11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neymessi

I did not imagine this would be discussed for so long.No one is ever going to bid 500 mil on a player in the next 50 years.This thread is crazy.

zanela

I don't think it works that way. Anyway regarding Neymar - I don't want to sell him, but the fact is he's the easiest one to replace from our Trident. Messi is irreplacable and only Benzema could replace Suarez for us. We could get Reus and Gundogan plus a lot of money for him, and Reus wont be much if any downgrade. Of course from marketing and his friendship with Messi viewpoint it would be stupid to sell him.

What doesn't? The quoted sum (originally not mine), or that a club like CHL won't resist asking a similar figure for their star player, or that if not Hazard, Barca would still have to end up paying exorbitant sum towards any potential quality target (unless Barca want to lose it's sporting edge). All leading to wage inflation, and needing to revise the wage structure of the squad, because, you know, your top players already on your roster would be unhappy at the latest development. Barca atm don't have the minds or the tact to pull off a transaction of such magnitude, and put it to sensible use. Besides, it serves no long-term positives institutional wise or for the game of football as a whole.

akaranzo

I came to this thread expecting to see people laughing at the ridiculous rumours like I am, but instead I see people actually considering neymar leaving??!? Come on people, one of our best players, the future of Barca, probably the world's best player in a few years being linked to Man Utd and you think it could happen? No way in hell, especially now where we already have such a small squad and the transfer ban until january.

anguy

I came to this thread expecting to see people laughing at the ridiculous rumours like I am, but instead I see people actually considering neymar leaving??!? Come on people, one of our best players, the future of Barca, probably the world's best player in a few years being linked to Man Utd and you think it could happen? No way in hell, especially now where we already have such a small squad and the transfer ban until january.

Again, if they pay release clause plus taxes it won't matter what we want. If Neymar wants to go, he'll go.

silvia

I don't see why a club the size of Barca, needs to have release clauses to begin with?

Isn't the purpose to the protect the club from want-away players that cannot fulfil their ambition (be it; money, honours, international recognition etc) with that particular club?

Sure, for a Mid-Sized club it would make sense, because their players get poached by the bigger clubs.

Once a player has signed for Barcelona or Real Madrid, they have reached the highest heights. After that, the only way is down. Man Utd fans can bang on about how capital rich they are, and how many "fans" they have in Asia etc, but they do not have the same level of prestige.

What do you think?

Exactly. Every people in the world knows it even though they don't speak it out. It's barcelona, no explanation needed. No offense but it is like Going to Brown uni from Yale uni. insane romour.

ceefoo

I came to this thread expecting to see people laughing at the ridiculous rumours like I am, but instead I see people actually considering neymar leaving??!?
The chance of it happening is probably less than 1%. But it has still led some to debate whether a mega bid would be worth considering. I personally think it isn't, as I've previously stated. It may sound like a lot, but in reality, we would only stand to lose out on the deal long term.

His son is moving to Barcelona. Neydaddy will make sure Lucca plays with Thiago now.
The force is strong with dem2. :tea:

Exactly. Every people in the world knows it even though they don't speak it out. It's barcelona, no explanation needed. No offense but it is like Going to Brown uni from Yale uni. insane romour.
:thinking: From Harrods to Asda?

The harm it would cause to our reputation by flogging one of our 'untouchables' would be so damaging.

It just sends out a bad message. :greedy:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I don't think it works that way. Anyway regarding Neymar - I don't want to sell him, but the fact is he's the easiest one to replace from our Trident. Messi is irreplacable and only Benzema could replace Suarez for us. We could get Reus and Gundogan plus a lot of money for him, and Reus wont be much if any downgrade. Of course from marketing and his friendship with Messi viewpoint it would be stupid to sell him.

Mate, please share whatever it is you are smoking :D

Your post made no sense whatsoever, benzema can replace suarez ? Reus "not much if any downgrade" on Neymar ? We should keep him just because of his "friendship" with Messi ?

May be we can also replace Messi by Hazard and it won't be much if any downgrade at all either, what do you think ?

Stric

No, barca let him go and played Fabregas.
He would have stayed if barca wanted.

Barca wanted him to stay. But he wanted to leave, and Bayern paid his buyout.

He probably would have stayed if he had had any reason to believe he had a future here.

Barca wanted him to stay. But he wanted to leave, and Bayern paid his buyout.

He probably would have stayed if he had had any reason to believe he had a future here.

Barca wanted him to stay, but they didn't act like it during the season. The reason his buy-out was low was because he didn't play a certain number of minutes. Tito (RIP) could've easily given him those minutes if we wanted to, considering the fact that we were winning the league by a good margin. The seeds for him leaving were sown a while back.

anguy

Mate, please share whatever it is you are smoking :D

Your post made no sense whatsoever, benzema can replace suarez ? Reus "not much if any downgrade" on Neymar ? We should keep him just because of his "friendship" with Messi ?

May be we can also replace Messi by Hazard and it won't be much if any downgrade at all either, what do you think ?

Reus isn't worse player than Neymar. He might not score so much goals, but he's much more creative, more accurate passer and somewhat stronger too. And Benzema is pretty good, versatile player too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans