11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Ronaldinho, while he was young and not overweight, was not getting that many cards.
When he did get cards, those were usually too hard tackles and similar.

Neymar, well, he is spitting on opponents, sending them kisses and similar things.
Come on, the guy is fighting virtually with anyone:

This is just another example how our fans are always diminishing bad things from our players.
Soon it will look as if Ney is as equally good/bad as Messi or Ronnie, lol.

Come on:

He is only 23, imagine how many similar scandals he will have by the age of 33-35.
Don't compare him with Ronnie's attitude.

Yeah I'm sure Neymar does that out of the blue without being provoked

JamDav1982

BBZ - you make out Neym[vine][/vine]ar is fighting every game when he isnt.

The vast majority of games pass without anything happening and even then arguing with opposition is nothing to worry about.

You keep arguing a different point from what people are saying to you.

No one is saying Neymar doesnt wind up opponents or get involved in things we are saying we know he does and accept it. In fact I like the fact he does it unless he is going over the mark in spitting etc.

I wouldnt change a thing about it him. Keep it going Neymar.

ceefoo

If you watch the slow-motion replay, you can actually see that he gets pushed, then waits, then jumps back on his own, way disproportionately to how strong the push was. And I don't even really blame him for doing it, he probably wouldn't have gotten a foul called if he had stayed on his feet. But if you do it, and if you do it as often as he does, you're going to get in trouble with the opponent, and you will be labeled a diver, a drama queen, or whatever else. Once you're labeled, it's done. And if you do get labeled, you're going to get shit for things that other players don't. That's how it works, and he has no one else to blame but himself.
This much is true! Neymar WAS obstructed but threw himself to the ground in attempt to 'guarantee' a free-kick. Playing devil's advocate; perhaps Neymar felt he wasn't getting the protection from this referee, he deserved, and felt he needed to go to ground in order to get fair treatment.
It is a part of Neymar's game that still exists, and I don't like it; not from ANY player.

But it has to work both ways. Players wouldn't throw themselves to the ground (not talking about diving. Diving is when there is zero or virtually no contact), if the officials did their jobs properly and award a foul to a player attempting to stay on his feet.

serghei

You can't expect players to forget everything they knew about Neymar and just re-create their perception of him based on the current game alone.

That gives people the freedom to hack down a player because of what he did a few months ago. Football players need to react based on what is happening live, on the field, not start with an agenda based on what has happened in the past. Judging like that, all players that dive or have negative gestures from time to time, can't be victims because of what they did. It's just a licence to violence to me. On a larger scale, people go to jail for not handling their impulses to do harm. I'm sure must guys that are serving prison for murder have an explanation that starts with "he/she made me do it". Rubbish, you are responsible for your own actions. In the end, it's more about the lack of selfcontrol, than the act of provocation -- which doesn't even exist in this specific case.

Last edited:

Tiny Kim

As I and many members said , it has nothing to do with the trick itself but more with who's doing it. Remember the friendly game Barca vs Psg when Messi was toying with Christophe Jallet ? Or Ronaldinho looping the ball over the same player 3 times (was also against Bilbao). No one was talking about provoking or disrespecting a player. I can guarentee if Messi were to do that Rainbow flick (Would be funny if Messi were to do something like that) , the bilbao players wouldnt react like that. It all has to do with 23 year old brazillian who came from Santos 2 years ago and barerly won anything of significance. That's what riles up the players not the rainbow flick itself.

Wait a sec. So Neymar is not allowed to do tricks like that because he hasn't "won anything yet" in Europe, eh? So you're saying only established "superstars" are allowed to try tricks? And that if a non-superstar tries tricks like that, the opposition players are justified in physically and verbally abusing that player? Seriously? :facepalm:

Stric

Wait a sec. So Neymar is not allowed to do tricks like that because he hasn't "won anything yet" in Europe, eh? So you're saying only established "superstars" are allowed to try tricks? And that if a non-superstar tries tricks like that, the opposition players are justified in physically and verbally abusing that player? Seriously? :facepalm:

This post is a good example of what's wrong with the communication on this forum lately. People are constantly putting words into other people's mouths, and making conclusions based on something that's never been said.

Messi2140 never said anything about who's allowed to do what. He only stated those as the reasons why players are treated differently. Which is correct.

BBZ8800

BBZ - you make out Neym[vine][/vine]ar is fighting every game when he isnt.

The vast majority of games pass without anything happening and even then arguing with opposition is nothing to worry about.

You keep arguing a different point from what people are saying to you.

No one is saying Neymar doesnt wind up opponents or get involved in things we are saying we know he does and accept it. In fact I like the fact he does it unless he is going over the mark in spitting etc.

I wouldnt change a thing about it him. Keep it going Neymar.

What are we arguing then about?

1. we all know that Ney provokes people sometimes
2. and then, logically, opponents hate him and kick him
The problem is, when you do that over and over, then things like yesterday happens, when you do a tiny thing, and people again kick you.

If we all know that and are aware of it, then fine.
Ney didn't do anything wrong yesterday, but be prepared that he will be kicked all the time from all the opponents for every little thing, because of his accumulated provocations over years.

We can end the discussion now and move on then.

Yeah I'm sure Neymar does that out of the blue without being provoked

Hmm, let's see.

Messi is a better player than Neymar.
If you are an opponent, would you rather kick/injure Messi or some inferior player?
I would always kick and fight with opponent's best player.

And then, nobody (more or less) fights and kicks Messi, even though he scores 1000s of Goals.
And everyone kicks and fights with Ney.

Something is wrong in these maths, isn't it?

Stric

That gives people the freedom to hack down a player because of what he did a few months ago. Football players need to react based on what is happening live, on the field, not start with an agenda based on what has happened in the past. Judging like that, all players that dive or have negative gestures from time to time, can't be victims because of what they did. It's just a licence to violence to me. On a larger scale, people go to jail for not handling their impulses to do harm. I'm sure must guys that are serving prison for murder have an explanation that starts with "he/she made me do it". Rubbish, you are responsible for your own actions. In the end, it's more about the lack of selfcontrol, than the act of provocation -- which doesn't even exist in this specific case.

It doesn't give them freedom to do anything, you keep saying things that don't have anything to do with what I said. It's not about who has the freedom to what, it's about explaining why people react a certain way to the actions of certain players, without even saying whether they're wrong or right in doing so.

Barcalove

Banned

The problem is, when you do that over and over, then things like yesterday happens, when you do a tiny thing, and people again kick you.

Ney didn't do anything wrong yesterday, but be prepared that he will be kicked all the time from all the opponents for every little thing, because of his accumulated provocations over years.

Hmm, let's see.

If you are an opponent, would you rather kick/injure Messi or some inferior player?

And then, nobody (more or less) fights and kicks Messi, even though he scores 1000s of Goals.

How neymar provokes ? Are you Seeing something i dont? Can you show me a gif or a video, of him provoking?

Barcalove

Banned

Hmm, let's see.

How neymar provokes ? Are you Seeing something i dont? Can you show me a gif or a video, of him provoking?

BBZ8800

Again, it works both ways.

How many times Messi gets a free kick for nothing, because he is Messi and because he "earned" his reputation.
Also, we do get some penalties against minor teams in Europe, for the same reason.
NT teams gets penalties for the same reason (Brasil, Argentina, Spain etc).

How many times referees didn't get yellow/red cards to Messi, because he is Messi.

When it fits us (Messi not getting a card, or Barca getting a free kick for nothing, then we like this story).
When Ney gets kicked because of his past sins, then it is not fair.

Oh, well...

JamDav1982

Ney didn't do anything wrong yesterday, but be prepared that he will be kicked all the time from all opponents by every little things, because of his accumulated provocations over years.

Hmm, let's see.

It works both ways, players kick Messi all the time and majority of time he wont react. Neymar will react more but you cant blame Neymar every time a player tries to kick him.

Why is Neymar arguing with someone a lack of respect from him and not the other player? Players reacting to Neymar is a weakness on their part not his.

As for Messi gets kicked all over park by Real Madrid and he winds them up all the time. By your logic we cant complain if Real fans/players go over the top in their treatment of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans