11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's a fact that most South American games turn into a WWE event when there's something at stake but that still doesn't mean officiating is horrible in Spain, level is indeed higher during Euros. I still think they have to add video images to be honest. There's way too many things going unnoticed and still influencing the the outcome of the game.

Refs in football have gone the way of NBA referees, IMHO...Some worse than others obviously but distinct personalities who have forgotten that they are supposed to be effectively invisible as far as the outcome of a match goes...More & more, who referees a match factors into the outcome

Bias is far too prevalent in officiating, even in Europe...Plus, I think more than ancillary tools to help refs, their formation as professionals should be improved...That includes the quality of applicants, effectiveness of their apprenticeship & a review system that rewards as well as punishes refs for the quality of their work...A ref should get relegated if they are poor just as much as a club

Stric

No. You're a pro because you have the footballing ability to be one. Not responding to provocation and never losing your shit is behaving like a perfect human being. Money and fame have nothing to do with that.

Of course they do. Losing your shit is less of a problem (but still not acceptable) in local leagues, because there's virtually nothing at stake. When you pull something like that for your national team or a big club, there's all kinds of shit involved, including huge amounts of money. And part of your job (besides playing) is to make sure you don't do something that will hurt the team/club. Just like it is to show up at training on time, listen to your superiors, etc. All of these things outside of football itself are involved in being a professional player.

Barcalove

Banned
Actually there is the principle of proportionally, a 3 match ban in a 38 round league isnt the same thing of a 3 match ban in a 6 matchs cup, if you ask me, 2 yellows cards and 1 match suspension is a bit too much

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Actually there is the principle of proportionally, a 3 match ban in a 38 round league isnt the same thing of a 3 match ban in a 6 matchs cup, if you ask me, 2 yellows cards and 1 match suspension is a bit too much

Especially given how stupidly he got his first 2 cards, 1 for moving the spray and second for unvoluntary handball.. If you consider the entire tournament, fairly, he deserved a red for kicking the ball and the angry shit at the end with Bacca - who apparently had his periods lol -, so 1 game suspension that's all.

In any case, it might be a good excuse for BRA to go out, I really can't see how they can win this, even with Neymar.

Heavy

For Brazil, he is the 'Captain', 'The Golden Boy', 'The Saviour of Brazilian Football', he is treated like a demi-god. Neymar isn't ready to take on all that responsibility yet... as shown yesterday.
Not really, he is treated like the only talented player in the worse team of the last decades.

Golden boy yes, captain and saviour no as he isn't really saw as captain yet and this team is beyond saving if they keep like this. He didn't reach many of older players like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Romário achievements, I guess kids treat him like a super-hero though.

I'm still a fan for his skill, his personality I understand that he still young and got big too soon, many kids start using drugs and stuff when that happens, hopefully Messi influence helps him, just him not being the biggest start of Barca helps, unlike Brazil where he is the only one to shoulder everything.

It was Bacca of Sevilla. He was being a dick before that brawl too (toward Alves). Feel sorry for the poor Armero though. Right after he was about to start celebrating their win he got shot in the back. :lol:
Almost everyone in Brazil likes Armero, even Neymar, I feel sorry for him too, great fun guy.

And it's a shame that it is so. Broke amateurs don't represent their countries on the global stage, and they don't get insane amounts of money for it. One's respect for their country or club who pays them should be reason enough not to act like a fucking child on the pitch. Rules and punishments should be more severe on this level.

It's not about the level of contact or movement, it's about intention and lack of respect for the game. You can get cards for saying this, even though there's no contact or injury involved.
FIFA is fair play.

Heavy

neygif4.gif

Stric

No, he should not. He's not the kind to shut down and turn his back to cry in a penalty shoot out. He lost his temper, but he's young and will learn.
If anyone should be stripped of something, it's Dunga. The nt need a proper coach.

Dunga being a crap coach has little to do with Neymar being a hothead and having a shitty personality.

F

Flavia

Dunga being a crap coach has little to do with Neymar being a hothead and having a shitty personality.
It has a lot to do. The the team is playing helps to build frustration. He's also not controling his players, as he should.

Neymessi

I think it should not be more than a 1 match ban.He was given a completely wrong yellow,the shoot he shot was very casual and not with power like the player acted(lol).Watch
how powerful fabregas shot was when he was given a red.That is not a head butt.There is a difference between a punch and a little push.What zidane did was punch,this was just a little push.I know he was at fault but his sins were not that sinful for a match ban of more than 1.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah Messi headutted a player, kicked the ball at another player, swore at 3rd player and pulled a ref. And then bitched about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans