10 - Lionel Messi - V6

KingLeo10

Probably because Sané and Mané are listed as midfielders (pass accuracy & assists) while Messi and Ronaldo are forwards (shots on target & offsides). I guess there are stats missing because Mané didn't give an assist and Ronaldo wasn't offside so they were just left out?

Weird clusterfuck of stats tbh :lol:

it was impossible for CR7 to be offside. all of atletico sat back 5-10 m from their goal the whole game. :lol:

KingLeo10

Even when not at his fully best he is head and shoulders above any other player in the world. No point in even comparing him with the tap-in merchant.

It was thanks to him that we escaped those dreadful 15-20 minutes right after Lyon's goal (that should have been disallowed) unharmed.

Fantastic to see him give it all. That defensive contribution was amazing and him chasing opponents in both halves. A Messi this hungry and eager to prove himself is the most scary prospect out there even at his age. If the reminder of the team will do their job and we will witness this version of Messi for the reminder of the CL, we should be big favorites to win it IMO.

final form messi is the one we saw in the Bayern tie of 2015. 2 solo goals and assist at Camp Nou, created both goals at the Allianz.

if neymar and suarez had their shooting boots in the Camp Nou leg, Messi would have had 4 assists.

I hope he saves this one for the final if we get there. :messi1:

Leo_Messi

final form messi is the one we saw in the Bayern tie of 2015. 2 solo goals and assist at Camp Nou, created both goals at the Allianz.

if neymar and suarez had their shooting boots in the Camp Nou leg, Messi would have had 4 assists.

I hope he saves this one for the final if we get there. :messi1:

Don't really care about the Messi-C. Ronaldo "rivalry" and comparisons but I can't stand hearing people with zero football knowledge and zero understanding of the game (most "football fans" nowadays due to the game being more global than ever) who judge players based on Youtube videos and statistics and can't see the obvious thing which is that Messi is twice the player if that can do it. How can any sane person compare a player like Messi that is the better goalscorer (Ronaldo's by far strongest trait, nowadays he lives on the service of others as he can barely create anything on his own), by far better passer and by far better distributor. Let alone the better individual talent. Better individual statistics and a better trophy cabinet. ALL while being almost 3 years younger.

It's insane to me. Like comparing Michael Jordan with say Kobe Bryant although the latter is my favorite basketball player of all-time. Just insane. The CR7 wanking on his forum from the pathetic lot is even more pathetic given the nature of this forum and the fact that the same users are always belittling Messi of all people. Now he hopefully shut them up for a while.

That is not even mentioning the fact that giving the ball to Messi is basically our sole "tactic" under Valverde. C. Ronaldo just has to stand in the penalty box looking for headers or easy tap ins or penalty kicks. Creating jackshit otherwise.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

How can any sane person compare a player like Messi that is the better goalscorer (Ronaldo's by far strongest trait, nowadays he lives on the service of others as he can barely create anything on his own)

It's actually funny how true this part is and so many people don't even realise, mostly casual fans who watch the odd game, youtube highlights or check results online.

Messi is currently ONLY 29 goals behind Ronaldo in exactly 150 LESS games, while being 3 years younger.

http://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

Leo_Messi

It's actually funny how true this part is and so many people don't even realise, mostly casual fans who watch the odd game, youtube highlights or check results online.

Messi is currently ONLY 29 goals behind Ronaldo in exactly 150 LESS games, while being 3 years younger.

http://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

Exactly. You hear this lie being repeated nonstop. When people are discussing what Ronaldo does better it is usually (mostly) the goalscoring that is highlighted. However even that is inaccurate by a wide margin. It's funny because the only reason why this comparison even exists in the first place is due to C. Ronaldo having somewhat of a similar goalscoring output as Messi and likewise having a very impressive trophy cabinet. However being a comparable goalscorer to Messi (yet inferior) does not mean that you are anywhere near as good a player. In such a case Gerd Müller should be the GOAT yet no sane person considers him that. Cruyff was rated more highly for a reason during the 1970's despite never winning a World Cup or EURO as Müller did.

That is where the comparison should stop as people knowledgeable about football do not need to look at stats to figure out who the superior player and talent is. Just watching them play week in and week out should suffice.

Exact same thing about their CL stats. Messi scores more goals per game and minutes played. Messi has only scored 16 goals less (despite RM playing many more CL games than us in recent seasons due to being better in the CL than us) while having played 29 CL games less in his career.

Messi scores 0.82 goals per match in the CL. C. Ronaldo 0.78 goals per match. Now people can do the math if Messi had played as many CL games as C. Ronaldo (29 more). He would have scored (based on stats alone) more goals than C. Ronaldo.

Then you add this nonsense narrative of Messi not being a big game player ( :lol: ) despite owning the El Clásico (biggest club game in the world) and head to head games against the same C. Ronaldo. The same C. Ronaldo that has showed nothing in 2/3 of his 6 major finals in his career. Make that 5/7 if we include his EURO loss in 2004.

Just insane what repeated lies and insane narratives can create of mainstream opinions and even more insane that you need to read the same nonsense and lies on a freaking Barça forum.:facepalm:

Last edited:

viper76

Yesterday the English media ( BBC;Sky;BT) kept talking about CR hattrick all day and how he's a big game player yet today nothing said about Messi .

Pepe Silvia

Yesterday the English media ( BBC;Sky;BT) kept talking about CR hattrick all day and how he's a big game player yet today nothing said about Messi .
who cares? Messi owns the premier league top 5 teams and he doesn't even play there. they are bitter my friend.

Raketa10

Who cares about that? Messi showed once again yesterday who is the GOAT so why would anyone bother with English media?

Havesaks

You are seeing ghosts :lol:

Why does everything has to do with Ronaldo when it comes to Messi, get a grip.

Well it was with a blink in my I eye when i wrote it, it still amazes me why someone would put 1 offside over 2 assists in the description, when its about voting for the best performance and providing 2 assists as an OM/attacking player is pretty relevant to showcast his contribution.

Home of Barca Fans