its not aided by Tata it is just Messi 'resolving things' on his own. Messi doest play well and Tata gets the blame.

Its not Tatas fault that Higuain misses his chances or Messi misses his pen. He took them very close to winning it.

JamDav1982

they have played like an incompetent team 3 times already when it matters the most, sure they were good against the garbage competetion but in this past final I asked myself, where's the midfield, where are the so called great strikers they have aside from Messi.. Chile literally taught them a lesson on how to give it their all in a match

They never played like and incompetent team in the final and it was an even game they maybe had the best chances in.

The midfield in final was far from incompetent as well. Masch and Banega were brilliant and strongest area of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans