11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

The weirder thing about all those stories, to me, is that MD is the one pushing a lot of them. They have a poll asking what to do with the 190m from his buyout, and now a piece saying Neymar stopped the works of his new house in Barcelona. As they are the board's paper, it's strange they're insisting so much with this.
Honestly this sounds like Fear Mongering by the board.

I'm just going to sit this one out and truly wait.

xXKonan

Di Marzio wrote a piece on his Mascherano not going to Juve article and had a small tidbit saying Neymar "Could" leave Barcelona with PSG,United and Real Interested.

but it sounds more of a guess by him though. It's going to be a bumpy ride in regards to this saga.

CatalinR10

Oh please , like we will invest wisely in players with 190 mil. If we won't get Veratti with some of that ammount , that sum is useless. He is the best on his possition and u can't get anyone better to replace him. He won't go to another team anyways so this topic is useless aswell..

xXKonan

Alright Di Marzio expanded more on this story a bit.

He says (well like most Catalan Journalists) we are sending Raül Sanllehí our top Negotiator (already there going by other reports) to Brazil for a week to talk to Ney about his contract and offer him even more money to stay.

Yeah his fucking dad and agents have us right where they wanted. :lol: and Barto and the board will play right into their hand.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Unfortunately this is the case with a lot of players (if not most) these days, they try to milk the most out of the club when they renew by leveraging alleged interest from other clubs. Not to mention Neymar's father is one of the greediest men alive.

Neeraj

As expected, wow this is a frustrating saga. Cannot see anything good coming out of it - even if he signs and gets all the money in the world, it's going to put a tremendous amount of pressure on him as a player. He can have a great season - one bad game at an important time and the fans will be on his back; and rightly so, since he and his entourage have held the club hostage all through the summer.

mssarm

Calm down people, most of the players are doing that. Even Busquets, our own La Masia product was playing the game "Guardiola might convince me to sign for City" before signing his contract. To be fair we did the same thing to PSG with Thiago Silva and Marquinhos. That's the games played by the big clubs to make sure the competition is not saving money on players.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A bit naive, I feel, to be surprised by Neymar's et al chasing the biggest paycheck. Eventhough Barcelona pipped RM's big offer to initially join, Neymar is a brand that looks to maximize his exposure & value - even if sporting reasons come secondary. A player like that, is not what you want to keep at Barcelona - I certainly won't lose any sleep should he choose to paycheck it ala the rest of the PSG crew.

For those fans who remember life pre-Pep, Ronaldinho et al routinely held the club ransom for renewed deals each offseason - it was a tense time during the summer, every season. I know I don't miss that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans