10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickstar

I don't get it why this under performance always happened in the final.

correction: during this copa edition, argentina went almost flawless, especially during the knockout. Why it has to be changed in the final? How do you guys see the final game if compared to quarter and semi? Was there an extreme change of tactic? As I didnt see anything wrong during arg vs venezuela and usa.

I didn't have the chance to see the final myself since im on another "final", birth of my daughter.

jj_101

correction: during this copa edition, argentina went almost flawless, especially during the knockout. Why it has to be changed in the final? How do you guys see the final game if compared to quarter and semi? Was there an extreme change of tactic? As I didnt see anything wrong during arg vs venezuela and usa.

I didn't have the chance to see the final myself since im on another "final", birth of my daughter.

It's a psychological problem. When the final comes their windpipe gets constricted.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Congratulations!

Total-Football

there is little sense in taking back his decision .. knowing that Dumby Rojo's is gonna be waiting for him .. and the useless chickens who call themselves strikers

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He'll be back for the WC, but if he's smart, he'll delay it as long as he can. Force Argentina and AFA's hand to fix their mess. The longer he sits out, the more pressure on them.

Should wait till at least the end of 2017 or the WC qualifiers.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am happy to see that he looks relatively happier now he is back in Argentina. He is still wearing the Argentina NT training top. :rockon:

lIQwQwE.jpg

ngNIw2z.jpg

SNtgobs.jpg

HkkihOf.jpg

Egert

Estonian Culé
Luis Suárez: "Knowing Leo, I'm sure he said what he said in a moment of sadness. I'm certain Messi will change his mind about retiring from Argentina. Whatever they say, he's the best ever."

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

First of all Congrats! Second, the reason you saw a different Argentina in the Final as opposed to the knockout stages is because teams usually take less risks in the finals as well as extremely bad timing on the injuries of 2 key players that balanced the team in Agusto Fernandez and Gaitan. Having Biglia and Di Maria instead of those 2 really hampered Argentina in regards to the buildup play and coping to Chile's midfield pressure

RMU ReBorn

Leo Messi's MAJOR FINALS RECORD:
2007 Copa America final: 90 mins, 0 goals
2014 World Cup final: 120 mins, 0 goals
2015 Copa America final: 120 mins, 0 goals
2016 Copa100 final: 120 mins, 0 goals
4 finals. 4 losses. 0 goals.
Before Leo Messi Argentina Last played a world cup Final In 1990 . How about that ? Leading Assist's provider in Copa history which implies he has been a un deniable influence in leading Argentina To 3 Copa Final's.. stats my foot

Zidane121

Banned
Leo Messi's MAJOR FINALS RECORD:
2007 Copa America final: 90 mins, 0 goals
2014 World Cup final: 120 mins, 0 goals
2015 Copa America final: 120 mins, 0 goals
2016 Copa100 final: 120 mins, 0 goals
4 finals. 4 losses. 0 goals.

Great stat, something has to be wrong for a stat like this, you never see it at Barca with Leo.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Great stat, something has to be wrong for a stat like this, you never see it at Barca with Leo.
Never understood why Zidane had such pathetic Record in Real Madrid. One fluke goal in Glasgow made him Legend forgetting the fact that He was failure in most of the season's with Galacticos

Golazo

I was at the game Sunday. Still trying to make sense of the events. On a night where we were supposed to witness Messi lift a cup for argentina, we saw him devastated from missing a pk and then retire.

It is too much pressure on him to repeat what maradona did.I could feel the pressure in the stadium. No matter what he does, the expectation to win is there and 2nd place is not a silver medal accomplished, but a failure.

The other thing I noticed is he was in the middle of the field with little space due to chile players suffocating him. Why not move him to the right wing for parts of the match?

Probably worse than higuain's miss was rojo'so red card. When things were going their way, it suddenly changed.

Everyone now wants him back, but is it just so he comes back to win a trophy? If yes, then we are back to the same pressure filled toxic environment. If it's an environment where they are expected to put in a good effort no matter the result, then maybe they can bury those chances calmly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans