11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
So we agreed he'll play the Olympics and when it's time for Copa America, they'll file a complaint to FIFA, because CA unlike the olympics is under FIFA, and we're obligated to let the player go to a FIFA tournament if he's called by his own country.

I know I'd do it...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So we agreed he'll play the Olympics and when it's time for Copa America, they'll file a complaint to FIFA, because CA unlike the olympics is under FIFA, and we're obligated to let the player go to a FIFA tournament if he's called by his own country.

I know I'd do it...

Copa America is before the Olympics. If they pull such a move, we'll not allow Neymar to participate in the Olympics as Barca are not obliged to release him for it.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Copa America is before the Olympics. If they pull such a move, we'll not allow Neymar to participate in the Olympics as Barca are not obliged to release him for it.

It is? I always thought it was the other way around. In that case, it's all okay.

Yea, just checked it..

CA: 3-26 June
OG: 3-20 August

But they can still fuck us over, force us to let Neymar go to Copa America and then say we already have an agreement on the Olympics part and say that agreeing on the CA part is against other regulations :lol:

Holy shit, does the Brazil FA want to hire me now?

Total-Football

someone elighten me please .. i know the next copa america is exceptionally organized to celebrate some shit

question 1 : is it official to the fifa records ?
question 2 : if it's official , than how on earth would Neymar play the olympics instead of Copa America that doesnt make sense !! that's like grizman choosing to play the olympics instead of the euros !

DonAK

someone elighten me please .. i know the next copa america is exceptionally organized to celebrate some shit

question 1 : is it official to the fifa records ?
question 2 : if it's official , than how on earth would Neymar play the olympics instead of Copa America that doesnt make sense !! that's like grizman choosing to play the olympics instead of the euros !

Yes.

And because Brazil have won every trophy but the Olympic Gold, so that one is more important to them, especially since it's in Rio.

Total-Football

what a stupid excuse lmao .. i think they know they have practically zero chance at the copa america so they pulled out this magic trick .. let's prioritize a golden medal among a thousand other possible golden medals over the real deal

DonAK

what a stupid excuse lmao .. i think they know they have practically zero chance at the copa america so they pulled out this magic trick .. let's prioritize a golden medal among a thousand other possible golden medals over the real deal

Not an excuse. Brazil have been talking about this since Rio was awarded the Olympics and they failed at the last hinder in London 2012. It's clearly been their priority for a good few years now and besides, there was a Copa America last year, and there is one in 2019.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Conmebol isn't stupid. The players Argentina have are hugely popular all over the world and all of them are in their prime. Meaning they may lose money in 4 years. So they come up with an excuse to have it 1 year after the last one.

Besides, Conmebol can help out one of their "own" too. They want another all-time great player in the list who comes from them and Messi is an international cup away from being one (in the eyes of many many people)

It's imo all about money and increasing their prestige through creating symbols.

DonAK

Conmebol isn't stupid. The players Argentina have are hugely popular all over the world and all of them are in their prime. Meaning they may lose money in 4 years. So they come up with an excuse to have it 1 year after the last one.

Besides, Conmebol can help out one of their "own" too. They want another all-time great player in the list who comes from them and Messi is an international cup away from being one (in the eyes of many many people)

It's imo all about money and increasing their prestige through creating symbols.

It's the 100th anniversary of the Copa America. Announced in 2012.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
It's the 100th anniversary of the Copa America. Announced in 2012.

Well. Everything else still fits. I just remembered the copa centario kind of came out of the blue after Chile won. My bad.

And I'm just adding it all as a possible option beside the Olympics in Rio which have never been won by Brazil. There usually are "hidden motives" to have such events.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans