10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Pedro

La Masia
Leo has 3 cracks at international glory, Copa 2019, Copa 2020, and WC 2022, Let's hope he wins at least one of them

eaman

I saw the first 30 minutes of the game v nicaragua and Argentina as a team didn't really gel. Only Messi and lo celso really stood out. Hopefully aguero and the rest get going when the tournament starts. Also why is there a copa America in 2020? I thought the one in 2016 was only played because it was the centennial one

raskolnikov

I saw the first 30 minutes of the game v nicaragua and Argentina as a team didn't really gel. Only Messi and lo celso really stood out. Hopefully aguero and the rest get going when the tournament starts. Also why is there a copa America in 2020? I thought the one in 2016 was only played because it was the centennial one

I have never seen Argentina gel with Messi though.
Best imo was the qualification with sabella in 2012/13. They conceded a lot but also scored. Which is why it was weird that they turned into italy at the wc and almost won it.
Messi been unlucky though, 2014-16 he should have won something. Losing two shoot outs also hurts. In USA he was playing amazingly and the. Everyone only remembers his baggio moment.

At this point he must be past the pressure though. He knows argentina is weak. Outsiders for copa’s and dark horse for wc at best and thats far away.

mia7007

Very weak friendly match to judge.
The team is better than the one in WC, but still lacking a lot in many positions.
Very low chance to win the Copa America unless Messi does his magic every match or the coach founds a good formation between Messi, Aguero and Di Maria/Dybala. And good mix of good midfield with Lo Celso and Paredes and the most important part DEFENCE

eaman

I have never seen Argentina gel with Messi though.
Best imo was the qualification with sabella in 2012/13. They conceded a lot but also scored. Which is why it was weird that they turned into italy at the wc and almost won it.
Messi been unlucky though, 2014-16 he should have won something. Losing two shoot outs also hurts. In USA he was playing amazingly and the. Everyone only remembers his baggio moment.

At this point he must be past the pressure though. He knows argentina is weak. Outsiders for copa’s and dark horse for wc at best and thats far away.

I meant the team as whole weren't gelling and that has always been the case in recent years. Average midfields have let Argentina down. Hopefully lo celso will improve that but I would have liked to have seen banega picked because himself and Messi always link up well.

FCB1987

Banned
Careful with the Lo Celso hype. I remember when Pavon was supposed to be Messi's "partner" for the previous World Cup after a friendly against Haiti and recall a sizeable sect of our fanbase lobbying the board to purchase the lad.

Haiti is ranked 100th in FIFA world rankings and Nicaragua is some way off that coming in at 129th.

Lo Celso is still a player that plays for a midtable Spanish side and this friendly was nothing more than a morale builder. It is needless at this point to build statues of him only to tear them down in a few weeks time feeling gutted.

Let's see what happens. I already have my prediction.

That was just r/barca

Pedro

La Masia
Big day for Leo tonight

[MENTION=22956]FCB1987[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

Hardy

Well Portugal won but it was kind of lose lose situation for Leo, even though Vvd lost another international trophy for ronaldo

I know Pedro but this thing is irrelevant, compared to it confederations cup looks like a world cup, it will be hyped only from that disgraceful fanbase. Messi needs anyway to perform in copa and smashing goal as much possible he can when next season starts, especially in CL.

eaman

Well Portugal won but it was kind of lose lose situation for Leo, even though Vvd lost another international trophy for ronaldo

Not a proper trophy and a trophy where Ronaldo only played two games in. He couldn't be bothered playing any of the group games so he can't just think he has now won a proper tournament

Givenchy

with the way the commentary team were raving on and on and on about VVD, Portugal and Ronaldo winning this is the lesser evil for Messi to win his 6th Ballon d'or

Ripsta

I know Pedro but this thing is irrelevant, compared to it confederations cup looks like a world cup, it will be hyped only from that disgraceful fanbase. Messi needs anyway to perform in copa and smashing goal as much possible he can when next season starts, especially in CL.

Not happening, the Club have well and truely fucked Messi over by keeping Valverde.

If Messi had any common sense he'd move elsewhere to end his career on a high. Instead he'll be here content carrying the team to domestic success whilst being laughed at on the European/World stage.

I'm so disappointed with the Club, and i'm even more disappointed with the prawn sandwhich bridgade who don't seem to show any fucking passion whatsoevr at matches, they should be forcing the boards hand.

Home of Barca Fans