11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcadub

I liked it.

It's great to have 1 players who gets under the other teams skin.

And when Neymar does it. The opposition really loses it.

Alarcón

No, whether or not the trick works, calling it "provocation" is utterly absurd. That's basically swallowing Gabi's and Atletico's narrative. He can keep doing it as much as he likes.

It is a provocation, whether you acknowledge it or not. Does not mean I agree with it or would react the same way, but it has been established in European and Spanish football that doing something like this is provocative and disrespectful towards the opponent. There are other, much more effective ways of getting past the opponent but he chose the one of which he knew it would provoke the others. If this is not a provocation, then what is? He can keep doing it as much as he likes but he has to live with the consequences.

Drexl

Very good he wanted to provoke those assholes, when the ref was trying to help them all the time. Puta Susaeta in 30 minutes should get 3 yellow cards. Not to mention the rest of them.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I'm sorry but if you think this was a "spectacular dribbling" or some kind of attempt to go past the opponent then you're deluded. Neymar has been here for 2 years, his rainbow flick has NEVER worked and he only ever does it towards the end of the game. This is not an attempt to dribble the opponent but merely one to provoke them.

It would have worked yesterday if he wasn't fouled...

Kohe321

It is a provocation, whether you acknowledge it or not. Does not mean I agree with it or would react the same way, but it has been established in European and Spanish football that doing something like this is provocative and disrespectful towards the opponent. There are other, much more effective ways of getting past the opponent but he chose the one of which he knew it would provoke the others. If this is not a provocation, then what is? He can keep doing it as much as he likes but he has to live with the consequences.

Well, it's not labeled provocative by some objective standard - I don't think it's provocative at all and will never understand how those who think it is can feel that way. If this is the established view in European football or not is irrelevant, as violent reactions to a trick is unacceptable full stop. So is the view that it's ineffective - it doesn't matter.

Funny how it was never a problem with Ronaldinho when he played in Europe by the way, with him it was viewed as art. In my opinion, this has much more to do with the narrative being created about Neymar that stems from the likes of Gabi and Juanfran. This "open season" on Neymar has to stop.

But glad to hear you don't necessarily agree with it either. To me, the argument of a trick done within the legitimate boundaries of the sport being provocative is absurd. :cheers:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Let's face it. If anyone other than Neymar had tried this then no one would have a problem with it. Like people have said, Ronaldinho did similar things and it wasn't labeled as provocative.

Seems to be some sort of witch hunt against Neymar because the guy who was disregarded by many as 'the new robinho' is starting to become more like Ronaldinho than robinho. There will be haters.

F

Flavia

That establishment should change. Dinho was known for doing those tricks and everyone loved to watch him. Now it's a sin. Pretty ridiculous.

Jägermeister

I watched the match yesterday without sound and I really didn't know why suddenly all Bilbao players were raging like that.
So it was because of this one move?! Now that's some stupid overreacting.

BBZ8800

Because when Neymar does flair-moves, it's offensive and he must apparently accept the risk of getting attacked for it, but when the ever smiling and humble Ronaldinho does it, it's art.

The level of double standards...

CGSq4jNWsAEsl-T.jpg:large

You need a full context.
It is a double standard, but Neymar "earned" his status/hate with a lots of different episodes over the last few Seasons.

Look at it this way:
1. there is one guy who punches you and provokes you every day, for 300 days in a row
-- then you lose your nerves, and you say to yourself: the next time when he'll even look at me, I'll punch him in the face. I have had enough of his crap
2. and you have another guy, who is always nice and friendly with you and never caused you anything bad

Then you meet those 2 guys.
1. guy 1 pushes you in the chest again, when you meet him
-- of course that you will punch him, for "accumulated" sins and for today's sin
2. guy 2 pushes you, and you won't punch him
-- you won't do anything or you will ask yourself: wtf, what's wrong with him today?

So, the full "context" is important.
The guy 1 in this story is Neymar.
The guy 2 in this story is Ronaldinho or Messi.

For example, no one ever wanted to fight with Ronnie.
Or Messi, he can dribble past 8 defenders, and no one will say anything bad about him. And not to mention that someone will want to punch him.
And then, there are some guys whom more or less everyone wants to punch, guys like Muller, Robben, Neymar etc.

There is a reason and a long history of accumulated sins, as posted already:

He is our player, but I would punch him so hard after this crap :lol:

We can love our team and our players, but let's face it, they can be a real idiots and extreme duchebags from time to time.
And pretending how we don't understand why everyone jumps on Neymar (and not on Xavi or Rakitic, lol) all the time is just very biased...

And NO, the answer is NOT: Everyone hates him because he is such a good player :lol:

(How come that no one ever was punching Puyol?
And how come that Puyol was never blowing kisses towards opponents..?)

Last edited:

Tiny Kim

People need to stop being over-sensitive about everything these days. At this rate we'll soon be debating about putting a ban on scoring goals because its "disrespectful" towards the keeper. This is professional football, not a kiddie tea-party attended by children in bright summer frocks and baking cookies in tree houses with rainbows and unicorns.

This incident is no more disrespectful than the countless tricks done by past footballing greats to their opponents. It was just a bunch of butthurt Bilbao players looking for any small reason to start a fight because they knew they look like idiots either way.

JamDav1982

I couldnt care less how much Neymar pisses off other teams and players.

He did nothing at all to provoke Bilbao yesterday other than that trick, tricks like which Ronaldinho did all the time.

Neymar is a respectful team mate and that is x1o more important.

namaria

@ BBZ8800
so once lebeled player, always lebeled player? Neymar changed a lot since he is in Barcelona. he s awesome player, awesome techincs, he will probably be the best player in the world after Messi will retire ( Kiki as well), we should protect our Kid now for future generation. i loved how whole team did protect him, Xavi first as captain.
its normal if oponents supporter hate him for that, but seeing Cules debate of that is kinda crazy.
Neymar is playing football for people, people should apploud him. wish such moves would be more often in today football.

Kohe321

You need a full context.
It is a double standard, but Neymar "earned" his status/hate with a lots of different episodes over the last few Seasons.

I couldn't disagree more, I don't feel like he has earned a status of being hated. And it's irrelevant in this case anyways, because violent actions resulting from a drible is ridiculously indefensible.

He is our player, but I would punch him so hard after this crap :lol:

Would you really "punch him so hard" for doing this? That's, to me, completely insane. Suffering violence for doing a legit drible?

My position on this has been laid out already, so I don't feel like repeating myself. Let's just agree to disagree.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Honestly it's just the press miscpnstruing Lucho's quotes that has caused this discussion. The reaction from Bilbao, while childish, is understandable when you consider their frustration at already being down 3 goals.

serghei

Even without the obstruction, that trick failed. He sent the ball over the goal line.

What are you on about? When I say provocateur, that's exactly what I mean. Provocateur. His attitude, not his dribbling. If you need a list of examples, then I guess you aren't really familiar with Neymar.

Attitude? What attitude? He didn't dive, not even once during the game. He has the right to try to dribble his man any way he sees fit. That's not provocation, and is absurd to call it that. If anything, his attitude was great because he chose not to respond to the true provocation that occured and that was started by Athletic's players, who tried to hit him several times. If you don't like Neymar fine, but a dribble can't be a provocation. Frustrated people see it as a provocation, sure, but frustrated people are often wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans