SiempreBlaugrana
Read his next post. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm.

post-20530-The-Big-Bang-theory-sarcasm-hi-rHkf.gif

Ekul

Lol, guys, seriously, this is painful :lol:

Let's try to make it simple.

Barca has 3 world class FCs.
-- let's say that they will be kicked and provoked more or less the same over one Season

-- so, 100 players will kick Messi
-- 100 players will pull Messi shirts, kick him in every action, on every corner, whenever a referee is not looking
-- plus, whenever he has the ball
-- plus, they will say bad things to him all the time, trying to provoke him
-- the same will happen with Neymar and Suarez

-- now, after a 100 of provocations from the opponents in one Season:
-- if Messi has 2 incidents and 2 fights with opponents
-- if Suarez has, let's say, 5 fights
-- and if Neymar has 20 fights

What do you think then?
That opponents are provoking only Neymar, or that he loses his nerves more easily and falls to provocations, plus that he by himsfelf sometimes causes troubles?

The similar analogy would be Pepe/Ramos versus Puyol.
They are both defenders and they both have to distract opponent's forwards and foul them sometimes.

Then why idiots Pepe and Ramos get so many red cards, and why are they always fighting with everyone?
And Puyol is never fighting with anyone?

So:
1. either all opponents are provoking ONLY Pepe and Ramos
2. or, the opponents are provoking ALL PLAYERS, but guys like Puyol stays calm and don't answer to those provocations, and cowboys like Pepe, Ramos and Neymar need to answer to more or less every provocation

Hmm, what do you think is the right answer out of these two?

BBZ, you've been saying that Neymar is a provocateur but most of this post is about retaliation. They're completely different things.

Kohe321

For those saying Athletic's players weren't mad about the flick but about his attitude or whatever --> clicky

Yeah, I thought this was obvious. Why do people think the explosion of aggression happened right after he did it? If anything, Neymar had a great attitude the entire game, he did nothing wrong - and that includes the rainbow flick.

This entire discussion is making my head hurt by now, I'm outta here as well.

Last edited:

Stric

I don't remember anyone saying that it's OK to punch Neymar or that the Bilbao players were right to react the way they did.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I could reply that Messi doesn't get fouled that often because he is Messi and he is uncatchable.
You can't take the ball away from him, and you can't even foul him.

So, I don't agree at all that defenders try more tackles and fouls on Ney.
They try the same amount on Messi and Ney.
But, Messi escapes from everything, because he is an alien. And a human, Neymar, is not that good, so he gets tackled or fouled more often.
And he in general falls for more provocations, and loses his nerves much faster.

About Pepe vs Puyol, you are missing the point.
Let's say it this way:
-- whenever there is some fighting, arguing and similar in Barca:Real match, you know that Pepe is involved and that he either:
1. provoked/dirty fouled someone
2. or that some other two players are fighting, and he will run right away and cause further problems and fights

Puyol, lol?
1. he won't provoke people or do unneccesary stupid fouls
2. plus, if there is a fight, he wither won't come at all
-- or if he will come, he will try to calm down people, unlike Pepe who will try to cause even larger fight

If you can't see my point and the difference between some players and their general attitude towards fights and provocations, then we better stop, and we should end this.

What's the point about Pepe and Ramos? It has zero bearing on Neymar. It's just more nonsense to convolute this discussion. If you want to go with the dumb narrative that Neymar somehow "provokes" players with his tricks, then surely he does it as retaliations and not instigation. Again, Neymar was fouled EIGHT times in yesterday's game before he did his trick. Surely that's more provocation than a mere flashy trick. Why aren't people outraged at the constant fouling of Neymar's legs?

Though I do agree we should stop this discussion. For my part, I think it to be quite ridiculous.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Look:

1. Neymar did nothing wrong. Technical excellence should be praised, not frowned upon.

2. Neymar has a style of play. He gets into defenders heads and messes with them. He won't make many friends with the opposition this way, but I doubt he cares.

3. The real benchmark of Neymar's attitude should be his behavior towards his teammates which is exemplary.

4. People don't like when they are made to feel inferior.

5. Bilbao's players' reactions, while extremely childish, are to be expected from a team already frustrated at loosing when they get humiliated technically like that.

6. Lucho's quotes have been falsely represented by the press, but he wasn't too careful with what he said either. As long as they clear it up behind the scenes, all is well.

7. We won the double and are on course for a treble in a week. Relax and enjoy yourselves.

spark

I'm sorry but if you think this was a "spectacular dribbling" or some kind of attempt to go past the opponent then you're deluded. Neymar has been here for 2 years, his rainbow flick has NEVER worked and he only ever does it towards the end of the game. This is not an attempt to dribble the opponent but merely one to provoke them.

I already posted this, but its simply untrue that he only tries it at the end of the game. Here he is in the 14th minute at the Bernaubeu against James. Its a valid way of getting by players and its only viewed as provocative because its Neymar. Djalminha was labeled genius when he did it against Madrid for example.

Its a sad state for the beautiful game when players get condemned for making it beautiful, dribbling like that is why football is as popular as it is today. Did people attack ronaldinho when he used to repeatedly nutmeg players even going as far as to turn back and nutmeg them again even after he got past them? Fucking ridiculous.

dakt

So with that logic in mind, Germany should be punished for scoring 7 goals vs Brazil? Why scoring 7, when 3 are enough.

Barcalove

Banned
Not yesterday.
In general.

Have you read the whole topic and arguments?

This is what he often does, and then when you do stupid things 10-20 times, a FEW MONTHS LATER, he gets kicked by 100s of opponents, because he pissed everyone and everyone just want to kick him:
Wtf???????

He gets bullied because he provocated 3 years ago??

Alik

Well look at Mourinho, he's a moron.

Lets not expect coaches on a winning team to be immune from doing any wrong, Lucho should have at the very least not taken a side in public against his player, maybe even throw a "no comment" "next question" thing or even say yes I understand their frustration but this is part of Football. It was flat out silly to say what he did for all sorts of reasons, Hope Neymar does more showboating in the UCL final if were in the driving seat and winning that is..

Just to say "hey, this is what i'm gonna do whether you like it (like you did with all other joga bonita legends) or not... Neymar maybe thin, young and not very intimidating in any way but deserves the same respect Dinho, Maradona or other players who frequently looked to get an "oooooooouh" out of the crowd and made Football a more entertaining world got.

Ok, so Lucho is Mou? He just won the double and there are more hateful posts of Lucho than there are praising him.

In the mind of some poster here:

"So we just won the Copa del Rey, lets ignore that and focus on calling Lucho an idiot/moron/clueless or whatever other insult."

You can criticize the guy, but don't have to be insulting and ignore that we just won another cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans