11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess no one read the first line saying, non penaltys ..
Cristiano ronaldo has 50 goals with 11 penaltys, 50-11 = 39

Neymar has 33 goals with 1 penalty = 32

its true, i didn't see. was confused because cr has 39 non penalty goals as you say, but also 39 liga goals.

BerkeleyBernie

A bit of a sloppy game, but his spirit was good. Had some nice moments, and what class from Messi to give away his hattrick so Ney could get his goal from the penalty he created. :)

Yup. Missed some good chances he should have buried, but overall play wasn't bad. Still holding the ball too long in places when deep, was lucky not to be dispossessed.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You're being too kind BB. Don't be afraid od fanboys ganging up on you with personal remarks, that won't happen here no more.

Zangash

Banned
You're being too kind BB. Don't be afraid od fanboys ganging up on you with personal remarks, that won't happen here no more.

Well to be fair, Berklie has never been the one to care about goals or performances in front of goal. He wants to see retention of the ball and nice passing, and in that aspect Neymar wasn't actually that bad.

Zangash

Banned
Via Barcastat:

"With all the chances Neymar (26.2%) has missed lately, he still has better conversion rate than Messi (21.3%) & Suarez (21.4%) this season!"

Not arguing a point or anything but I found that amusing.

Heavy

Surprised he didn't have to retake the penalty. Seemed to basically stop twice in the run-up.
He was the person to blame for the rule change, he used to stop as a teen and goalkeepers started crying about it, it was funny seeing them jump before he kicked :neymar:, he is pretty knowledgeable in the subject now...

BBZ8800

No. It's not a discussion. He just pops in into this thread after the game, leaves a few words like 'Shit game. Go play poker instead' and happily flies away. It's hard to discuss anything Neymar with him.

I'll leave it at that 'cause I don't want to get banned. There's still a few folks you can have a fruitful conversation with.

(A wall of text, sorry)

I am not saying that there aren't bad/illogical comments from both sides.

But to make it simpler, let's only make only 5 "levels" of comments.
1. overhyping in admiration:
= for example: Ney scored almost the same amount of Goals as CR7
2. a regular positive post:
= a very good game from Ney today
3. a neutral post:
= ok game. He had some good and some bad passes/decisions
4. a regular negative post:
= he wasn't good today, too many mistakes
5. overhyping in hate towards Ney:
= he is horrible, he loses so many balls, he doesn't play football at all, but only posts on social medias, takes stupid pictures and plays poker

Now, even in this example, you will get my point:
1. when someone posts insanely illogical post in overhyping Ney or Messi, like in the point no1
= majority of forum will either say: yes, I agree, Neymar is maybe even better than CR7 today
-- or, users won't comment anything
-- but more or less nobody will say: What a crap. Wtf are you people talking about?
2. if you say a positive post:
= come on, Ney, you should score against Bayern
-- nobody will jump or whine
3. neutral posts
-- ok, you will get some replies here already
-- if you say: he wasn't that good today, you will already get replies like:
"No, he had a few Messi like dribbles or that was just one off game"
-- so, you see, some people will already get offended even if a post is neutral
-- so, anything except "positive" posts will get replies and some disagreement
4. if you post a slightly negative post like: "He was poor yesterday"
-- an army of lovers will reply: but he was good in this whole Season, this was just one bad match.
Lol, who cares about the whole season?
The post explicitly said: he was poor YESTERDAY.
-- why there is a need to defend him and say that he was good over the whole season?
-- yes, he was. But he was still a crap yesterday.
= so, you see, even slightly negative posts which are 100% objective will bring some discussions and unnecessary "minor fights/discussions"
5. overhyped negative posts and exaggerations, like my post about not scoring a goal from an open play, or Bojan's remark about poker=well you know how the forum will explode (lol) after those remarks

That is what I am talking about.
This is not a free forum for expressing opinions and views about our team and players.
This is like a fan page where only hailing and excessive overhyping is allowed/welcomed, and any neutral/bad posts will be reported, will get a lot of hate, or you will get replies like: "Are you a Barca fan at all?" Lol

For example, I am avoiding now posting in Messi's and Ney's topic because of everything written above.
For example, this is what I would written about yesterday's match on some neutral forum, this is my opinion, NOT trolling and NOT an attempt to anger anyone, just my honest opinion as Barca's fan:
1. an awesome win yesterday
2. but also 6:0 and 8:0 in 4 days also show how a statpadding contest La liga has became (against bottom table teams), and how stats from Messi, Ney, Cr7 are extremely "inflated"
3. Ney wasn't too good yesterday
4. also, I am angry at Messi
= we had 2-3 easier matches before Bayern, and he didn't rest nor a single minute
-- we talked about his stamina 2 weeks ago, and he just plays and plays every f***ing match
-- if he won't be on 120% against Bayern and we will get knocked out, of course that I will blame him because he needed to waste his energy in statpadding contest matches, where we could have won even with Pedro-Munir-Rafinha attack easily

So, you see, none of these 4 points are trolling, hating or anything.
Each of those 4 points make a lot of sense, imo.

But now, imagine If I would persist in posting those views on Messi's and Ney's topic, instead of hailing Messi's 50 goals this Season or Ney's numbers.
Users would kill me, right?

(Again, just imagine my new post how La liga is a statpadding contest after 14 goals in 4 days
-- in 2004-05 with Ronnie and Etoo:
-- we scored 0-1-2 goals in 25 out of 38 matches
-- scored 3 Goals in a match in 7 matches
-- scored 4 goals in a match in 6 matches
-- and we haven't scored more than 4 goals in any match over 38 rounds
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004–05_FC_Barcelona_season
-- in the last 2 matches, the current Barca scored 14 goals, and Barca from 2005 needed more than 7 matches on average to score 14 goals

Again, those stats are, imo, perfectly logical, but then people will look at them as an attack on Messi and Ney, because anything that questions their achievements is not welcomed, no matter how logical/objective those questions/remarks are)

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry bbz, had to delete one of your posts along with linnety's drivel. Don't waste time quoting personal attacks as those aren't allowed here and will be deleted.

I am sorry if there are users who can't stand reading negative opinions on Neymar but that doesn't mean they are allowed to come in here attacking other users.

From what I saw so far from certain individuals, it's either you are labeled as hater, get insults or if you persist in explaining you get "lol wall of text won't read" kind od reply.

Topics function as discussions on players (as in title), not: let's insult whoever doesn't agree with me.

Back on topic: Anyone with a compilation of missed chances from Cordoba? :)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
(A wall of text, sorry)

I am not saying that there aren't bad/illogical comments from both sides.

But to make it simpler, let's only make only 5 "levels" of comments.
1. overhyping in admiration:
= for example: Ney scored almost the same amount of Goals as CR7
2. a regular positive post:
= a very good game from Ney today
3. a neutral post:
= ok game. He had some good and some bad passes/decisions
4. a regular negative post:
= he wasn't good today, too many mistakes
5. overhyping in hate towards Ney:
= he is horrible, he loses so many balls, he doesn't play football at all, but only posts on social medias, takes stupid pictures and plays poker

Now, even in this example, you will get my point:
1. when someone posts insanely illogical post in overhyping Ney or Messi, like in the point no1
= majority of forum will either say: yes, I agree, Neymar is maybe even better than CR7 today
-- or, users won't comment anything
-- but more or less nobody will say: What a crap. Wtf are you people talking about?
2. if you say a positive post:
= come on, Ney, you should score against Bayern
-- nobody will jump or whine
3. neutral posts
-- ok, you will get some replies here already
-- if you say: he wasn't that good today, you will already get replies like:
"No, he had a few Messi like dribbles or that was just one off game"
-- so, you see, some people will already get offended even if a post is neutral
-- so, anything except "positive" posts will get replies and some disagreement
4. if you post a slightly negative post like: "He was poor yesterday"
-- an army of lovers will reply: but he was good in this whole Season, this was just one bad match.
Lol, who cares about the whole season?
The post explicitly said: he was poor YESTERDAY.
-- why there is a need to defend him and say that he was good over the whole season?
-- yes, he was. But he was still a crap yesterday.
= so, you see, even slightly negative posts which are 100% objective will bring some discussions and unnecessary "minor fights/discussions"
5. overhyped negative posts and exaggerations, like my post about not scoring a goal from an open play, or Bojan's remark about poker=well you know how the forum will explode (lol) after those remarks

That is what I am talking about.
This is not a free forum for expressing opinions and views about our team and players.
This is like a fan page where only hailing and excessive overhyping is allowed/welcomed, and any neutral/bad posts will be reported, will get a lot of hate, or you will get replies like: "Are you a Barca fan at all?" Lol

For example, I am avoiding now posting in Messi's and Ney's topic because of everything written above.
For example, this is what I would written about yesterday's match on some neutral forum, this is my opinion, NOT trolling and NOT an attempt to anger anyone, just my honest opinion as Barca's fan:
1. an awesome win yesterday
2. but also 6:0 and 8:0 in 4 days also show how a statpadding contest La liga has became (against bottom table teams), and how stats from Messi, Ney, Cr7 are extremely "inflated"
3. Ney wasn't too good yesterday
4. also, I am angry at Messi
= we had 2-3 easier matches before Bayern, and he didn't rest nor a single minute
-- we talked about his stamina 2 weeks ago, and he just plays and plays every f***ing match
-- if he won't be on 120% against Bayern and we will get knocked out, of course that I will blame him because he needed to waste his energy in statpadding contest matches, where we could have won even with Pedro-Munir-Rafinha attack easily

So, you see, none of these 4 points are trolling, hating or anything.
Each of those 4 points make a lot of sense, imo.

But now, imagine If I would persist in posting those views on Messi's and Ney's topic, instead of hailing Messi's 50 goals this Season or Ney's numbers.
Users would kill me, right?

(Again, just imagine my new post how La liga is a statpadding contest after 14 goals in 4 days
-- in 2004-05 with Ronnie and Etoo:
-- we scored 0-1-2 goals in 25 out of 38 matches
-- scored 3 Goals in a match in 7 matches
-- scored 4 goals in a match in 6 matches
-- and we haven't scored more than 4 goals in any match over 38 rounds
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004–05_FC_Barcelona_season
-- in the last 2 matches, the current Barca scored 14 goals, and Barca from 2005 needed more than 7 matches on average to score 14 goals

Again, those stats are, imo, perfectly logical, but then people will look at them as an attack on Messi and Ney, because anything that questions their achievements is not welcomed, no matter how logical/objective those questions/remarks are)

I agree. The messi thread is the worst. You are not allowed to make a single criticism of the man.

On neymar specifically I think he is doing well above expectations seeing how young he is and it's only his second season. His game is not tuned yet but already a very effective player.

LordLichtenstein

Okay, let us all hate on Neymar who recently turned 23, but despite his young age, has scored incredible 33 goals this season, some of which was MIGHTY important. Please, let us all hate. Sure, he is not perfect, but who is at the age of 23?

Oh, and not to forget. Neymar has been directly involved in 1.04 goals+assists per 90 minutes this season. Please be so kind to point me in the direction of another recently 23 year old with stats like these. Please.

On another note, yeah, not his best game yesterday, but let us not forget what the kid has done for us this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans