10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Don't worry, they can't do a damn thing to him. It's their last pathetic attempt and they'll achieve shit. The world also will realize how full of hatred those fascist bastards are.

I only read about people either thinking he should go to jail or how its not his fault. The few Barca fans yelling Madrid are seen as conspiracy theorists.

I hope Messi himself doesnt give a fuck and sees true the bullshit intention behind it.

Kohe321

Messi: "Barcelona gave me everything. I never have any desire to play for anybody else, I will be here for as long as they want me." [sl]

Always good to hear :)

namaria

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/sport/lionel-messi-talks-champions-league-copa-america

How does it feel to go straight from the Champions League final to the Copa América? How do the competitions compare?

As a player, you want to be playing in such big competitions, it is not about comparing them. The objective of Barcelona is to win every competition it enters, and the same is true for Argentina.

How does El Clásico compare to Argentina vs Brazil?

They are two of the biggest games in the world. It isn’t just what it means to the players, but you can sense in the stadium; what it means to the fans.

Is the Copa América just between Argentina and Brazil?

Not at all. Ourselves and Brazil are very strong, but Colombia showed at the World Cup how strong they are, Uruguay have big players, and Chile will be strong at home. Many teams have a chance to win.

Olympics aside, Argentina haven’t won a trophy for more than 20 years – has there been a decline in that time?

We’ve had some great teams since we last won a trophy, but have gone too long without winning. We came close in Brazil, but the World Cup is behind us now. The objective is to win Copa América.

Will you consider your career complete if you never lift the World Cup?

It is the ultimate goal in football, and it is still a dream I have. So many of my teammates at Barcelona have won it, and it is a dream to one day know what that feeling is like.

Some say the Champions League is a greater test than the World Cup. How do you see it?

They are both big tests. The difference is that with the World Cup you know you don’t get another chance for four years.

There’s a photograph of you looking at the World Cup trophy after the defeat against Germany. What went through your mind?

You move on from a defeat like that because you have to, but that loss will be a regret for all the players for the rest of our lives. You think about the chances we had that we didn’t take. I was not consolable after the final.

Argentina is constantly blessed with world-class footballers – is there any reason why England can’t produce those players?

I am not sure that it is true. If you look at the technical ability of a player like Wayne Rooney, he is as good as any player in Europe.

Which British players would thrive in La Liga right now?

As I mentioned, Rooney has exceptional quality. Not just great technical ability, but also works very hard for his team. I’m sure Manchester United will never
want to let him leave, though.

Arsenal tried to sign you when you were young. What sort of player would you have become in the Premier League?

It is hard to say, because my education would have been very different to what I have had at Barcelona, but the Premier League is obviously one of the best and most competitive in Europe.

What do you like or dislike about playing English or Scottish clubs in the Champions Lea
gue?

Nothing at all. They are always big games against English clubs, and Celtic is always a pleasure to play at because their fans create one of the most special atmospheres.

What do you practise and how do you develop certain tricks?

So much goes into what we do at Barca, it is no accident that we play the way we do. From the players who were brought through La Masia [Barca’s youth academy], you are taught the Barcelona philosophy from day one.

Were you taught any of your skills and tricks by Ronaldinho?

When I walked into the Barca dressing room as a 16-year-old, he was the best player in the world. He helped me settle; he is a great player but also a great guy. The way he played, Barcelona fans fell in love with him right away.

What’s the longest you’ve gone without scoring and how did it affect you mentally?

You always want to score, but it does not mean everything. You look at Luis [Suárez] early in the season, and he was not scoring many goals, but making so many and working so hard for the team. Now he is scoring goals for fun. As long as I am performing well for the team, and we are getting the right results, that is what matters.

Have you seen the videos on the internet inspired by the way you went round Jérôme Boateng for that goal against Bayern? What did your teammates think?

The players at Barcelona are very close, and always congratulate me on a good performance, but I could not perform the way I do without such great players around me.

Do you consider yourself as having a rivalry with Ronaldo? Is that a good motivation?

There is no rivalry. It’s something the media invented. We both want to do well for our clubs, it is not Messi vs Ronaldo, it never has been.

Do you wish you’d have played senior football in Argentina before moving to Barcelona?

Barcelona gave me everything, they took a chance on me when nobody else would. I never have any desire to play for anybody else, I will be here for as long as they want me
. :barcascarf:

Do you still play video games online with strangers? When you play football games do you always have the same skill and flair you show in real life?

I like to win beautifully, in reality and online!

Kerrybai

After reading a bunch of stuff on Messi and the upcoming trial and possible scenarios, suddenly I got some chills down my spine.

Worst case and a unlikely scenario is that he actually goes to jail and serves time, which is unimaginable. Best case scenario is he is acquitted, but there will be some damage done regardless, mostly on his reputation (will it affect his Ballon d'Or chances?). What is between the two extreme is that he and his father are found guilty, pay a hefty fine to avoid serving time in jail, which is a plausible scenario. But I can't even start to imagine the damage that is going to do to Messi himself (his state of mind, his mentality, his outlook on his professional career and stuff) if he is ever found guilty. He probably won't be able to focus so much on training and playing, his form might take a nose dive and he might be so fed up that he decides to leave us and that country called Spain altogether.

I can't even start to imagine. I am terrified.

Oh please mate the Ballon Dor is over. I don't understand how some people think it could go to another player.

Radec

Ballon d'Or is the least of all my concerns right now. I'd rather trade it for a not guilty verdict.

Messi has great character so it is very unlikely he'll be jailed if anything it just an attack on his reputations. Sadly I feel it could be different for Messi if he played for Madrid because he would just suffer a fine.

raskolnikov

Ballon d'Or is the least of all my concerns right now. I'd rather trade it for a not guilty verdict.

I would not worry about it, Messi pays more as a player than a convict and in the end thats why he would walk even if he was very guilty.
Rich people always get of easily, except Wesley Snipes though.

Cool interview by the way, only the epl bias at some questions annoys me, like is it really necesary toa sk these nationalistic questions before a copa america, jsut focus on that rather than your epl headline for more hits.

raskolnikov

Messi has great character so it is very unlikely he'll be jailed if anything it just an attack on his reputations. Sadly I feel it could be different for Messi if he played for Madrid because he would just suffer a fine.
It would have never been mentioned.

Asylum15

I would not worry about it, Messi pays more as a player than a convict and in the end thats why he would walk even if he was very guilty.

Cool interview by the way, only the epl bias at some questions annoys me, like is it really necesary toa sk these nationalistic questions before a copa america, jsut focus on that rather than your epl headline for more hits.

I still don't see the 'Rooney amazing player' view. He is an excellent player, better than most of the Englishmen around him but I wouldn't have ever had him here IMO.

He peaked early, and has been average for the last few seasons.

raskolnikov

I still don't see the 'Rooney amazing player' view. He is an excellent player, better than most of the Englishmen around him but I wouldn't have ever had him here IMO.

He peaked early, and has been average for the last few seasons.

Who else he going to mention though? Rooney us probably the best answer without appearing sarcastic.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

At the end of the day if Messi himself is unscathed and feels good about himself, it is all that matters. I just don't want him to be personally affected too much and his game suffers as a result. More importantly, I don't want him to leave us.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
At the end of the day if Messi himself is unscathed and feels good about himself, it is all that matters. I just don't want him to be personally affected too much and his game suffers as a result. More importantly, I don't want him to leave us.

I don't think he ever will, but still it would be nice to have a board that backs him when he needs the club instead of running polls about weither to sell him or not.

My only concern is the same as you, trial will be settled with money, that's all they want anyway; but I hope it doesn't affect Messi's game and morale.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
CHN1zOdW8AAd-73.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans