11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondDantes

Future Ballon D'or.

I remember seeing us playing Roma in pre-season and thinking how much his all round game had improved in such a short time. His first touch; one touch passing looks amazing now.

He's become a very complete player; an absolute pressing machine last night; off the ball; some crucial interceptions and ball recoveries. Fantastic to see; and don't even get me started on that free-kick; under pressure; got us back in the game. Atletico really are his bitch hehe; the more they boo the more he hurts them.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It was possible because he moved to barca very early. He improved in other areas of game and becoming one hell of a player. For both neymar and barca in sporting sense it has been one of the best transfers.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Messi will be the same in 4 years, let alone two. He'll be 30 years in 2 years, which is what Ronaldo is now. See no reason why Messi isn't still winning Ballon d'Ors at that age.
In 4 years he'll be 32. Still don't think he'll decline at that age. Maybe he'll play another position (although I doubt it), but he'll still be the same.
In 6 years, yes.

The gap between Neymar and Messi isn't THAT high. Messi is only gonna get slower and decline,he'll start being more of a CAM while Neymar is only going to evolve. I see Neymar winning 4-5 Ballon d'Or during his career.

FC B

he has to train to assist to suarez way. That would complete inbeatable MSN.

Suarez seemed very pissed about Ney not assisting him on that counter. He even shouted at him.
His egocentrical attitude in front of the goal whem it comes to giving the ball to Suarez frustrates me too! Could have costed points and is happening frequently.
Agreed. Aside from his fk goal je didn't look good.

Agreed. He lost tons of easy balls. Some of them could have meant conceding.

Last edited:
M

Messi+Eto

Change is inevitable. . . Time changes everything.
Messi is aging gracefully. Its great to see Neymar stepping up to fill the void. . . When it happens.

Morten

The gap between Neymar and Messi isn't THAT high. Messi is only gonna get slower and decline,he'll start being more of a CAM while Neymar is only going to evolve. I see Neymar winning 4-5 Ballon d'Or during his career.

Are you joking?

BBZ8800

He wont be the same in 4 yrs, he also wont be playing in the same position.He wont have the turn of pace or quick footwork which sees him go by defenders now.

He'll drop back a bit into midfield, scoring less but looking to create opportunities for the likes of Neymar.

After that spell in his first season for Barcelona when Leo was injured, I was convinced that Neymar will assume the Messi role once Leo drifts into midfield, permanently in a couple of seasons...Isolated on that left wing suits this team with the current Messi & Suarez but his future will be as a false 9 with freedom the way Messi had it under Pep - and he will thrive

So, our amazing run of victories with the current system continues even in this season.
And people are still "open" to ideas or either playing Messi as a false 9, or playing Neymar as a false 9 as a long term plan.

It is hard to predict how our formation will evolve in the next 2-3-4-5 years, but in this moment, at least for me, false 9 (by any player) is the LAST thing I want to see on the field.

D10S_JC

So, our amazing run of victories with the current system continues even in this season.
And people are still "open" to ideas or either playing Messi as a false 9, or playing Neymar as a false 9 as a long term plan.

It is hard to predict how our formation will evolve in the next 2-3-4-5 years, but in this moment, at least for me, false 9 (by any player) is the LAST thing I want to see on the field.
I hate false 9 too, to have CF like Suarez is one of the biggest reason for the current success.

dakt

It is. Messi is so much more, organizer and goal scoring machine. Not just Neymar, but everyone else. The difference he made when he came back in the 2nd half is huge. The only player that comes this close is Iniesta IMHO.
But that goal from Neymar is a work of art and nice to know that we have many options when free kicks are in question. Too bad he didn't make good decisions on couple of occasions. We could have left Calderon with even bigger score difference.

Morten

But Neymar might win quite a few ballon dors actually. When Ronaldo and Messi steps down, i dont see any young forwards along with Neymar who will stand out as much as these two has. Obviously, Messi is almost impossible to replace, but a machine like Ronaldo doesnt come around too often either. You could say he will have an "easier" time of getting ballon dors then either Messi or Ronaldo has.

F

Flavia

But Neymar might win quite a few ballon dors actually. When Ronaldo and Messi steps down, i dont see any young forwards along with Neymar who will stand out as much as these two has. Obviously, Messi is almost impossible to replace, but a machine like Ronaldo doesnt come around too often either. You could say he will have an "easier" time of getting ballon dors then either Messi or Ronaldo has.

By the time Messi and cr are out of the bdor race, or starting to really slow down, Neymar will be 26, 27. Many others players might surface or fullfill their potential. No way to know how consistent Neymar will be thru the years either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans