10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie

I still don't see the 'Rooney amazing player' view. He is an excellent player, better than most of the Englishmen around him but I wouldn't have ever had him here IMO.

He peaked early, and has been average for the last few seasons.

He's awful nowadays. Peaked about 5 years ago. Technically he's very poor.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I remember a lot of people wanting Rooney here back in 2010 after he scored a header vs Aston villa. I laughed it off but some were really serious about it.

Mitchell1978

At the end of the day if Messi himself is unscathed and feels good about himself, it is all that matters. I just don't want him to be personally affected too much and his game suffers as a result. More importantly, I don't want him to leave us.

You always seems very easily worried. Messi is mentally very tough and moves on from disappointment very quickly, its one of the reasons he has been able to come back so strong this season.

JamDav1982

Messi probably doesn't follow the Premier often and the first name that pops to his head is Rooneys:lol:

Rooney seems to be highly rated in Spain. Messi is not the first to mention him.

He was asked about British players and there are not many if any currently playing that have been on Rooneys level.

Galning

I remember a lot of people wanting Rooney here back in 2010 after he scored a header vs Aston villa. I laughed it off but some were really serious about it.

Internet is known for such comments and this forum is no different. Remember some members seriously wanted Janmaat last summer?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can't be worse than people wanting to sell Messi last summer. I was seriously shocked at some of the comments last year. We can talk as much about the Madrid fans behaviour at the Bernabeu as we want, but last year showed that there are plenty of Barca fans who are as bad as some of them, arguably even worse.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Success breeds new fans, even casual or superficial ones...It's one of the downsides to the club's era of dominance

serghei

Success breeds new fans, even casual or superficial ones...It's one of the downsides to the club's era of dominance

More popularity is never a downside. It's one of the reasons why we were able to make transfers like Neymar and Suarez. When it's about fans, the more, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans