11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaOG

Banned
Neymar's fantastic, you silly lot. A 33 (or 32?) goal season? Fantastic. Could not be happier with his contribution and attitude.

lessthanjake

I think people should be a little more realistic.

You guys expect a player like Neymar to play like one of the top handful of players in the world EVERY game. But here's the thing. Even very top players are somewhat inconsistent. If someone played like one of the best players in the world EVERY match, they'd most likely be easily the best player in the world and probably one of the greatest players ever. That's basically what we have with Messi: a player who is consistently world class every single match. But that is absolutely an exception. Most top players, even players who are all-time greats, are still merely mediocre like half the time. For instance, think about someone as highly regarded as Zidane. The man was an average player half the time, particularly in La Liga matches. And I'm not criticizing Zidane. My point is that that's the norm. Every player except Messi will have plenty of absolutely mediocre matches. So it seems silly to me for people to complain about that.

The fact is that Neymar has scored over 30 goals in a season while playing on the wing. He has an outside chance of ending up with 40 goals. And that is all without being the main penalty taker (or free kick taker for that matter). You give him penalty duties, and his goal tally wouldn't be that far below Ronaldo. Obviously there's more to the game than just goals, but it's really hard to say a wing player with 30+ non-penalty goals has had anything but a fantastic season.

Last edited:
Obviously there's more to the game than just goals, but it's really hard to say a wing player with 30+ non-penalty goals has had anything but a fantastic season.
It's hard but its the same thing that separates Messi from Cristiano despite even numbers.

Fact is Neymar can improve a lot (alot alot :pep:) and that's a good thing. His ceiling is high.

Tiny Kim

I'm sorry but when guys like Luuk de Jong, Sam Larsson, even Afonso Alves back in the days score for fun, it only means one thing and one thing only. The Eredivisie is nowhere near the level of the Brazilian Serie A which tbh isn't even close to being as good as it used to.

So how much did Soldado score in La Liga the 3 seasons before he moved to Tottenham? Oh yeah, I forgot. Any argument is only valid when it makes the Brazilian League look stronger. Okay gotcha'. :rolleyes:

jlim632

One thing for sure about neymar is that he isnt ronaldinho. However thiago is more like in the mould of dinho. What a pity because we have eto o in the form of Suarez but not dinho.

Jadentheman

Yes Neymar only has it in the form of his dribbling, tricks and skills. But He doesn't have his decision making or playmaking abilities :(

Thiago does with his passing but he's not as proficient in his trickster dribbling

Icarium

Lifestealer
Time for Neymar to turn the doubters into believers.

There will be doubters even if he delivers. What could be the problem? his playing style? his social presence? damage to barca because of his transfer? Could be any of the reasons or could be all of them.

For me he has delivered quite a number of big moments this season. Obviously not as much as messi but still helped the team immensely. He had a bad run too, i hope he will have a great match against bayern. Less showboating and more output.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Time for Neymar to turn the doubters into believers.

They will be happy that he helped the team win if he scores against Bayern (the biggest match of the season so far) but will crush him again when we comfortably win against Real Sociedad despite him having a bad game.

neymar has been clutch this season, even "doubters" know this.
Based on his performances this season I'd say it's much more likely that ney will get on the scoresheet with an ok display than fail to do so in spite of great overall play.

BBZ8800

They will be happy that he helped the team win if he scores against Bayern (the biggest match of the season so far) but will crush him again when we comfortably win against Real Sociedad despite him having a bad game.

I personally don't care if he scores or not against Bayern.

For me, he will be more or less a success if we win at least La liga this Season.
If we will win both La liga+Cl (or even only a CL), he will be our legend, together with all of our current players.

But if we somehow manage to lose both La liga and a CL in the final 6 matches, oh boy, well then this topic will get to 1000 pages in a few days :lol:

Imo, a fair deal, from "a Neyhater", isn't it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans