10 - Lionel Messi - V6

fergus90

The humiliating cl exits throw shade on our whole campaign in la liga.
On paper its a very good season resultwise but with our play and terrible performance in mind it still feels like a failure.
Add in Real winning three in a row and we could end up obsessed with cl like they were when they cased la decima or psg/juve.

Don't get me wrong I'm furious about the CL, biggest chance to win it and we blew it. I'm just saying I'm glad we do have the league as a silver lining to the humiliation and insufferable management.

Mitchell1978

Why should he apologise for doing more then enough to get barça to the final, for having another phenomenal season....

spoiled fans should be thanking him he has choosen to remain loyal to barça

FCB1987

Banned
I'm more worried about the scenario of Messi totally fine with Valverde confirmed, I mean what the fuck should happen to understand that he's not the right manager for this team? He's fine to see his last years of his career wasted and destroyed by this cretin? Messi as greatest player and captain has the authority to push Valverde out of this club , we know how these things work, no need to say something, if Messi wants Valverde out Valverde will be sacked, if he stays it means Messi is fine with that, this would be extremely disappointing.

This

If the senior players are pushing for Valverde to stay, then they deserve all the criticism they get. If being comfortable and keeping his friends happy is more important than winning, then I'm done feeling bad for Messi over our exit or thinking he deserves better.

Lol this is the most retarded post i Saw here on this fórum, completely clueless about football. Look how many trophies Barça had before Messi and after Messi. The only thing right that you wrote on that text was that Messi should not be the captain of the team, he dont have the personality to be, and thats ok he needs to play football not commanding men, he is better without that extra pressure
I remember very clearly that it was Ronaldinho who actually changed Barcelona forever before Messi even came into the picture. He was so popular that many ppl started following Barca since his arrival to the club.
Then Barca built an amazing team with amazing players and became more competitive in la liga and Europe.
I remember Madrid used to beat us all the time and then Ronaldinho came along and we started giving Madrid a hard time.
That was the same team that won a champion league beating arsenAl in the final.
Barcelona became so popular and then more income started coming in.
Then it was easier to buy more quality players.
And then Pep Guardiola came a long and got rid of the old players who couldn't win anymore.
But then you had puyol, xavi, iniesta, David Alves, etoo, etc.
Messi is good, but I'm afraid we have become so concerned with making HIM happy that we have forgotten what a real team really looks like.
The reason we are where we are today is b.c we are Messi dependent, just like Argentina.
We have become Argentina

I'm not saying Messi is the problem
I'm saying the system and the way the managers and teammates perceive football had become a problem
I've seen so many instances where Jordi Alba, Suarez, dembele, etc are more concerned with finding Messi and giving the ball to him than taking g their own chances.
Why?
B.c they believe that
1) only Messi can do this
Or
2) " I must pass it to Messi cause that's what everyone does"
3) " if I don't pass it to Messi, he might get upset"

So once Messi is shut down from a game, there is brain blockage b.c they are looking for Messi even though they should be trying to create their own chances since Messi is being crowded by too many players from the opposite team.

We need a new culture of football
Someone who doesn't see Messi as a player who needs special favors, but simply as another player on the pitch that's part of the whole.

Cule4life

The Culest
If he wants Valgreen to stay, then he's as much to blame for our plight as the leeches Suarez and Rakitic and deserves to not win the CL again and tarnish his legacy.

If he doesn't want him to stay, he needs to make one indirect statement in the press and Valmierda will be gone. But he ain't doing anything is he? Being a silent spectator as the club is ruined is unworthy of a captain and club icon.

MessiTBE

Banned
I am so nervous for the copa America.

This is probably worst Argentine team I have seen for many many years. He always gets the blame here with the national team, always.

Cule4life

The Culest
I am so nervous for the copa America.

This is probably worst Argentine team I have seen for many many years. He always gets the blame here with the national team, always.

Why so nervous? Argentina ain't winning jack shit with the team they have.

Just accept Messi ain't gonna win a national team trophy and probably another CL with the ongoing circus at Barca.

sickstar

Why should he apologise for doing more then enough to get barça to the final, for having another phenomenal season....

This, of course, shouldn't needed if there was no speech at start of the season. Personally, i think messi should do it. Eventhough, perhaps, majority of cules, regulars, who watched the team day in day out, already have a better understanding than us here already. When is the time? It is him that should know better.

I'm still shocked now, yes we have a better achievement than last year, but the way we out is even more tragic. Can you imagine, one single goal could deliver a potential perfect season.

Givenchy

Messi has nothing to apologize for. in the past and last season i was critical of him but this year? he stepped it up a level and the useless sacks of shit around him ruined what could of been one of his best seasons. Barca always comes first but this time i really do feel bad for Leo.. the first leg vs Liverpool he bailed us out in typical Messi style, in the 2nd he set up enough chances for that away goal but these clowns hes surrounded by managed to fuck each and every one of them up.

Alik

Messi has nothing to apologize for. in the past and last season i was critical of him but this year? he stepped it up a level and the useless sacks of shit around him ruined what could of been one of his best seasons. Barca always comes first but this time i really do feel bad for Leo.. the first leg vs Liverpool he bailed us out in typical Messi style, in the 2nd he set up enough chances for that away goal but these clowns hes surrounded by managed to fuck each and every one of them up.

He should apologize on behalf of the team as it's captain, even though he has individually been amazing.

He also "promised" the CL this season, so some words are to be expected.

Neymessi

Yeah, why are people getting nervous for Copa? Argie ain't winning shit.

In fact, I am nervous that they should not reach the final because then I don't want to hope at all.

ebc_99

This

If the senior players are pushing for Valverde to stay, then they deserve all the criticism they get. If being comfortable and keeping his friends happy is more important than winning, then I'm done feeling bad for Messi over our exit or thinking he deserves better.

What is wrong with you people lol. Who says Messi wants Valverde to stay, it is all media talk right now, nobody knows anything. Messi is just a player, people forget that, it is up to the board to decide the manager not Leo. Barca's lack of European success recently has nothing to do with Messi, he is the one making us competitive.

raedkuwait

What is wrong with you people lol. Who says Messi wants Valverde to stay, it is all media talk right now, nobody knows anything. Messi is just a player, people forget that, it is up to the board to decide the manager not Leo. Barca's lack of European success recently has nothing to do with Messi, he is the one making us competitive.
mmmmm, i think you fail to recognize the power that messi has, if he just mention or hint that
he might leave if fuckface stay as manager, guess who will they want to keep?!!
messi has more power than u think and messi is not just a player, but as other have said, if EV stays on
then i will stop feeling sorry ever after and even care about him, as he is the one who has brought this shit
on himself , and it shows that messi care more about having his friends players around him more than barca
and winning CL.

Home of Barca Fans