11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

Neymar is already better than Suarez.

Disagree. If I had to give up one, it'd be Neymar.

Stop being so Barca-centric, Neymar is restricted a lot more in Barca than Suarez is. Look at his consistently awesome games for Brazil to see his true level.

If you are honest, you can't separate, they are two totally different situations: *both* are his "true level." My personal focus is his level at Barça, and how he fits.

No Neymar, no treble.

Purely hypothetical of course. To me, Suarez front Messi right was/is critical. Neymar contributed, of course, but not convinced he was essential.

Winning and being effective are not the only two things in football. I'd rather see a "crowd-pleaser" than yet another sideways pass that in the grand scheme of things probably would have made zero difference.

Had he tried that down on the goal line, isolated, trying to break into the box, I'd have said bravo. And at Barça, the teamwork "sideways" pass *is* the biggest crowdpleaser. Just think of how many times Barça has worked the ball out of the back in spaces much tighter than that situation, always to great applause.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Disagree. If I had to give up one, it'd be Neymar.

We all know that by now Berkeley, trebble, 39 goals, 2nd most balls recovered after Messi, etc etc .. this is all NOT enough, let's sell that kid!

Oh and always with your cherry picked pictures to make Neymar look bad, it's hilarious :)

Is it so ridiculous to say that Suarez, who had 46 G+A (just like neymar), with 600 minutes less (circa 3500 against 4100) in his first season in Spain returning from a football ban, had an even better season than Neymar ?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Is it so ridiculous to say that Suarez, who had 46 G+A (just like neymar), with 600 minutes less (circa 3500 against 4100) in his first season in Spain returning from a football ban, had an even better season than Neymar ?

Nope. Not ridiculous at all.

JamDav1982

I coldnt pick between them on last season, both were so good.

Goals and assists dont tell the whole story either, Neymar played further away from goal and got more involved defensively and in build up play etc.

Neymars assists were ridiculously low in comparison to how many good chances he created as well.

Neymar I would say is the overall better player though and is arguably second best in world at moment.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

Of course not, I personally think we have the absolute perfect combination possible today with Neymar + Suarez + Messi.

But saying that Neymar is dispendable and wasn't essentiel in our trophies is indeed ridiculous, there's literally no other player in the world we could replace Neymar with and have the same result/impact for Barça, that's my opinion at least, no other LW in the world has his numbers except CR7 who's not really a winger and eats from his partner's goals; hell no other striker bar Messi/CR no matter his position has as many goals as him, we also had many other players surrounding Messi in the last decade yet Neymar this season scored more than any of them so the flawd "yeah he just finishes Messi's chances" argument is void.

So of course it's irritating when I see quotes like Berkley's with pictures picked always to the second, to show him in his worse position possible and trash him for that.

Last edited:

Ekul

For me, Neymar's the better player, especially when you factor in that he is yet to reach his potential. But both of them are completely irreplacable and I wouldn't swap them for anyone in the world. Neymar is the best left sided forward in the world and Suarez is the best centre forward in the world, and we're incredibly fortunate to have them both.

Heavy

And this is why people call you out, creating fake narratives...because as you see they were actually being marked, and not completely alone as the screen shots you purposely picked . And once already in the process of doing the trick the players trailing go towards him instead.

1z18mye.jpg

dcrp8y.jpg

Trying to make it seem like it just a open field of just unmarked men. smh.
He does it all the time, I don't even bother checking anymore.

I coldnt pick between them on last season, both were so good.

Goals and assists dont tell the whole story either, Neymar played further away from goal and got more involved defensively and in build up play etc.

Neymars assists were ridiculously low in comparison to how many good chances he created as well.

Neymar I would say is the overall better player though and is arguably second best in world at moment.
can't say i agree but at last a non partisan pov
some arguments cancel each other, one could say this
Neymar played further away from goal and got more involved defensively and in build up play etc
, one could say Suarez presses more (opinion) with obviously lower success since he's in the center (fact), or that he scored more "difficult" goals, which is pretty clear to see honestly.

Neymar is the bigger talent and clearly has a lot of margin of improvement. As he keeps working on his linkup play and decision making, he should surpass suarez. Maybe next season.

For me, Neymar's the better player, especially when you factor in that he is yet to reach his potential. But both of them are completely irreplacable and I wouldn't swap them for anyone in the world. Neymar is the best left sided forward in the world and Suarez is the best centre forward in the world, and we're incredibly fortunate to have them both.

you are right, IF you factor in potential & stuff, neymar is the better player but isn't that simply an unfair way to judge ? Absolutely is imo
But that's surely the reason why Neymar is hyped in comparison to Suarez. Yea, Neymar is extremely likely to retire with better stats, more trophies, better dribbler, etc. Not last season though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans