11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
NeyNey just needs to be dealt with properly. Lucho needs to give him tough love. If you perform badly, you don't get to attend your sisters birthday, even when you have a suspension or whatever.

And he needs hard core competition for his spot.

BBZ8800

He proved leadership in Oct-Nov 2015, but he decided it was enough for now and just let Messi do it all.

I don't fully agree.

Neymar is extremely hot and cold player.
For example, we all know that he CAN play on a level where he was the 2nd or the 3rd best player in the world.
But the problem is that this is how it goes with him:
1. he plays in a god-like mode for 2-3 Months
2. then he gets tons of praise
3. then he fells in love with himself and in love with that praise
4. and then he starts his stupid period of play like in Spring 2015 and Spring 2016 with keeping the ball too long, dribbling for no reason, trying illogical tricks, provoking the opponents even more, getting into fights easily, scoring 0 or 1-2 goals in 3-4 Months etc

Then, after some time of being a crap, he somehow goes back into a god-like mode, and then the same story:
1. he plays simpler, faster and more efficient
2. he plays awesome for 2-3-4 Months
3. he gets tons of praise again
4. he loses his head again because of the praise, fells in love with himsfelf and again changes his style to ballhogging, illogical dribbles and decisions, playing too slow, provoking opponents on purpose, fighting with everyone etc

So, CAN Neymar play at the highest level?
= YES
Can he do it CONSISTENTLY over 1 season, or at least long enough so that we don't suffer as a club?
= I don't believe in that anymore. He is just too hot and cold (he is not 19 anymore, either)

About him being a leader:
Can he be a leader?
= YES, sometimes
Can he a be a leader on longer periods, like 2-3-4 years, where he would stay calm in his head all the time, being both the leader/example (like Ronnie/Messi) and a great/decisive player whenever we need him?
= imo, one big NO

The way how I see him is:
= he is a perfect "helper" to a guy like Ronnie or Messi.
He can work that way. Messi or Ronnie would take the responsibility, and Neymar will follow them and from time to time offer insane periods of his game.
But him as a one-man leader for the best club in the world, Barca, I just don't see him at that level.

For Barca, he just goes into extremes too often from god-like Months to Pedro-in-his-worst-days-mode, as a player.
Currently, I can't rely on him that he will be in a god-mode when we need him the most, (in the future) in April and May against Real, Bayern and Atletico in CL quarters and semis.
Maybe he will deliver, maybe he won't.
He is extremely unpredictable.
A slightly too unpredictable to be a key player at Barca, and to be a player on whom we could always rely, like or Ronnie or Messi in the last 10-12 years.
How many times has Ronnie disappointed us when we needed him (once in 8-10 matches, at most).

Also, as a Barca's leader, he just goes into too many fights, incidents etc. (And no, it is NOT because he get kicked all the time. All other top players get kicked all the time also, and Ney is the one with the highest amount of idiotisms and fights with everyone around the pitch).

So again, imo, for Barca's future, we will either need a new playmaker/leader.
Or we will need a guy like Reus or someone one day who will share at least 50:50 responsibility/leadership with Neymar, cause there is NO WAY that Ney could lead this club alone (or being a key player alone with way weaker players around him, like in a Brazilian NT).

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Remeber the last Season, this time of the year.

Some users were against him because of how his form dropped in February, March and April.
I was posting half-joke&half-serious line "xx minutes without a goal from an open play from Neymar".

It may seemed like Neyhate or Neytrolling back then, but what we have now, after 3 years from our most expensive and most controversial signing in our history?
1. average season 2013/14
2. world class season 2014/15, with one Fabregas-eque period of 3 Months in February-March-April when he played like a crap
3. another average season, with a very good start and now with another Fabregas-esque period in the same time as in the last year

The last time it seemed that Neymar is a world class player, who only has "occasional" dips in form.
Currently, it seems that he is more like an average or overhyped player, with "occasional" periods of world-class form.

If anyone is interested, just a random fact:
= Neymar hasn't scored a goal from an open play (AGAIN) for 612 minutes in a key moment of a season:
Arsenal 3:1 (Neymar scores in the 18th minute)
-- after that 72 min minutes in that match without a goal, and then:
Villareal 2:2, 90 mins
Real 1:2, 90 mins
Atletico 2:1, 90 mins
Sociedad 0:1, 90 mins
Atletico 0:2, 90 mins
Valencia 1:2, 90 mins

Also, THE SAME as in the last season, when he was in a god-mode in August-September-October-November-December-January, he turned into an invisible mode in spring, THE SAME as in this season.

So, let's see how Neymar AGAIN played this season in Februrary-March-April:
1. Atletico, La Liga 2:1, --
2. Valencia, Cdr 7:0, --
3. Levante 2:0, --
4. Celta 6:1, 1 goal
5. Gijon 3:1, --
6. Las Palmas 2:1, 1 goal
7. Arsenal 2:0, --
8. Sevilla 2:1, --
9. Rayo 5:1, --
10. Getafe 6:0, 2 goals
11. Arsenal 3:1, 1 goal
12. Villareal 2:2, -- (Pk goal)
13. Real 1:2, 90 --
14. Atletico 2:1, --
15. Sociedad 0:1, --
16. Atletico 0:2, --
17. Valencia 1:2, --

In the last 17 matches, he scored goal(s) on 4 matches:
-- Arsenal, Celta, Las Palmas and Getafe (and a Pk against Villareal)
In the last 11 matches, he scored goal(s) on 2 matches:
-- Arsenal and Getafe (2). He didn't score in 9 other matches in a KEY part of a season

Also, I will add a question for the future:
Who will be our leader after Messi will be gone?
And whom will we buy from superstar attackers?

Since there is no way in hell that this guy will be Barca's leader in 3-4 years from now on.

Our leaders/key players in the last 20 years were:
1. Figo
2. Rivaldo
3. Ronaldinho
4. Messi

Neymar doesn't have the leadership ability of any of these guys, nor he has (imo) the talent to be a key-player in Barca.
So, one for the future:
We will either need to buy a new player and create a pairing of xx (a new guy)-Neymar leadership for the future.
Or sell him in 1-2-3-4 years and just buy a new guy who will be a better/more quality leader.

Dude, please never put Fucking Figo on that list.

Rivaldo was twice the player.

When it comes to leadership Xavi, Puyol and even Valdes were leaders.

At the moment only Mascherano is showing some balls.

bastardo

This BBZ guy again. You don't need both the leadership and talent to come from one player. If you look at bayern, its not obvious who is the "leader" amongst the players nor is it clear who is THE best player in the team either. If a team of professional athletes need one or two players to lead and then they can player better again, there is something else is wrong.

BBZ8800

This BBZ guy again. You don't need both the leadership and talent to come from one player. If you look at bayern, its not obvious who is the "leader" amongst the players nor is it clear who is THE best player in the team either. If a team of professional athletes need one or two players to lead and then they can player better again, there is something else is wrong.

I don't rate Bayern as high as Barca.
Bayern is awesome in the last 5 years and a European powerhouse.
And even though they had awesome moments in the last 20 years, Barca is at least one step infront of them over the last 20 years.

Further, Bayern's game/tactics/mentality is slightly different than Barca's.
They are (and always were) more like a team/collective and less a one-man/leader show.
Barca and Real were always more like teams (slightly less collective than Bayern) with 2-3 world class guys who will bring the teams to the heights with their individual brilliance.

Someone will say how we were a brilliant collective in Pep's era, true.
But more or less, during our history, Barca and Real were always teams led by awesome individuals (Romario, Stoichkov, Ronaldo the Brasilian, Rivaldo, the one whom we can't mention, Ronaldinho, Messi or Ronaldo the Brazilian, Zidane, Figo, Cr7 on the other side etc).

I mean, we play the same formation for the last 15 years, without too many inovations.
We don't have a plan B for 20 years, except on some rare occasions.

Our mentality and our game is just designed that way.

Further, our most "collective" seasons were 2006 with an individual brilliance of Ronnie, Etoo and young Messi.
Helped by a collective play by Xavi, Iniesta and Deco.

Or seasons 2009-2011 with individual brilliance of Messi, Henry, Etoo and collective with a key ingredient Xavi-Iniesta (Busi) in the middle.

Now, if you remove Xavi-Iniesta from these maths, since La Masia isn't that lucky anymore, and since we'll probably never have as good midfield ever, what can you do then?
Rely on a collective effort from players like Roberto, Rafinha and similar in the future? Well...

That means that our only option is, as more or less always, too have a world class attacking line.
And then again, when you remove Messi from these maths in the future, what do we have?
Neymar? Oh well...

So, in shorter:
1. in our DNA is to have one style of play/one system which needs 1-2-3 world class individual attacking players to make this system work
2. we won't have Xavi-Iniesta ever again
3. we won't have Messi ever again

When you sum everything, I am surely not horribly wrong when I say that Neymar alone (without Messi-Xavi-Iniesta) can in no way lead this team/system.

Last edited:

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Neymar could've been annihilated there if Leo didn't go and calm them down. Mustafi almost killed him with his lazor eyes.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Neymar could've been annihilated there if Leo didn't go and calm them down. Mustafi almost killed him with his lazor eyes.

Well that's just a very stupid thing to do to be honest... already was ashamed when he did this in the last Copa America with Brazil, and now he goes and does it with us.

After what happened against Espanyol and the consequences for Suarez, he should know better !

But hey, who knows, may be next game is standing between him and a friend's birthday party.. we wouldn't want him to miss that!

:facepalm:

Devils

He's actually going to get banned for a game or two isn't he?

I can't believe its gotten to the point where I don't know if him being absent is a good or bad thing for us.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
[tw]721987798430060544[/tw]

Pretty much says Barto will allow Neymar to go to Olympics and CA because he doesn't want a conflict

aO9nso.gif

BarçaBarça

He's actually going to get banned for a game or two isn't he?

I can't believe its gotten to the point where I don't know if him being absent is a good or bad thing for us.

I read that the ref. didn't include it in his report, so according to the spanish rules it didn't happen :)facepalm:). Would have been fully deserved.

I like to think that Lucho would have played Nolito instead of him or subbed him out in the last couple of games, but maybe I'm just dreaming (surely it would have helped the team, though - and him as he would get rest). He really has been dreadful and contributed with nothing other than bad attitude for a long time now :(

(...but of course selling him, as some in here suggest, is a joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans