10 - Lionel Messi - v5

JamDav1982

I don't understand pressure. You shouldn't feel anything but elation at the fact that you will SMASH the penalty and celebrate. This is what Ronaldo sees, and Messi needs to stop giving a shit. I actually said that he should get hit (like vs Marcelo in 16/17) so that he forgets about it. Then he becomes a beast. There is no pressure. Only a moment of extacy before celebration. And the headlines are yours.

See Messi when Pavon went down?

Argies players appealed... Messi covered his face.

Not saying he didnt want pen but strange reaction.

M

MessiCam

Messi doesnt move that much and stands in the most congested areas that is reason he has so many men close to him.

On the ocassions today he didnt he had nothing when running at them.
That’s where he has been deployed. And all areas are congested when facing a parked bus that is that organised. There was no space for any Argentina player other than Mascherano who was the deepest lying...

The crap that gets spewed on this forum is sometimes mind blowing. Yes, Messi was poor especially in terms of his decision making and a shocker of a penalty but stuff like mentally weak, not motivated etc etc is nothing but pure and utter horse shit of the magnificent kind.

FinBarcelonafan

Penalty kicked very bad, he felt the pressure, instead of getting exited and having cold blood (like CR) in these situations.
I hope that this missed penalty doesn't cost the qualification in the 1/8.
The match was ok, not easy for ARG (and any team) to play vs Iceland (11 defenders). In these matches you have to be clinical.

Easier to kick the penalty after 3 minutes and a dive. Not as much pressure and you're more fresh. Different situations.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol: at this thread. 10/10 meltdown.

Messi should be discarded from the NT for the future. That will save Argentina the displeasure of deliviering crap performances at the world cup via not actually being there in the first place.

We have a conundrum here:

We all know Argentina is crappy without Messi. But we can clearly see from this game that they always try to give the ball to Messi and rely on Messi to do something. Perhaps they should stop feeding every ball to Messi, perhaps they should know how to play without Messi? At least that way they have multiple outlets to make things happen, not just one (Messi). Messi has an off game like today they are completely idealess.

KingLeo10

He should improve his movement, but he's not going to change his style of play to one like CRs. If anyone thinks a player is capable of making that transition this late in their career then they're just dense.

I don't think the expectation is CR7 tier off the ball movement. Messi has the best pure footballing attributes but his physical attributes are no longer good enough to impose the gameplay he once used to. He should just add more variety or improvise when he can. Zidane 06 and Maradona 86 (obviously) are great examples of this.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It is the way football works.

If you are seen as best in world and playing likes of Iceland but fail it will get scrutinised more than anyone else as it does with Ronaldo and anyone else.

Lel, I didn't see anyone talking shit when Portugal drew Iceland 1-1 in the Euro opener and Ronaldo was even worse.

Don't act like Ronaldo gets scrutinized to even near the same level as Messi. The idea that Ronaldo is the "big game god" and Messi is a "big game choker" comes entirely from the fact that Leo is 10x more scrutinized in his performances.

Horatio

You're welcome
Didn't Portugal play their first group game against Iceland in Euro Cup, equalized and Ronaldo missed a penalty as well? Seems Argentina is going to adopt the Portugal road to victory.

eaman

Penalty kicked very bad, he felt the pressure, instead of getting exited and having cold blood (like CR) in these situations.
I hope that this missed penalty doesn't cost the qualification in the 1/8.
The match was ok, not easy for ARG (and any team) to play vs Iceland (11 defenders). In these matches you have to be clinical.

Didn't Ronaldo miss an important one in the euros group stage. Ronaldo has only got this super confidence after their lucky euros win or maybe it's an age thing.

M

MessiCam

I mean in big tournaments like CL or WC he can't keep just running 8kms per match. Every other player except the GK runs more than him.

Run where? He is the driving force of both Barcelona and Argentina due to their midfields. If he runs who takes on the responsibility of actually getting the game going forward?

JamDav1982

That’s where he has been deployed. And all areas are congested when facing a parked bus that is that organised. There was no space for any Argentina player other than Mascherano who was the deepest lying...

The crap that gets spewed on this forum is sometimes mind blowing. Yes, Messi was poor especially in terms of his decision making and a shocker of a penalty but stuff like mentally weak, not motivated etc etc is nothing but pure and utter horse shit of the magnificent kind.

He is deployed there as he wont play in a way to cover another position.

Messi had other situations today when had space and driving at them and couldnt really do much but slow down and pass ball as I said.

Agree too much over reaction and his WC is far from over.

snowy

The fuck with 80% of posts on this page coming from closet madridistas and penaldo's dick slurpers :lol:

Missing a penalty doesn't equate to choking. He played a % shot and the keeper saved it. That's it. He didn't collapse after that. In fact, he picked it up a notch. To all u plastic fucktards questioning Messi's mental strength and resilience, take a good look at yourselves, having a meltdown just because he didn't switch to GOAT mode.

You talk of choking but looks like it's you guys choking on CR's shlong. :whistle:

ebc_99

Lel, I didn't see anyone talking shit when Portugal drew Iceland 1-1 in the Euro opener and Ronaldo was even worse.

Don't act like Ronaldo gets scrutinized to even near the same level as Messi. The idea that Ronaldo is the "big game god" and Messi is a "big game choker" comes entirely from the fact that Leo is 10x more scrutinized in his performances.

And the sad thing is, a lot of it comes from Barca fans.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Didn't Portugal play their first group game against Iceland in Euro Cup, equalized and Ronaldo missed a penalty as well? Seems Argentina is going to adopt the Portugal road to victory.

All we need is some voodoo magic. Argentina needs to hire Zidane.

Home of Barca Fans