10 - Lionel Messi - V6

KingLeo10

We can blame Higuain and the rest of the Argentine shit for being shit but our own players' are as much as chokers as they are.

that's why some of them have 30 trophies. :lol: they're lazy divas and utterly complacent with leads, not chokers. and the manager is more to blame than the players combined. it's literally his job to make sure Roma doesn't happen again, and it did because of his lineup.

FatSuarez

What can he say though?
Lets run trough the list of cliches after a lost:
- we were unlucky
- we put in a good effort but didnt finish our chances
- we need to look into the mirror
- we dont know what went wrong
- we still can win a double
- we need support for the copa
- we need to work harder
- its the players fault not the trainer
- we played like schoolboys, we need to be more intense
- we keep fighting next year
- no easy games at this level

Feel free to add to it.

I do t blame Messi though. Atleast not for his performance on the pitch.
If he does help Valverde stay because its more conefortable that way for him and his friends that is a problem. But we need to wait for that.

If I did my job, we would be in the final.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What can he say though?
Lets run trough the list of cliches after a lost:
- we were unlucky
- we put in a good effort but didnt finish our chances
- we need to look into the mirror
- we dont know what went wrong
- we still can win a double
- we need support for the copa
- we need to work harder
- its the players fault not the trainer
- we played like schoolboys, we need to be more intense
- we keep fighting next year
- no easy games at this level

Feel free to add to it.

I do t blame Messi though. Atleast not for his performance on the pitch.
If he does help Valverde stay because its more conefortable that way for him and his friends that is a problem. But we need to wait for that.

He doesn't need to offer any analysis as to why we blew a 3:0 lead, as the captain he should simply apologize to the fans on behalf of the team, period.

Devils

Captains should always address issues in the team and provide fans with a voice from the locker-room.

He hasn’t done that and it reflects poorly on this captain status.

KingLeo10

He's not captain material. We haven't had a true captain material since Puyol left.

Xavi, Iniesta, Messi are great players. Just not a wall of character which captains should be.

soul24rage

If he's going to apologize, I hope he does it after the Getafe game in front of the fans in the Camp Nou and not say it in Instagram or Twitter.

serghei

Captains should always address issues in the team and provide fans with a voice from the locker-room.

He hasn’t done that and it reflects poorly on this captain status.

He's only a captain by name and seniority. Not always the best players should be captains.

sickstar

Looking at ucl 2015 final:

Ter stegen

Alves (now sergi) pique mascherano (now lenglet) alba

Rakitic Busquets Iniesta (now Vidal)

Neymar (now coutinho) suarez messi

By now is the 2nd leg anfield starters, of course.

You could argue about different opponent. One can say current liverpool is even stronger than 2015 juve. I say if it's only one match at neutral stadium, the match would lean more towards 3-0 result than 0-4. Why? Our away mentality.

Second, age. There are only 4 changes in the formation within this 4 years gap. Coutinho and Neymar are about on the same age, even. The rest of the players are the same player,hence the same quality, yet 4 years older. One could argue some players may be better today than 2015, but you can say it in opposite to several others.

Still it cannot explain and it will never be able to explain how such anticlimatic ever exist in football. How 4-1 could be 0-3, how 3-0 could ve 0-4. How weak our mentality at away games. Did we play xavi from the beginning during semifinals against bayern? I have to check it again. Because like the other man said, he was the last captain material barca had.

Pedro

La Masia
There have been worse times for Leo like always getting knocked out to Atletico in the CL quarter finals and not even winning the league, need to stay positive, we've won 2 leagues in a row and had 1 foot in the CL final after being 3-0 up. hopefully a hat-trick of leagues next season and the CL. If anyone needs to be blamed it's the defence and mid, shocking defending on all the goals, and could've conceeded 4 the camp nou too if it wasn't for poor finishing from Liverpool

Last edited:

Hardy

I'm more worried about the scenario of Messi totally fine with Valverde confirmed, I mean what the fuck should happen to understand that he's not the right manager for this team? He's fine to see his last years of his career wasted and destroyed by this cretin? Messi as greatest player and captain has the authority to push Valverde out of this club , we know how these things work, no need to say something, if Messi wants Valverde out Valverde will be sacked, if he stays it means Messi is fine with that, this would be extremely disappointing.

Messigician

To be fair to Leo, he will still win the Ballon D'or and golden boot under EV. UCL semis and double is usually a good season. It's the circumstances behind the exit that are painful

fergus90

There have been worse times for Leo like always getting knocked out to Atletico in the CL quarter finals and not even winning the league, need to stay positive, we've won 2 leagues in a row and had 1 foot in the CL final after being 3-0 up. hopefully a hat-trick of leagues next season and the CL. If anyone needs to be blamed it's the defence and mid, shocking defending on all the goals, and could've conceeded 4 the camp nou too if it wasn't for poor finishing from Liverpool

In terms of getting thrashed in Europe, the last 3 years have been worse than the two close Atletico eliminations by a long shot. Although I agree about the winning the league part which has now been taken for granted.

raskolnikov

In terms of getting thrashed in Europe, the last 3 years have been worse than the two close Atletico eliminations by a long shot. Although I agree about the winning the league part which has now been taken for granted.

The humiliating cl exits throw shade on our whole campaign in la liga.
On paper its a very good season resultwise but with our play and terrible performance in mind it still feels like a failure.
Add in Real winning three in a row and we could end up obsessed with cl like they were when they cased la decima or psg/juve.

Home of Barca Fans