10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Givenchy

No longer have high hopes for Messi's remaining career. His chance to add more CL trophies and international football glory is probably done. Should have left Barça when Xavi left or a season later.

same here but for once i don't want the 'buy experienced players for one last assault for Messi' i want us to think about the damn future post-Messi

Arizona Scott

CL pretty always needs a little luck

Look at it nest year. let's say each front runner, City, Liverpool and Barca, have at best 25%. That would leave 25% for all the rest--Spurs, Madrid, Juv, PSG, Bayern.

I still think Barca is a co-favorite, but there will be 2 other great teams and a few good ones.

We will have a chance, just like this year, last year, year before and year before that, remember every year in a decade but Juv year we were out on a single goal. The nature of the CL--Madrid was good during their 3 peat (maybe outstanding their middle win but not even the best in Spain the other 2) but more so, they were very, very, lucky.

tacticvarium

same here but for once i don't want the 'buy experienced players for one last assault for Messi' i want us to think about the damn future post-Messi

Real is being smart in that sense. Already one or two steps ahead of us in terms of preparing for the future.

Arizona Scott

Real is being smart in that sense. Already one or two steps ahead of us in terms of preparing for the future.

While having a big fat zero for accomplishments this year and getting knocked out by a Dutch side? How many titles do they have the last decade? I wouldn't trade the recent history, next's year outlook or intermediate future with theirs.

eaman

I'm afraid the story is not as clear as some.poeple think.
The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards believing that Barcelona has made Messi more the player he is that he has made Barcelona. I think looking at Argentina would be a great example of that.
Now, I don't blame Messi for this. And from a marketing perspective, I don't think we can blame the board either
I mean, if you have a player that causes millions of fans to follow the team and become fans, why would you stop that?

On the other hand, we have gotten to the point where we have tried time and time again to rely on a single player that we haven't been capable.of seeing that Messi shinning is not the same as Barca shining.
For a while we have build an entire team around a single player and the results show that that's probably not the way to go.
The best Messi years was when Barca already had a great and balanced team and Messi just came I to the picture, not the other way around.

So our assumption was that building a team around Messi would.make Barca stronger, but maybe we failed to do just that or we did just that but it just never worked out

Im still trying to make sense of how we can get out of a situation that's not the worst case scenario, but will deff bring more pressure as the years go by and we fail to win the CL.
Not winning the CL could be a threat to Barca as a club

Don't be one of those people who brings how players play with their national teams compared to clubs to try and prove something. No player is as good for their country as their club but a few help their country more than most and Messi is one of the few. A world cup final and 3 copa finals and also getting his country to the world cup when they struggled without him

sickstar

imo the main issue with Messi these days is the position we play him in (or you could say he decides to play in) no matter how great he is, football is a team game and depending 100% on a 30+ year old with poor stamina vs a team like Liverpool is asking for trouble. Messi is basically, on paper atleast, playing RW which ends up being a false-'RW' as he drifts into the middle and i don't mean cutting inside either. its not only gimping Dembele by forcing him to play at LW.. it also fucks our entire right side as nobody tracks back.

we got into this situation by hiring shit managers who gave Messi more and more control. i think the entire club need to take a look at themselves and realize how pathetic they are in his absence. we've spent so much money yet still we are FC Messi.

I say we should think more wisely.
What is the score in the 1st leg? 3-0
2nd leg 0-4
Whats the difference? Liverpool missing key players.

So what made us lost?
1. Strategy (EV not quick in reading opponents strategy at halfway)
2. Mental (boos from anfield is always so loud)

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Not a word from our captain... big reason Ramos not Ronaldo was the captain at Madrid....
What do you want him to say? Got to pick his words wisely, something the other players who did say something so far didn’t do. The silence speaks for itself in this case. I don’t even think he needs to say something. We all just want this season to end.

soul24rage

I'm not sure what he can say seeing that we've been knocked out in the exact humiliating manner 2 times in a row.

In any case, he'll probably say something after the Gamper match after some time has passed.

raskolnikov

What can he say though?
Lets run trough the list of cliches after a lost:
- we were unlucky
- we put in a good effort but didnt finish our chances
- we need to look into the mirror
- we dont know what went wrong
- we still can win a double
- we need support for the copa
- we need to work harder
- its the players fault not the trainer
- we played like schoolboys, we need to be more intense
- we keep fighting next year
- no easy games at this level

Feel free to add to it.

I do t blame Messi though. Atleast not for his performance on the pitch.
If he does help Valverde stay because its more conefortable that way for him and his friends that is a problem. But we need to wait for that.

Centauri B

What can he say though?
Lets run trough the list of cliches after a lost:
- we were unlucky
- we put in a good effort but didnt finish our chances
- we need to look into the mirror
- we dont know what went wrong
- we still can win a double
- we need support for the copa
- we need to work harder
- its the players fault not the trainer
- we played like schoolboys, we need to be more intense
- we keep fighting next year
- no easy games at this level

Feel free to add to it.

I do t blame Messi though. Atleast not for his performance on the pitch.
If he does help Valverde stay because its more conefortable that way for him and his friends that is a problem. But we need to wait for that.

- it just wasn't our night
- loss of concentration
- we all made individual mistakes
- we went in with the wrong mentality
- we lacked character
- we lost our identity
- we lost our Barca DNA

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Exactly. And whatever our players say, fans will rightly counter them by bringing up what happened last season. That’s why they should just shut the fuck up. We all know that there are no excuses for being humiliated like that this time around. The silence after the defeat says it all. Fans want to see changes being made, not listen to a selfish scumbag like Suarez, who should’ve left last summer or even the one before, implying that we should give Valverde another go so that he can keep playing every fucking game.

Last edited:

Neymessi

We can blame Higuain and the rest of the Argentine shit for being shit but our own players' are as much as chokers as they are.

Home of Barca Fans