11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarçaBarça

So, when Neymar renews is he still greedy and putting sporting ambitions below pay-check, then?
It is a little bit hard to make players accountable for paper-rumours, they have to write something every day!
And when PSG wants Neymar (after being done with chasing Ronaldo, who was more likely earlier this spring), and Neymar has a buy-out, it is a logical rumour that they want to pay it or at least considering it. I too hate his father, but there is bigger possibility of him renewing than not, so lets not call him the new Ronaldinho in terms of partying and CR in terms of egoism/branding-focus, before it actually happens. I say there is 0 chance of him joining PSG.

There is way too much Football Manager-logic in here: "Sell him + buy 2-3 worldclass players instead and we will be better". No we won't.
Even world-class players need time to adapt, and some turn out to we the wrong fit in reality even if it should work on paper. Thinking Dybala would make it up for Neymar-loss is laughable to be honest, even though he is a decent young player. And if we get 190 M. for Neymar, do you honestly think Juve will let Pogba go for 90-100 M.? No, because the world-record fee would just have been near-doubled. And the suggestion of Verratti just confirms the FM-logic: Get the best fit in the world to our club for a massive amount of money, then we are guaranteed success. Reality: Verratti will not leave PSG this year, next year or the year after that. You can't buy him. In FM you can, not in reality.

I'm not saying Neymar is the new Messi, because no-one is and no-one will be. But the MSN-constellation is something every other club in the world - no exceptions - would want for their team. First and foremost sporting wise, where 1 of them missing does not mean a catastrophe, because the other two still secures results. And in our situation it got us out of the Messi-dependencia era, and that is great for him as well - allowing him to make god-like passes and assists, and leave some goalscoring-responsibility to the others as well. Second of all it is good branding, can secure better sponsor-deals etc., we have the 3 best players in their position no doubt, and they work great together, lets not waste that.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The plot thickens.

Well, probably what many have already speculated that it is an attempt from agent/father to push for more cash. Again, this will be a recurring issue for those that remember Ronnie & his brother each summer

F

Flavia

Well, probably what many have already speculated that it is an attempt from agent/father to push for more cash. Again, this will be a recurring issue for those that remember Ronnie & his brother each summer

There's also the theory this is the board's way of diverting attention from the deal they made on the tax case. Also to make them look good when he renews.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There's also the theory this is the board's way of diverting attention from the deal they made on the tax case. Also to make them look good when he renews.

True, this is also a possiblity. I just meant that in the larger picture, as far as Neymar is concerned, the money issue will be a recurring one I suspect

xXKonan

I mean some of stuff I read just screams "Fear Mongering" on MD.

Fernando Polo reported today that André Cury and Raül Sanllehí (Barca negotiators) are pretty Optimistic so far in regards to Neymar staying with us. But while it's likely true United,PSG,Real want Neymar badly and are offering him shitloads of money, some of the stuff I read on MD just feels like the work of the "Board".

MD is considered the board's paper and write what they tell them and with Barto, under heavy fire due to the pact it sets up a scenario which diverts attention from the deal they made on the tax case and like Flavia said, it will also make them look good when he renews.

The threat is still there of Ney possibly leaving, but I just cannot help feel that a lot of the stuff feels "Manufactured" from MD. (likely due to the board).

xXKonan

[tw]744963180326158336[/tw]

Says Barcelona sources are Optimistic and expect Ney to renew here in the next couple of days.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Man too much drama. Just get that damn extension signed already. 220M is a lot of money, hard to see any club paying that much. PSG can sign Pogba and Dybala with that much money.

Jadentheman

A bit off topic, but is the Ronaldinho mat story true? Wonder if Neymar has a mat as well

xXKonan

rac1 were talking about the Qatar sponsorship deal and the Renewal of Neymar.

They were saying the The Al Thani family is interested in maintaining and renewing our sponsorship and ties with them. But the "Paradox" theory here is they want PSG to be a top CL level club. PSG is owned by the family of the heir to the sheikh of Qatar, which in turn sponsors the club until June 30th.

PSG wants Neymar, and the way it's Phrased is the Al Thani, Family is stuck between wanting to Renew with us and wanting PSG to be a top Level CL team. This sets up a Scenario of what if they propose a deal that "We will renew with you but you must give PSG, Neymar". They state Barcelona are working with an alternative sponsor in case something like that happens.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I'm very sorry, [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], but I honestly don't put a whole lot of faith into the opinions of those so called well known forum members (some more than others, obviously, but please don't be so naive to assume that post count equals post quality). Especially so when most of it seem to have been written in the heat of the moment. And as Flavia and others have already stated, you could easily replicate that trick with the likes of Messi, Piqué, Masch, Dani and probably everyone else tbh, in order to make them look like terrible players.

Nice legwork, though. Must've taken a bit...

And he quoted my troll comment, I guess it's hard to catch that a few months after I wrote it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

They were saying the The Al Thani family is interested in maintaining and renewing our sponsorship and ties with them. But the "Paradox" theory here is they want PSG to be a top CL level club. PSG is owned by the family of the heir to the sheikh of Qatar, which in turn sponsors the club until June 30th.

PSG wants Neymar, and the way it's Phrased is the Al Thani, Family is stuck between wanting to Renew with us and wanting PSG to be a top Level CL team. This sets up a Scenario of what if they propose a deal that "We will renew with you but you must give PSG, Neymar". They state Barcelona are working with an alternative sponsor in case something like that happens.

You tell them to fuck off and go to Etihad Airways if they are desperate to be sponsored by a company in the region.

George_Costanza

it's actually conflict of interest. PSG is owned by Qatar and our shirt sponsor is Qatar too, so this relation should end. The best sponsor could've been Emirates but they are Madrid sponsors. Etihad owned by Abu Dhabi which they also own Manchester City so I wouldn't think it's a good idea. We have to look for sponsors elsewhere in China or USA.

Jadentheman

Seriously they can keep their oil blood money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans