11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Let's not overreact. He's having an awful form, but that's it. It doesn't mean he can't be great in CL next season for example, and win it again with Messi and Suarez. We need to dig deep and grind out 5 wins against mediocre teams from La Liga (5 of the last 8 teams from La Liga). This bad form will pass, but it's important to not cost us a League title. Losing La Liga would be a disaster. Fuck the CL, La Liga is the most important competition, and losing it would be the biggest failure for Barcelona since the 2007-08 season imo.

Loosing LaLiga would be a complete disaster indeed.

Obviously the best scenario would be for him to stop acting out and get the level we know he has back.

Problem, and reality, is that I don't see how we can make that happen quickly, as the latest action from Bartomeu was to basically tell him (and the squad, and Lucho) you can do whateeeeeever the f% you want and we won't do anything about it.

I think Messi and Iniesta should talk to him, just like Xavi did last season after he threw a tantrum when Lucho subbed him against Celta.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Messi isn't the confrontational type though so even though he's good friends I don't see Messi trying to set him aside and rock the boat so to speak.

Vlom

I know, and to be honest I don't think it's Iniesta's style either... may be Mascherano.

Idk, but someone needs to wake him up, it's clear it won't be Bartomeu, and it won't be Lucho either since it'll probably come back to bite him if he confronts/benches Ney.

Mitchell1978

He needs to be 'the man'? He's been utterly sh*t since January and tonight he was ultramegasupergarbage, you think building our team around Ney would be a good idea lol?!

No, au contraire, i think if PSG want to break the bank for him we should contemplate it, my point is that might best for everyone.

JackaL

I love how people react so quickly, some even say "sell him". Believe me, any team (esp. RM) would be more than happy to sign him. Read the comments in January (Ballon D'Or) and you'll see how everybody was about him having deserved his place, being the second best player etc. He has an awful form, still I think he doesn't deserve so much shit here.

El Flaco

It isn't entirely true that he has been shit since the new year, there still have been plenty of good games/moments from him (though not at the level of october-november 2015) but right now he is really out of form. I also keep thinking for him to play to his full potential he needs to be "the man", be the focal point, he won't get that at barca at least not for 2 or more years if ever

He proved leadership in Oct-Nov 2015

The majority were against average/poor teams likes Rayo Vallecano, Getafe, SD Eibar, BATE Borisov x2 and Neverkusen.

But once we'd a very, very tough game against Sevilla at Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán, Neymar was a disappointment unfortunaly.

JamDav1982

The majority were against average/poor teams likes Rayo Vallecano, Getafe, SD Eibar, BATE Borisov x2 and Neverkusen.

But once we'd a very, very tough game against Sevilla at Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán, Neymar was a disappointment unfortunaly.

Thats not accurate at all.

Ney scored and assisted away to Real Madrid. Scored twice at home to Villareal and scored away to Sevilla in game Barca were unlucky to lose.

Interlop

Yeah, Neymar during the first half of the season is way above Neymar this half of the season, I don't know what happened to him. He genuinely was the Best Player in the world with the way he played, IMO.

Vlom

Thats not accurate at all.

Ney scored and assisted away to Real Madrid. Scored twice at home to Villareal and scored away to Sevilla in game Barca were unlucky to lose.

Have to agree with JamDav here, Ney against Sevilla was by a distance our best player, and was showing already some of the skills & leadership by the example he kept on producing while Messi was out, and obviously the Clasico.

He is world class, and he totally deserved his place on the Balon d'Or podium, that's not up for questioning.

But the problem is that Neymar is gone a-woll, and the question at this point is will he come back, because his problems are not footballistic, it's behavioural, his attitude has went to shit, and I'm seriously questioning his implication in football at all right now.

Cause the other thing, it's not just with Barça, honestly brazilians too can (and some were) unhappy with how he behavied with the NT during intl break.

Will he come back ?? That's the 190M€ question.

Barcilliant

In this case, Neymar should shut the fuck up when he is subbed in min.60 or starts the next La Liga campaign on the fucking bench. Let us buy a good striker and put some of our stars in their place. They have started to think they are above the team. One of the reasons why having too many stars in the team could be detrimental if the attitude is not right.

100% true.

This is also why a team like Am can over achieve. Not too many stars and a manager who is in charge AT ALL TIMES.

Barcilliant

Neymar deserves to get the verbal beat-down he is getting from Barca fans on this forum and the Nou Camp like he did yesterday.

He's been pathetic footballing-wise and his attitude is even worse. He throws tantrums on the pitch and sooks like a child after losing the match. Seriously, attacking the Valencia player after the match yesterday was one of the most pathetic displays of sportsmanship I have ever seen from a Barca player.

Why the FUCK shouldn't he be benched? What right does he have to complain and protest about being benched?

The guy hasn't even contributed 1/4 of what players like Busi, Masch or Iniesta have contributed to Barca, yet they don't complain about being benched or subbed off. We used to have players and managers who would slap some sense into players like this.

His inconsistency, toxic attitude, selfishness, inflated ego and celebrity status are very valid points of worry and criticism for a 24 year guy who is widely regarded as the future of this club.

If he is the future God help us.

At least after Ronnie we had Messi.

Now we have noone after Messi.

Total-Football

I'd call that a new low .. :facepalm:

your critic game is activated in here and you loose your senses there ..

i defend Neymar a lot but arguing with a team mate that's something that needs to be adressed . maybe the frustration but it doesnt justify this s**t behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans