11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

namaria

Neymar: “I'm a big fan of Cristiano Ronaldo. He's a legend, one of a kind. It would be very good if he played at Barça
Neymar: “I admire Guardiola and Mourinho. I've been following their paths for some time but Luis Enrique is my coach and I defend Barça.”
Neymar: “I love playing with my teammates and I feel very proud to be part of this team.” #fcblive [a bola]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Did he really say that? Did he learn nothing of Barca ethos in the dressing room?
Fucking Ronaldo and Mourinho? Get the feck out

serghei

It was an interview with a Portuguese newspaper. It's polite to talk well about Mourinho and Ronaldo when talking with Portuguese media.

Xavi talked to the Guardian and said this about english football and english fans in particular:

"It's incredible. Una pasada. Now that is football. England really is the birthplace, the heart and soul of football. If Barcelona had Liverpool's fans, or Arsenal's, or United's, we'd have won 20 Champions Leagues, hahaha! OK, so that's an exaggeration but I've never seen anything like it. We won 3-1 at Liverpool once and we were both applauded off the pitch. In England, footballers are respected more, the game is more noble, there's less cheating. Every Spaniard who goes loves it – and comes back a better player. If I had ever left it would have been to England".

So, do you think the bolded part especially is an insult to Barca and Barca's fans, [MENTION=2]Bojan[/MENTION]?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No. There's a difference in praising atmosphere in English stadium and praising fucking Mourinho and Ronaldo.
So don't pretend otherwise.

And Xavi earned to say whatever he pleases after 35 years in Barcelona so don't put him in same sentence as Neymar.

serghei

Messi nominated Mourinho for as the 3rd best manager in the world in 2014, and said he is a great coach more than once. That sounds like praising to me. Neymar is not the first Barca player to praise Mourinho and Ronaldo. It's normal stuff to speak well about important/successful people from your profession, especially when asked about them by a major publication from their birth country.

Mourinho also praised Barca and Messi on numerous times.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Neymar put Guardiola and Mourinho (admire) in same sentence and said be was a big fan of Ronaldo.
There's a big difference between Neymar fanboying Mou and Ronaldo and Messi acknowledging Mou as great manager after years playing against him.

Mou stuck his finger in Tito's eyes and incited aggression and hate against Barca players so please don't quote how he praises Barca because whatever he says is worthless.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Never understood why someone would hate their own players so much. You jump at everything there is about Neymar while he is clearly accepted and praised by his teammates, winning titles with them and becoming a Barca legend.

serghei

I'm pretty sure Neymar didn't mean he admires Mourinho for his stupid reactions. I'm pretty sure he admires his winning mentality and his great achievements as a manager. Winning the CL with Porto and Inter is not something many managers whould have achieved, if any for that matter, so his career in football is amazing.

Nobody at Barca (including Neymar) defends Mourinho for his eye-poke reaction at Tito, or for his "Messi stinks" theatric, or for his Eva Carneiro outburst. But you can admire the man for his managerial skills. The same with Ronaldo. He's kind of a jerk these days, but his football can be amazing and is a true professional for the way he handles his body and for other factors as well. Plenty of things to admire at both Ronaldo, and Mourinho, while not thinking they are men without flaws, because they are not, obviously. I don't think Neymar said they are in the first place, that's something you added on your own, on top of Neymar's words.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You've added stuff of your own that are irrelevant to the topic. " Admire Ronaldo, way he takes care of his body?" What?
Obviously you can admire Hitler as well for the way he employed entire Germany and built autobahns. Your comment and comparison is totally irrelevant.

serghei

You've added stuff of your own that are irrelevant to the topic. " Admire Ronaldo, way he takes care of his body?" What?
Obviously you can admire Hitler as well for the way he employed entire Germany and built autobahns. Your comment and comparison is totally irrelevant.

Mourinho is just a football manager. He is not the devil or anything. He did some bad gestures, he apologized, all has passed anyway. I don't see any reason why a Barca player can't admire Mourinho or Ronaldo. As I said, they're not the devil in human form, and have plenty of things that are worthy of admiration.

I don't see a problem when a Barca player admires two people that have achieved great success in football, one as a player, and one as a manager.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans