11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gasgas

24 goals in 8 or 9 games ? that's a sick ratio ^^

Suarez is obviously more of a killer than Etoo, even if the latter is a barça legend, Suarez is consistantly scoring huge amount of goals, and if he stays with us for 3/4 seasons at his top level he will definitely be an even greater legend for us.
Key word was "most" not "al"

Wtf?

Seriously, this is just disrespectful towards Etoo.
Etoo almost singlehandedly brought us a title in 2005, the first since 1999, with 25 league goals out of 73 Barca's league goals.
In 2006, the same story in La liga.
In Champions league, lol. Just lol.
Etoo scored winning Goal against 2nd best team in the world back then, Chelsea, at Stamford bridge for 1:2 win for us.
Chelsea was by far the strongest opponent who trashed us a year before (if they haven't knocked us out in 2005, we would probably win the CL even in 2005. We were the best team in Europe by far in 2005 and 2006).

So, goal against Chelsea at Stamford bridge and an equaliser in Paris for 1:1 against Arsenal, when we were totally lost on the field.

And sorry, but Suarez goals against Man. City and Psg who are not clubs who can win a CL are not as important as Etoo's Goals.

When Sukki will bring us a CL, we can talk about Suarez/Neymar versus Ronnie and Etoo.

Etoo's goals in 2005, when teams were scoring only 70 goals per Season:

Etoo's goal against Chelsea in 2006 QF:

Without Etoo, we would never win the CL in 2006, not with all Ronaldinho's and young Messi's of this world.

:worthy:

BBZ8800

BBZ - again going way over top in trying to almost single handedly give Etoo credit for two leagues and a CL.

Gets worse.

Etoo was our best player in La Liga in 2005.
Voted by most of media in THAT year.
But later, revisionism made a legend out of Ronnie because of displays in 2006'.

So, I don't know, maybe today will media say that Ronnie was the best in 2005.
In 2006, the duo Ronnie-Etoo together was our main weapon.
Larsson played last 20-30 minutes, Guily was like Pedro, Messi was a kid back then.
Xavi and Deco were very good Mcs.

But as far as I remember watching Barca each week back then, and reading El Mundo and Sport every day:
1. Etoo was the best in 2005
2. and in 2006, Ronnie and Etoo were 2 best players

In 2005, there was a scandal, because lots of journalists thought that Etoo should win Ballon'd'or, that's how good he was in 2004-05 Season.
But because he is not Brasilian, or from some country which attracts more sponsors, he didn't get too many votes.

Have you actually watched Etoo week in and week out in 2005?
I mean, someone who watched Etoo in 2004-05 and who is seriously claiming that Ney today is better, I am not sure if you are trolling or being serious.

For guys who hasn't watched young Etoo, and who are fans of Barca since Pep, Messi or Neymar, well I can understand their anger when I say that Ney can't be better than Etoo from those days.

JamDav1982

Etoo was our best player in La Liga in 2005.
Voted by most of media in THAT year.
But later, revisionism made a legend out of Ronnie because of displays in 2006'.

So, I don't know, maybe today will media say that Ronnie was the best in 2005.
In 2006, the duo Ronnie-Etoo together was our main weapon.
Larsson played last 20-30 minutes, Guily was like Pedro, Messi was a kid back then.
Xavi and Deco were very good Mcs.

But as far as I remember watching Barca each week back then, and reading El Mundo and Sport every day:
1. Etoo was the best in 2005
2. and in 2006, Ronnie and Etoo were 2 best players

In 2005, there was a scandal, because lots of journalists thought that Etoo should win Ballon'd'or, that's how good he was in 2004-05 Season.
But because he is not Brasilian, or from some country which attracts more sponsors, he didn't get too many votes.

Have you actually watched Etoo week in and week out in 2005?
I mean, someone who watched Etoo in 2004-05 and who is seriously claiming that Ney today is better, I am not sure if you are trolling or being serious.

For guys who hasn't watched young Etoo, and who are fans of Barca since Pep, Messi or Neymar, well I can understand their anger when I say that Ney can't be better than Etoo from those days.

I watched Barca long before Etoo even signed and he was a great player, not better than Ronaldinho as you seem to be trying to make out but a great player.

There is not a doubt in my mind Neymar is a better player than Etoo. Not as much as a Barca legend yet but a better player.

What does Neymar have to do for you to consider him better than Etoo?

How was it a scandal he never won balon dor? He came joint tenth and it was journalists who voted on it anyway. He wasnt even close to winning it.

raskolnikov

Different times, I think Suarez and Eto'o are quite equal as football players. Suarez just needs more team awards.

BBZ8800

Etoo played in 2009 when team scored 105 and then went to score more in Italy than any Barca player has bar Messi in Spain.

Etoo scored 12 and 21 LEAGUE goals in Inter in 2010 and 2011.
So, 2009-2010:
-- Etoo 12 Goals
-- Ibrahimovic 16
-- Pedro 12

Your arguments are wrong, aren't they?
Even Ibra, who was a horrible fit for Barca scored more than Etoo in Italy.
I mean, even Pedro scored the same amount as Lord Etoo.

What reason do you give for Villa, Ibra, Sanchez, Henry, Etoo etc all scoring more goals away from Barcelona in these stat padding years?

Etoo never scored more away from Barca.
Henry came here as a granny who was way past his prime.
Sanchez is the main man in Arsenal, while in Barca he would either trip over the ball or pass the ball to Messi every time, just like every our player, lol.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm probably too young to be remembering this correctly, but didn't Eto'o complain about not being considered for the Balon d'Or when it was Ronaldinho that had won it? That wasn't a very nice thing to do to your teammate.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So, 2009-2010:
-- Etoo 12 Goals
-- Ibrahimovic 16
-- Pedro 12

Sanchez is the main man in Arsenal, while in Barca he would either trip over the ball or pass the ball to Messi every time, just like every our player, lol.

Eto'o had more goals in 10/11 with Inter than he had with us. 37 goals vs 36. But still more.

JamDav1982

So, 2009-2010:
-- Etoo 12 Goals
-- Ibrahimovic 16
-- Pedro 12

Why are you focusing purely on league goals? Etoo had his best single season for goals away from Barca. Thats a fact.

So Sanchez being main man at Arsenal means it is hard to score goals not as main man at Barca......like say Neymar?

If you are so hung up on league goals you can just accept Etoo is better as Neymar not matched him on that yet.

BBZ8800

I watched Barca long before Etoo even signed and he was a great player, not better than Ronaldinho as you seem to be trying to make out but a great player.

There is not a doubt in my mind Neymar is a better player than Etoo. Not as much as a Barca legend yet but a better player.

What does Neymar have to do for you to consider him better than Etoo?

How was it a scandal he never won balon dor? He came joint tenth and it was journalists who voted on it anyway. He wasnt even close to winning it.

Lol.

In those days, Chelsea was trying to buy all Barca's players. In fact, best Barca's players.
No one tried to buy Xavi or Deco, for example.

But the English press was constantly posting crazy stories how they want Etoo or Ronnie for 100-120 Millions back then.
That is something like 150-180-200 Millions today, which of the worth of Messi and CR7.

Now, imagine how important was Etoo.

Again, revisionism is a tricky thing.
I told you in another topic. Imagine if Real wins a CL now, CR7 will be hailed as the best player of this era.
Was he the best?
= of course not

From how I remember the days in 2004-05, Etoo was our best player back then.
Later Ronnie stepped in and took all the glory.

About Ballon d or, Suarez is today probably in top5 players in the world.
But he won't be voted because of his scandals.

The same was with Etoo.
He wasn't famous and didn't attract sponsors like some other footballers like Ronnie and European players.

People probably remember older Etoo from Pep's days (who was also an awesome player), but that is not the same player as in 2004-05.
And also, he was extremely hailed by Barca's media in those days.

Later Ronnie and Messi took all the glory.

JamDav1982

BBZ you make ridiculous statements like 'Journalists believe it was a conspiracy that Etoo never won Balon Dor in 2005' and he was regarded as best player in Spain.

Well lets look reality...

In 2005 the journalists of Europe voted him tenth equal best player in world with John Terry.

While Ronaldinho won almost every individual award going from journalists, players, fans etc.

Nothing like you claim.

BBZ8800

Why are you focusing purely on league goals? Etoo had his best single season for goals away from Barca. Thats a fact.

If you are so hung up on league goals you can just accept Etoo is better as Neymar not matched him on that yet.

Why league goals?
= because that is the only "constant"
-- both Etoo and Ney and Suarez will play 35-38 league matches per Season

-- cup?
-- you can play 2 or 10 matches in cup
-- if your team gets knocked out early, you will score 0 goals
-- and if you come to final, you will score 10 goals
-- not to mention if you play against Almerias all the time in cup, you will score 10 goals easily and inflate your stats

Etoo in Barca played 15 cup matches in 5 years.
Rijkaard didn't play him in cup, to rest him for La liga and CL.
-- and he scored only 4 goals in cup in 5 years

Etoo in Inter, he scored 8 cup goals in one Season, compared to 4 goals from Barca in 5 years.
Do you get my point now?

Also, CL
-- if you get knocked out in 1/8, like Barca against Chelsea in 2005, you won't score too many Goals
-- if you get to a CL final, like Etoo in Inter, and if you score 8 goals in cup, you will score a lot, because you played much more matches

This is why I usually look only at League goals, because players from different eras usually play the same amount of league matches.
With cup and CL, there are too many variables which can screw the stats.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

BBZ you make ridiculous statements like 'Journalists believe it was a conspiracy that Etoo never won Balon Dor in 2005' and he was regarded as best player in Spain.

Well lets look reality...

In 2005 the journalists of Europe voted him tenth equal best player in world with John Terry.

While Ronaldinho won almost every individual award going from journalists, players, fans etc.

Nothing like you claim.

If you post something like that, I will just say that you:
1. either didn't watch Barca in 2005
2. or you didn't read El mundo deportivo and Sport in those days

Votes are rigged since always.
If you get a hint that a guy from Africa can't win, that's it.
Some more famous, a potential posterboy will win it.

I am not saying that Ronnie is a posterboy, I am talking about the system in general.

JamDav1982

If you post something like that, I will just say that you:
1. either didn't watch Barca in 2005
2. or you didn't read El mundo deportivo and Sport in those days

Votes are rigged since always.
If you get a hint that a guy from Africa can't win, that's it.
Some more famous, a potential posterboy will win it.

I am not saying that Ronnie is a posterboy, I am talking about the system in general.

I watched about every game of Barca in 2005, that lame argument from you is going nowhere.

So you say the reason that Ronaldinho was voted ahead of Etoo was the vote being rigged? So journalists in balon dor, players around the world in WPOTY and fans around the world for FIFA pro award all got together to rig vote? Even UEFA joined in to name him best forward.

This idea that he wasnt famous enough is garbage.

On one hand you say the papers are full of stories of Chelsea wanting to pay 100m for him next you claim people barely know who he is.

Africans can win these awards...just ask George Weah.

So much rubbish spouted to defend a statement that has no basis.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
OMG so much hate for all our players BBZ bar Pedro, you seriously need to stop undermining everyone and comparing them to past glory, otherwise we might just start undermining everyone using the excuse that they all had prime Xaviesta.. it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans