11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total-Football

about the buyout clause .. let's say Manchester wanted to break it like bayern did with Martinez , do they have the right to pay it in portions ? because if not , Barca can demand the whole 190M, if that's the case, then buying Neymar is not realistic at all , and to my knowledge if you wanna break the buyout you need to pay the whole sum.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
about the buyout clause .. let's say Manchester wanted to break it like bayern did with Martinez , do they have the right to pay it in portions ? because if not , Barca can demand the whole 190M, if that's the case, then buying Neymar is not realistic at all , and to my knowledge if you wanna break the buyout you need to pay the whole sum.

Pay the whole sum + tax.

Unless the club agree to sell him. Then they can agree to a payment structure.

Total-Football

Pay the whole sum + tax.

Unless the club agree to sell him. Then they can agree to a payment structure.

that's what i thought , then it's impossible .. literally , you can have every Madrid bank by your side and u can't because of the Financial fair play rules.

Sterlingfan2000

Noone is gonna pay 220€ Million for a football Player. Its 1/4 Billion for someone who is just playing with his legs. It would be even madness for United and PSG

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
If it doesn't change anything, why is the Neyclan so reluctant to increase it as high as possible ? :)

PSG only has to sell Cavani and one of Marquinhos/David Luiz for example, then it's only 100M more so no more FFP problems ...

Heck, even Juventus only has to sell Pogba and they probably don't have FFP bullshit to deal with.

In a world where Pogba, James, Dybala, Martial, Sterling, etc ;. are 70 to 100M players, 190 is not enough for Neymar.

This is pretty astonishing, every season we're mind blown by the numbers paid for more than average player .. and here we are, acting like someone paying Ney's fees would be science fiction.. I don't get it.

Vlom

EDIT : Yeah you're probably right DonAK.

We'll get used to getting assf%%ed by NeySR anyway, I just need more time apparently.

Last edited:

Total-Football

Neymar is smart , players make more money of their own commercial brand than from football , playing with Barca is more lucrative than playing for psg even if they double his salary if we are speaking medium-long term . do you think Ronaldo gives a shit about Real Madrid or any team for that matter ? No ! he moved from an extreamly solid Man united to a shaky Real Madrid because he's smart, he knows that playing for Real would help him expand his brand , 7 years fast forward and his vision is concrete. To make a long story short , Neymar will be here for years to come , not because he loves the club , but because it's best for him financially and footballistically.

JamDav1982

If it doesn't change anything, why is the Neyclan so reluctant to increase it as high as possible ? :)

PSG only has to sell Cavani and one of Marquinhos/David Luiz for example, then it's only 100M more so no more FFP problems ...

Heck, even Juventus only has to sell Pogba and they probably don't have FFP bullshit to deal with.

In a world where Pogba, James, Dybala, Martial, Sterling, etc ;. are 70 to 100M players, 190 is not enough for Neymar.

This is pretty astonishing, every season we're mind blown by the numbers paid for more than average player .. and here we are, acting like someone paying Ney's fees would be science fiction.. I don't get it.

He is in the position to negotiate and do what he wants or thinks is best for him.

Contracts are a compromise between club and player.

Why does he want buy out clause at that level? Maybe it helps him in future negotiations to have more leverage for a better deal. Maybe he wants a bit of freedom if potentially there are clubs that can pay and he wants to leave.

Neymar has that right to look after himself just as every other player does. Just as any player at Barca can. Why has Busi a fairly low buy out? Why does Messi have a relatively low one not increased with last contract.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tbh. We already got shafted when we signed him with all those hidden fees. I imagine this will surpass it by some margin (wages + covering Ney Sr legal fuck-ups)

Vlom

He is in the position to negotiate and do what he wants or thinks is best for him.

Contracts are a compromise between club and player.

Why does he want buy out clause at that level? Maybe it helps him in future negotiations to have more leverage for a better deal. Maybe he wants a bit of freedom if potentially there are clubs that can pay and he wants to leave.

Neymar has that right to look after himself just as every other player does. Just as any player at Barca can. Why has Busi a fairly low buy out? Why does Messi have a relatively low one not increased with last contract.

The only answer that makes sense and that no one wanted to phrase like this, coming up with a thousand excuses and hypothesis of who can or can not pay 190M.

Neymar wants it all, and he has the club on their knees so yes, of course he'll do it, it's what's best for him and him only.

But don't come to me with bullshit that it's because of Messi or 190 is enough or whatever, he wants it to stay low so he can leverage it again in a season or two to multiply his wage by threatening to leave again.

JamDav1982

The only answer that makes sense and that no one wanted to phrase like this, coming up with a thousand excuses and hypothesis of who can or can not pay 190M.

Neymar wants it all, and he has the club on their knees so yes, of course he'll do it, it's what's best for him and him only.

But don't come to me with bullshit that it's because of Messi or 190 is enough or whatever, he wants it to stay low so he can leverage it again in a season or two to multiply his wage by threatening to leave again.

It is not a case of Neymar wanting it all or having the club on its knees though he is looking after himself as Messi does, as Busi has done etc.

You have said already the huge money Ney brings to a club and thats why they would try and sign him well that rule also applies to Barca and far from bringing club to its knees he is one of the players bringing in the money to justify the wages etc.

Cant have one rule about Ney being marketable and bringing so much money for some clubs to pay 400m for him and it be worth it and then claim he is bleeding Barca dry for tripling his wages.

He doesnt have the club under any power threat. The moment it is not viable to keep increasing his wages he can go and the club get 220m for him.

Vlom

Do you see Messi or Busi flirting with other clubs all season long ?

Sorry but I reaaally don't feel as confortable with Ney as I do with our other players, no one, not one, has acted like he has in terms of teasing other clubs to pressure Barça.

After all this I really expect(ed) a better gesture from their part in regards to the buyout, since he's getting pretty much everything else he asked for in October, even though his level has dropped substancially since then... I just wanted to put this "is neymar staying" debate behind us, and just fight over if he's beeing shit or not :lol:

BUT, okey, he's greedy and loyal to no one, I can live with that, don't have to like it, at least it makes sense, contrary to every other argument given to defend him until your answer.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Jammy speaking as if the club knows what they are doing. They couldn't afford Nolito ffs. and are month away from having no shirt sponsor.

Barca will get shafted make no doubt about that. Will it be worth it down the line? We'll see and bloody well hope so.

JamDav1982

Do you see Messi or Busi flirting with other clubs all season long ?

Sorry but I reaaally don't feel as confortable with Ney as I do with our other players, no one, not one, has acted like he has in terms of teasing other clubs to pressure Barça.

After all this I really expect(ed) a better gesture from their part in regards to the buyout, since he's getting pretty much everything else he asked for in October, even though his level has dropped substancially since then...

BUT, okey, he's greedy and loyal to no one, I can live with that, don't have to like it, at least it makes sense, contrary to every other argument given to defend him until your answer.

What has he done to 'flirt with clubs'?

Things he does you go overboard on. I have seen Messi praise Mourinho, follow Chelsea, fly to London when linked. I have seen Busi in interviews say Pep is the one man that could tempt him away. All of this when contracts are being discussed.

They all get up to this type of thing.

Whether you trust Ney less or not that is up to you. I dont think it is about that and if he wants to leave one day then so be it the club get a huge fee and a player that has brought in a lot of income to justify big wages etc.

I would bet anything he could get even better wages elsewhere though.

Players look after themselves. Messi didnt increase his buy out last time as it gives him a stronger point to negotiate from an an earlier new contract if teams are willing to pay his buy out.

This is nothing unusual really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans