10 - Lionel Messi - v5

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The fuck with 80% of posts on this page coming from closet madridistas and penaldo's dick slurpers :lol:

Missing a penalty doesn't equate to choking. He played a % shot and the keeper saved it. That's it. He didn't collapse after that. In fact, he picked it up a notch. To all u plastic fucktards questioning Messi's mental strength and resilience, take a good look at yourselves, having a meltdown just because he didn't switch to GOAT mode.

You talk of choking but looks like it's you guys choking on CR's shlong. :whistle:

definitely started playing worse after the penalty, made bad decisions on the break and his through ball attempts were awful. Rewatch the game.

KingLeo10

If he runs he's easier to find for his teammates.

do we know the exact km run by him today? it's only 2 more games (unless they proceed), it's unacceptable for him to run less than 10 km in the remaining games. i'm not saying it's a lack of effort on his part, he clearly cares. But you have to leave 100% on the field at this sort of stage.

M

MessiCam

He is deployed there as he wont play in a way to cover another position.

Messi had other situations today when had space and driving at them and couldnt really do much but slow down and pass ball as I said.

Agree too much over reaction and his WC is far from over.
Yes I agree about the driving and he made poor decisions in those instances but damn you’d swear he put in a performance like Suarez yesterday the way things are going here.

Where would like him to play? He can’t play on the wings because he has a natural tendency to drift centrally and is weak defensively. People feel he is better with a striker ahead of him (which is about the dumbest thing I’ve heard) meaning he ends up in the zones he is at today.

So where exactly should he play where he can run as some want him to?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
do we know the exact km run by him today? it's only 2 more games (unless they proceed), it's unacceptable for him to run less than 10 km in the remaining games. i'm not saying it's a lack of effort on his part, he clearly cares. But you have to leave 100% on the field at this sort of stage.

I don't think he has ever run 10km in a game since Pep's Barca.

booge

It was pretty bad when he went on to his right foot and the replay showed his technique on the right foot and how much he missed by.

One thing I did notice was the Argentina team has got some fighting spirit.

They really have got balls. Maybe not brains but plenty of balls. I think you must have that sort of resolve to get to so many finals.

JamDav1982

Yes I agree about the driving and he made poor decisions in those instances but damn you’d swear he put in a performance like Suarez yesterday the way things are going here.

Where would like him to play? He can’t play on the wings because he has a natural tendency to drift centrally and is weak defensively. People feel he is better with a striker ahead of him (which is about the dumbest thing I’ve heard) meaning he ends up in the zones he is at today.

So where exactly should he play where he can run as some want him to?

No idea where others want him to play.

It is not about playing another position so he can run around a lot more as he wont no matter where he plays.

blaugrana1987

Didnt play that badly, his penalties are shit though. Absolute shit. Score that, and score that one which missed post by 5cm and you have great game.

Felipetonelo

The thing that worries me more about Messi is the fact that he shows no sign of "trying to improve". When he was undisputed the best player, it was ok to not make himself better. But right now he's just the same player, doing the same things over and over.

This stamina issue has been discussed a lot and it's impossible that Messi can't improve in this aspect. I'm studying wellness in university and there are a lot of researches about physical stuff in football. It's normal to have a physical downgrade over the years but it's impossible that Messi is the only player that looks like an old guy. Every day a new method to increase stamina, acceleration, explosiveness, intensity are discovered. But no, in Messi's case it's the same "he can't run because he will get injured bla bla bla bla".

How about going to the gym more often? Build more muscles? Muscle resistance is something that can be improved with anyone, from kids to old people.

Messi can't expect to do the same damn thing and get new results. Right now he is in his safe zone, too relaxed. Do something new, motivate yourself, make yourself better.

Home of Barca Fans