10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Judoman

Legacy bla bla bla bla

Legacy talk is reserved for fans, pundits and insecure athletes. Individual trophies in teams sports are nothing more than a marketing scam.

Ripsta

Legacy bla bla bla bla

Legacy talk is reserved for fans, pundits and insecure athletes. Individual trophies in teams sports are nothing more than a marketing scam.

Messi deserves better. In 2015 he was destined to be the unquestionable best ever. So much has happened since then, Messi has gotten even better yet the shit show around him for both Barca and Argentina has evaported that chance, this season should have been a third treble in ten years... then Valverde happened.

Judoman

Messi deserves better. In 2015 he was destined to be the unquestionable best ever. So much has happened since then, Messi has gotten even better yet the shit show around him for both Barca and Argentina has evaported that chance, this season should have been a third treble in ten years... then Valverde happened.

So somehow,there was a point where he wasn t unquestionably one of the best ever anymore?:lol:

He became better (agreed), but somehow he is not one of the best players ever? Does logic exist in the legacy debates?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
If he doesn't care about his legacy by accepting mediocrity in the team whether it be the coach, Suarez or Coutinho then that's on him as well. He is the player with probably the most power in club football ever and he uses it to keep his friends at the club.

Ripsta

So somehow,there was a point where he wasn t unquestionably one of the best ever anymore?:lol:

He became better (agreed), but somehow he is not one of the best players ever? Does logic exist in the legacy debates?

I said destined. Key word mate.

Mitchell1978

WHAT THE FUCK! I got a fucking warning for this

"In the end, Messi's loyalty will (or already has) ultimately cost him the legacy of being the absolute GOAT. "

I am NOT being a fucking troll, i'm a massively frustrated fan.

with your negative and defeatist attitude there's very little difference between you and someone who is actually trolling, both annoying as fuck

Pedro

La Masia
[tw]1134661848190595072[/tw]

The fact that he's considering 2022 at least is good and he didn't retire after the disatrous 2018 world cup. Let's hope Leo is fit for the 2022 World Cup and Leads The Albiceleste to glory in Qatar.

booge

[tw]1134661848190595072[/tw]

The fact that he's considering 2022 at least is good and he didn't retire after the disatrous 2018 world cup. Let's hope Leo is fit for the 2022 World Cup and Leads The Albiceleste to glory in Qatar.

hope he ages like federer. decent enough physically and one step ahead in the mind. no one will touch him if his genetically age like federer,

michelco

he barely ever had then stamina to run for 90 mins, what makes you think he's gonna age like a golden god? are you saying he has not even begun to peak yet?

1-Dennis-1050x646.jpg

Ritchie

"In the end, Messi's loyalty will (or already has) ultimately cost him the legacy of being the absolute GOAT. "

The way the club are going from board to managament is a joke, no one wants Valverde here and in two years he's cost the Club two of the most embarassing results in European Cup history. Messi's remaining years are going to be under this clown because he's so loyal.

He's probably the most talented individual footballer ever, but if he stays in the current situaton he IS doing his legacy more harm than good from an outside perspective. Just look at the yearning for Van Dijk to get the Ballon d'Or this year despite quite clearly being a million miles behind Messi this year. In fact, look at all the shit he's got in recent years because of the Clubs failings and what Real have done in Europe too.

It's a fucking travesty.

The travesty with his club career is that he'll end up with a couple less Champions League titles than he should have had but then Maradona didn't even win any or get close to winning one (although he didn't really play much in it). Pele never even played in Europe. Few players have won more CL but Ronaldo is one which is a travesty given it was 4-2 Messi 3-4 years ago.

Messi should have had a third treble this season which would have put the cap on his club career. His iconic 600th Barca goal should have been the one to put Barca in the final, instead the tie goes down as a bottle job that'll cost him another ballon d'or.

What hurts his legacy though is his international career which will go down as a flop if he doesn't at least win a Copa for a hopeless Argentina (as likely as another CL for an increasingly hopeless Barcelona). He's still done enough in his club career.

Last edited:

The way the club are going from board to managament is a joke, no one wants Valverde here and in two years he's cost the Club two of the most embarassing results in European Cup history. Messi's remaining years are going to be under this clown because he's so loyal.

He's probably the most talented individual footballer ever, but if he stays in the current situaton he IS doing his legacy more harm than good from an outside perspective. Just look at the yearning for Van Dijk to get the Ballon d'Or this year despite quite clearly being a million miles behind Messi this year. In fact, look at all the shit he's got in recent years because of the Clubs failings and what Real have done in Europe too.

It's a fucking travesty.

Your comments are full of negativity (even in the good times), like a few others here. Moan moan moan. Always finding that cloud on a sunny day. If I ever need some inspiration to commit suicide I'll make sure to get myself stuck in a lift with you and raedkuwait.

Home of Barca Fans