10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Stoichkov1

Which proves my point.

In that situation clearly Man City can call themselves the better side.

No it doesn't. When I say "the best club in the world" I'm comparing that team to all the other teams in the world. Man City was a better side than Chelsea, but were they better than Real or Barcelona that year?

JamDav1982

No it doesn't. When I say "the best club in the world" I'm comparing that team to all the other teams in the world. Man City was a better side than Chelsea, but were they better than Real or Barcelona that year?

No and never claimed they would be.

Your question didnt make sense and I answered as to who would be the best team from that country if one won league and other CL.

JamDav1982

Why it isn't? Every journalist tries to answer that question. When Real won the CL in 2000 and failed to win the league all newspapers still called them "the best team in the world".

Answer it yourself then.

In a season where a team wins the CL but fails to win the league, which is the best team in the world?

Stoichkov1

Answer it yourself then.

In a season where a team wins the CL but fails to win the league, which is the best team in the world?

The one that won the CL except if the CL campaign of that team is ridiculously lucky like Liverpool 2005 or Chelsea 2012 or Real 2016.

Your turn now.

JamDav1982

The one that won the CL except if the CL campaign of that team is ridiculously lucky like Liverpool 2005 or Chelsea 2012 or Real 2016.

Your turn now.

Thats not an answer.

Who is the last team to win a domestic league on luck that you discount as not the best?

Stoichkov1

Which isnt the case.

The best team across that season won it.

Who was better and more dominant side in world football?

Peps Barca or Zidanes Real?

Peps Barca.

JamDav1982

Peps Barca.

Told you already that question makes no sense.

Flip it back at you. In a season that a team who is lucky wins the CL who is the best team in the world?

Home of Barca Fans