10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

Very convenient. Rm and Spain are just fucked up. I would love to see our players boycott the Spanish team in protest. Whenever we are going strong they bring up this and Neymar case. This is a conspiracy not a conspiracy theory.

Galning

The fact that no Barça player has ever been player of the month is just laugh worthy. Proves again how Real Madrid based La Liga is, they will always be the club that has to win.

Ronaldo getting the reward after his amazing stand out performances in May :lol: (sarcasm)

JamDav1982

The fact that no Barça player has ever been player of the month is just laugh worthy. Proves again how Real Madrid based La Liga is, they will always be the club that has to win.

Ronaldo getting the reward after his amazing stand out performances in May :lol: (sarcasm)

Who choses the awards?

Is it a public vote or a panel?

raskolnikov

That was the same as pubicly acknowledging they favor rm, but still there's people who think they don't. Only in Spain.
Almost all casuals don't, they think Barca gets favoured just as much, even more in Europe and its just us being whiny with an inferiority complex obessing over Madrid.
I actually got banned on several football forums mentioning RM media, smear campaigns,penaldos and etxreme ref bias. It was viewed as extreme provocing rather than at the very least an uncommon opinion.
I think outside of Spain and international Barca fans, an overhwelming majority is unaware about the bias.

I want Messi to stay at Barca until he retires, don't even ruin your legacy by going back to Newell's Old Boys FFS

But with the way the media treats him, I honestly can't blame him anymore if he plans on leaving/would consider leaving. This is ridiculous now.

Catalan Fan

Well you've lived through all of the legends that we've been discussing (Messi, Maradona, Pele) etc. and you've just stated that Messi is the best you've seen. I don't get why you're getting annoyed at people calling him the best ever when you've essentially just done the same.

Yeah I know.Thing is, we are lucky enough to watch all of Messi's games these days, via internet streams/ great tv coverage etc right ? Back in the day that wasn't the case.All we got to see of Pele/Maradona etc were mostly during WC's, not every league/cup or international game like we see now.

That's why I say he's the best player I've seen, as I get to see pretty much all his games on tv/internet or occasionally live at Camp Nou.

The coverage is pretty complete now, so it's difficult to compare I think.

I just don't like this GOAT thing I guess :p

Catalan Fan

Messi himself shouldn't receive any punishment except for the fact that he was stupid enough to let his father handle the books. If someone goes to jail, it will be his father. Tho other players like Casillas who had this same problem in the past, just payed the amount and that's it. This is just a doing of some pro-Madrid enthusiastic judge, trying to get attention. I think it will be settled behind closed doors and nobody will go to jail.

Agree to some extent, but they will (and have) said that Messi himself gained financially by this, so he is culpable.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
After reading a bunch of stuff on Messi and the upcoming trial and possible scenarios, suddenly I got some chills down my spine.

Worst case and a unlikely scenario is that he actually goes to jail and serves time, which is unimaginable. Best case scenario is he is acquitted, but there will be some damage done regardless, mostly on his reputation (will it affect his Ballon d'Or chances?). What is between the two extreme is that he and his father are found guilty, pay a hefty fine to avoid serving time in jail, which is a plausible scenario. But I can't even start to imagine the damage that is going to do to Messi himself (his state of mind, his mentality, his outlook on his professional career and stuff) if he is ever found guilty. He probably won't be able to focus so much on training and playing, his form might take a nose dive and he might be so fed up that he decides to leave us and that country called Spain altogether.

I can't even start to imagine. I am terrified.

Certainly RM managers are whispering on Spanish judges' ear to punish him. I can't even imagine how much worse it was in Franco's ditatorship. Real Madrid and Spanish biased press can't stop Messi on pitch so they're using the corrupt Spanish judiciary system to stop him by any means.

Almost all casuals don't, they think Barca gets favoured just as much, even more in Europe and its just us being whiny with an inferiority complex obessing over Madrid.
I actually got banned on several football forums mentioning RM media, smear campaigns,penaldos and etxreme ref bias. It was viewed as extreme provocing rather than at the very least an uncommon opinion.
I think outside of Spain and international Barca fans, an overhwelming majority is unaware about the bias.

This is very true here,fans here are aware of the Spanish bias towards RM. They probably believe that RM won all its league honours by exclusively honest means. When I told a bunch of friends that in Franco's times Barcelona players used to be threatened being arrested or even killed if they beat the establishment team, most of them didn't believe me and thought I was just envious of "RM success". Fortunately a friend of mine who is an History and football enthusiast confirmed my report so that I wouldn't sound like a liar. I would't doubt that those 5 Champions League honours involved lots of corruption and power as well.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

ffbfad.png

Complete.

Great job! Keep it up, always nice to look at Messi's stats! :)

aaron101

Look at MSN at 3:50 minute mark. These 3 have a really good relationship outside the pitch. Messi also looks genuinely happy with Suarez and Neymar. Whenever I see these 3, they always laugh and joke around.

[youtube]watch?v=ReGd4u1IQFM[/youtube]

Drexl

After reading a bunch of stuff on Messi and the upcoming trial and possible scenarios, suddenly I got some chills down my spine.

Worst case and a unlikely scenario is that he actually goes to jail and serves time, which is unimaginable. Best case scenario is he is acquitted, but there will be some damage done regardless, mostly on his reputation (will it affect his Ballon d'Or chances?). What is between the two extreme is that he and his father are found guilty, pay a hefty fine to avoid serving time in jail, which is a plausible scenario. But I can't even start to imagine the damage that is going to do to Messi himself (his state of mind, his mentality, his outlook on his professional career and stuff) if he is ever found guilty. He probably won't be able to focus so much on training and playing, his form might take a nose dive and he might be so fed up that he decides to leave us and that country called Spain altogether.

I can't even start to imagine. I am terrified.

Don't worry, they can't do a damn thing to him. It's their last pathetic attempt and they'll achieve shit. The world also will realize how full of hatred those fascist bastards are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans