10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Horatio

You're welcome
Ronaldo wins? With 2 headers (1 that wouldn't count without VAR, legit barely an inch over the line in mid air), and a penalty. Sorry but I don't think so. Ronaldo's performance was overrated. Messi showed balls of steel, 5 star vision, and beautiful dribble goal. It might have been a hat trick against Atletico, but it is a very average hat trick.

Var wasnt involved with the second goal, it was goal line technology.

Andresito

Staff member
lG0YNBm.jpg

Can someone tell me why Sané has assists and Messi has offsides (lol) presented here?

EdmondDantes

2 goals, 2 assists. And it's scary to think Messi could have played even better last night. He should have scored at least 4.

I liked seeing him working off the ball last night. His pressing in the first half won us possession a fair bit.

Giginho75

Alien!

Despite, to be honest, yesterday he lost and played badly some balls...

His greatness is that he is always "in the game" with a pass/assist/launch.

eaman

Messi was really good tonight, not goat level, but he looked like himself. But you cant compare The match performances.
When the team plays good, messi does as well. All ronaldo needs to be decisive are some crosses and he will Bang one, and The bigger The game, The more fired up he seems.

I miss immature messi who didnt want a medal because he was left out in Chl finale. Or pep-messi. Youtube could see how much he cared back then. He is a family man and I respectrl that, actually im really happy for him, but it also seems like the love for the game has faded a bit. But thats life.

And once again, fuck Argentina! Im certain that shit country with their good for nothing football union and fans, have sucked his love for football out of him.

You're getting confused with playing well and just scoring. There have been plenty of games over the years where Ronaldo hasn't played well but managed to score a couple whereas Messi nearly always plays well as well as scores. If Ronaldo doesn't score it means he has usually not done very much in a game whereas Messi has had games without scoring but he will give assists or create a few chances from nothing or just play well in general. It's another reason Messi is the goat

MTL_Barca

lG0YNBm.jpg

Can someone tell me why Sané has assists and Messi has offsides (lol) presented here?

Probably because Sané and Mané are listed as midfielders (pass accuracy & assists) while Messi and Ronaldo are forwards (shots on target & offsides). I guess there are stats missing because Mané didn't give an assist and Ronaldo wasn't offside so they were just left out?

Weird clusterfuck of stats tbh :lol:

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Even when not at his fully best he is head and shoulders above any other player in the world. No point in even comparing him with the tap-in merchant.

It was thanks to him that we escaped those dreadful 15-20 minutes right after Lyon's goal (that should have been disallowed) unharmed.

Fantastic to see him give it all. That defensive contribution was amazing and him chasing opponents in both halves. A Messi this hungry and eager to prove himself is the most scary prospect out there even at his age. If the reminder of the team will do their job and we will witness this version of Messi for the reminder of the CL, we should be big favorites to win it IMO.

Home of Barca Fans