10 - Lionel Messi - v5

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
LMAO is this a Barcelona Board. Looks like there's an alternate Universe.

Messi is always contained more by opposition teams in the universe most of us is living in. If you watch carefully you can see they double up just before he is about to get the ball and there is a third man right behind them in case he gets through.

Nearly all the teams I have been seeing lately are doing this.

Again, Messi provokes that himself with his style of play.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Again, Messi provokes that himself with his style of play.

He should improve his movement, but he's not going to change his style of play to one like CRs. If anyone thinks a player is capable of making that transition this late in their career then they're just dense.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
There is only ONE hope for Argentinia and that is Paulo Dybala. With him Messi will get much more space to attack. Otherwise Argentinia will be knock out in last 16.

They could’ve needed him against Iceland today, that’s for sure. One of the best shooters around right now in football and that alone can be a lethal weapon against a parked bus.

BruceWayne11

I don't understand pressure. You shouldn't feel anything but elation at the fact that you will SMASH the penalty and celebrate. This is what Ronaldo sees, and Messi needs to stop giving a shit. I actually said that he should get hit (like vs Marcelo in 16/17) so that he forgets about it. Then he becomes a beast. There is no pressure. Only a moment of extacy before celebration. And the headlines are yours.

Stoichkov1

He should improve his movement, but he's not going to change his style of play to one like CRs. If anyone thinks a player is capable of making that transition this late in their career then they're just dense.

I mean in big tournaments like CL or WC he can't keep just running 8kms per match. Every other player except the GK runs more than him.

JamDav1982

Yes hopefully the People understand that missing a very good opputunity doesnt him that the loss is his fault. Messi miss the Penalty, by this logic ist all Messi fault.

It is the way football works.

If you are seen as best in world and playing likes of Iceland but fail it will get scrutinised more than anyone else as it does with Ronaldo and anyone else.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Of course he is not capable of that. A different type of player.

MagIX

Penalty kicked very bad, he felt the pressure, instead of getting exited and having cold blood (like CR) in these situations.
I hope that this missed penalty doesn't cost the qualification in the 1/8.
The match was ok, not easy for ARG (and any team) to play vs Iceland (11 defenders). In these matches you have to be clinical.

Home of Barca Fans