10 - Lionel Messi - v5

JamDav1982

Exactly. And Giroud is great at breaking the bus. My point is, Messi plays completely different position to that of Ronaldo. Like comparing Maradona and Gerd Muller.

Play with Giroud and teams will play a high line so dont have to face them so much.

They play different positions but nothing like comparing Maradona and Muller.

Sorin

Don't see how they won't win it.

Iceland is a team. Croatia is not.

So, a draw? Iceland is a team but lower individual quality and Croatia is the opposite. No seriously, I can't see Argentina win if they put the same performance as today. Sure, Messi goes god mode or Aguero bags in 3 goals and they beat you. Slim chances that happens though.

TitoTata

Banned
Play with Giroud and teams will play a high line so dont have to face them so much.

They play different positions but nothing like comparing Maradona and Muller.

I'm sick of reading and hearing how Maradona won the World Cup singlehanded yet they forget how great Mario Kempes was and how many crucial goals he scored

M

MessiCam

You just can't park the bus well vs. Real or Portugal. They are crossing first teams. For Real we all know, with Portugal it's the same. They've scored most of their goals via crosses to Ronaldo and Andre Silva.

Parking the bus is, on the other hand, good tactics to stop teams built around Messi. As we know.
Says who. Tottenham did it. The reason teams don’t do it is because it’s not necessary. Madrid are prepared to give up possession and at worst face a medium block. Tottenham gave them a deep block and they were clueless.

Joan

So, a draw? Iceland is a team but lower individual quality and Croatia is the opposite. No seriously, I can't see Argentina win if they put the same performance as today. Sure, Messi goes god mode or Aguero bags in 3 goals and they beat you. Slim chances that happens though.

Wanna bet? :lol:

JamDav1982

Says who. Tottenham did it. The reason teams don’t do it is because it’s not necessary. Madrid are prepared to give up possession and at worst face a medium block. Tottenham gave them a deep block and they were clueless.

Just like Roma played with high line and Barca were clueless.

Teams still sit the vast majority of time deep v Barca and Real but Barcas style allows for it more and Real are more dangerous to do it against.

Wambo

If Ronaldo reaches the semis and has the most goals in the tournament, with Argentina getting knocked out , he will win Ballond'or for sure.

Sorin

Mario kempes was on the beach sipping margaritas in 86. Though the point still stands. Maradonna didn't do it alone. It's a team game and no one does it alone. He had a fantastic tournament. His hand of god wouldn't stand today though.

Home of Barca Fans