11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I don't see why a club the size of Barca, needs to have release clauses to begin with?

Isn't the purpose to the protect the club from want-away players that cannot fulfil their ambition (be it; money, honours, international recognition etc) with that particular club?

Sure, for a Mid-Sized club it would make sense, because their players get poached by the bigger clubs.

Once a player has signed for Barcelona or Real Madrid, they have reached the highest heights. After that, the only way is down. Man Utd fans can bang on about how capital rich they are, and how many "fans" they have in Asia etc, but they do not have the same level of prestige.

What do you think?

its required by law. Every player is required to have a release clause in his contract unless you are in France due to which PSG always play hardball

hamidyk

I don't see why a club the size of Barca, needs to have release clauses to begin with?

Isn't the purpose to the protect the club from want-away players that cannot fulfil their ambition (be it; money, honours, international recognition etc) with that particular club?

Sure, for a Mid-Sized club it would make sense, because their players get poached by the bigger clubs.

Once a player has signed for Barcelona or Real Madrid, they have reached the highest heights. After that, the only way is down. Man Utd fans can bang on about how capital rich they are, and how many "fans" they have in Asia etc, but they do not have the same level of prestige.

What do you think?

release clause is a mandatory law in spain. but ronaldos release is ONE billion euro and for messi its 250 million and neymar 190 million .

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
£190m. That's a bit much lmao. United would be mad to pay that amount.

Barca would be mad to say no to it too.

I don't think we would even say yes to 500M. Think about it, there's no one even close to Neymar's level that we could replace him with, or at least that's available.

ceefoo

£190m. That's a bit much lmao. United would be mad to pay that amount.

Barca would be mad to say no to it too.
Why would we even consider selling? Barca are in the business of building the worlds best football team, not becoming a cash-rich, financial institution.

It's not like we only have a few good players and need to strengthen other areas of our team. We have world class - or if you prefer, super-elite players, in every position.

Neymar is IRREPLACABLE and PRICELESS. There is absolutely no advantage in selling him.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
There is still plenty of speculation in the English press about Manchester United's attempts to sign Barcelona striker Neymar.
'The Sun' reported on Tuesday that United are prepared to shell out €325m to sign the Brazilian.
€225m of this would cover the Brazilian's buyout clause with the remainder going to Neymar himself, who would be offered a five-year deal worth €20m per season. - Marca

Trickykid

Shit, if The Sun is reporting it, it's already a done deal!

...it's already been posted at least once today. Bringing it up again isn't likely to make it happen.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Neymar is already a ManU player for next year. Barca will grab the new record transfer, and ManU will grab their new Cristiano Ronaldo for the next 4 years until he's sold to Madrid for the then new record fee.

All this smoke means there's fire. Barca better start thinking on how best to invest that money to reinforce the squad. I hear Chelsea have a new winger that had a Maradonia debut according to Mourinho.

I

instinct

Neymar is already a ManU player for next year. Barca will grab the new record transfer, and ManU will grab their new Cristiano Ronaldo for the next 4 years until he's sold to Madrid for the then new record fee.

All this smoke means there's fire. Barca better start thinking on how best to invest that money to reinforce the squad. I hear Chelsea have a new winger that had a Maradonia debut according to Mourinho.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/e77MHBgDIbe[/vine]

F

Flavia

I agree. We better just cope with it and move on :(

BBZ8800

What do you think?

You have reached the heights in sporting terms.

But players sometimes do get tired of the same league, same city, they want new challenges etc.
Also, there is a possibility, for players who are not Messi and Neymar (like Rakitic and similar) that they could get a much higher salary in Man. City, Man. Utd and similar.

And if a player has won a few CLs and is not too excited about that anymore, then 4M earnings in Barca could be replaced by 6-8M earning in Man. City, especially if you are almost 30 years old or you have financial problems.

I don't think we would even say yes to 500M. Think about it, there's no one even close to Neymar's level that we could replace him with, or at least that's available.

A club would sell a player for 500M right away.

We would pay all of our debts from the last 50 Seasons with that transfer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans