11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

So, when Bale, Benz and CR7 are better than Ney=stats are not good
When Ney has better stats than Ronaldinho (even though it makes zero sense to compare to different eras)=now stats mean something?

You pick and choose when to apply the same stats.

Ney does better on stats you dismiss it as not all about that. Ronaldo does better than Messi on stats and you dont take it into account.

BBZ8800

These arguments against Neymar get worse and worse and so all over the place it is unreal.

Bale been better than Neymar.....wow.

How to measure 2 CLs in 3 years?

Neymar La liga stats in 3 years:
93 matches, 55 goals
Bale, la liga, 3 years:
81 matches, 47 goals

Ney 0,59 goals per match
Bale 0,58 goals per match

So, in la liga over 3 years, these 2 guys have exactly the same ratio of goals per match.
Trophies: Ney 2 La ligas + 1 CL
Bale: 2 CLs which weighs more than 2 La ligas + 1 CL

Ney: WC semis
Bale: dragged crappy Wales to semis (or even more of Euro 2016).

So, in short:
1. personal la liga end product stats: Ney and Bale are equal with 0,59 to 0,58
2. Champions leagues in their Barca/Real careers: Bale 2, Ney 1
3. NT teams: equal, or Bale is better because he dragged a crappy team to semis on his shoulders
4. la ligas: Ney better

If we'll use unmeasurable stats, ok.
(But add motivation also)

If you ask a question about Bale/Ney to a football fan who isn't a fan of Barca/Real, they will say that it is tied.
I doubt that a regular football fan (outside of Barca's forum) would laugh if you say that Bale is equal to Ney.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

93 matches, 55 goals
Bale, la liga, 3 years:
81 matches, 47 goals

Ney 0,59 goals per match

So, in la liga over 3 years, these 2 guys have exactly the same ratio of goals per match.

So, in short:
3. NT teams: equal, or Bale is better because he dragged a better team to semis

If you ask a question about Bale/Ney to a football fan who isn't a fan of Barca/Real, they will say that it is tied.
I doubt that a regular football fan (outside of Barca's forum) would laugh if you say that Bale is equal to Ney.

Ok so Ronaldo has more goals in past two seasons than Messi and has won the CL twice. Is it tied also across past three years?

People dont say they are tied. Ney is rated as the better player can see that in the votes etc and how much each player is being chased.

Wick

93 matches, 55 goals
Bale, la liga, 3 years:
81 matches, 47 goals

Ney 0,59 goals per match

So, in short:
3. NT teams: equal, or Bale is better because he dragged a crappy team to semis on his shoulders

2 Liga, 1 CL, 2 Copa > 2 CL and 1 Copa

Neither has won anything with their national team. Wales wont win Euros.

Equal stats.

Neymar has been more succesful and better.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Out of fun, Instinct and Tricky, can you please rank your top6 out of MSN and BBC?

Do me a favor, please.

Messi, please, also, give me top6.
[MENTION=20103]Flavia[/MENTION] also
Thanks

Dude I wasn't even referring to your top 6. In referring to the fact that this pointless back and forth discussion has come up again. It never gets anywhere. Why do you waste your time with it?

JamDav1982

Neymar 17 in 31 CL
Bale 8 in 30 in CL

Can we add these stats to the debate?

I predict your response will be they havent came up against same teams....which I agree with Ney has had tougher teams. If your refuse to add CL goals then dont count CL wins as these have been played against those same different teams.

Could go further and compare goals in knock out stages where Ney will come out on top easily again.

F

Flavia

That's easy. If Barça got Wolfburg and city, Barça would had made the final too, and without the struggle rm did. This argument is laughable. If not, than cr has been better than Messi because of that too? I mean... he scored the last decisive pk to win the 11th. A treble and then a double is sooo bad. We all really need to be sad.

You only bring stats and "facts" that suit your agenda. It's a waste of time, not a productive discussion. And this all started because @Trickykid dared to give Neymar a compliment and say he thinks he is the best LW right now. Ffs.
So please stop mentioning me, thanks.

BBZ8800

BBZ explain how Ney managed to get a poor Brasil to the Semis of WC 2014?

I don't get the amount of hate and bias from our forum.

I mean, I love Barca since 1994 and passionately hate Real.
And I was pissed as hell in 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2014 and 2016.

But also, if they are good/strong sometimes or if they have some good players, imo, sometimes it is fair to say: you were better or your player is currently better.
Or it sucks, but Real was actually good this year...

But what I seriously don't get is more or less this:
When CR7 has better stats than Messi=Messi's skills can't be measured (even though I agree with that)
But then:
When Bale has similar skills to Ney=Ney is also better on unmeasurable skills

When Barca loses=we were unlucky, opponents were kicking us, the ref was against us
When Real wins trophies=they were lucky, their opponents were chockers (those who kicked us out)
When Messi loses with NT=he is unlucky
When CR7 wins with NT=he is just insanely lucky

Ok, there is some truth in everything above, but remember our trophy in 2009 and a match against Chelsea.
Uefa helped us, plus we were insanely lucky.
But today, which person on Barca's forum talks about that trophy as a lucky, undeserved or helped insanely by refs?
= almost nobody.
That trophy is a part of heroic Pep's era and remembered as a proof when Barca played the best football ever.

So, for 90% neutral football fans, that was the worst match ever in terms how a team was helped by refs (Barca).
On the other hand, imagine if Real wins a trophy in that manner today.
Imagine posts from our fans here: cheating, cheating, fcking Uefa, fcking refs, lucky Real with a last minute goal, the same old crap.

So, when we score a lucky goal in the last minute after refs helped us with 5-6 decisions=we are heroes with a late comeback.
When Real scores in the last minute=they are dirty lucky bastards, undeserved winners :lol:

I mean, I hate Real the same as any other user on this forum, but this is laughable honestly.
I am not expecting an absolute objectivity, but at least some, moderate objectivity regarding Barca vs RM and comparing our players.

If Messi is better than CR7
And if Neymar is better than Bale
And if Suarez is better than Benz, then how on Earth RM won 2 Cls in the last 3 years?

Ok, maybe they were lucky, or their players posses unmeasurable skills (higher motivation) than our guys etc.

Also, Real can't be lucky all the time.
That excuse is too childish.
Also, every our defeat (or every Messi's NT defeat) can't be THAT unlucky every single time.

So, about your question:
If Brasil or Argentina play well:
-- we won't mention referees (while I still remember how the ref robbed Croatia in the first game in Brasil against Brasil, where everything could have gone in a horribly wrong direction for Brasil at 0:1. Like a loss against Croatia, then a draw/defeat against dangerous Mexico, and they are out after a group stage)

So, more or less, all teams are sometimes lucky, get help from refs etc
But then we pick sides and parts of stories based on whether we like them or not.

With RM, CR7 and Portugal, we don't see good things, a fighting spirit, motivation or an ability to come back every single time
= we see only cheaters, a lucky club, undeserved winners
On the other side, when we do the same, we see totally different set of skills in our team and our players.

So, yes, I have to admit that I am "enjoying" these fights on Ney's topic to some extent because I am hoping that people will at least slightly lose a black and white bias about some of our players and everything related Barca/Rm.

So, what to say about Brasil at WC?
It is a heroic performance for our fans.
Everyone have forgotten refs, hosts

Brasil was helped by refs against Croatia at 0:1 with a pen.
Then they played 0:0 with Mexico.
Then they won against poor Cameroon.

In 1/8 they won on penalties against Chile (Portuguese way?)
In 1/4 they won against Colombia, a fair 2:1 win
In 1/2 they lost without Ney 7:1

All in all, with Ney, ref helped against Croatia, they played 0:0 with Mex, 1:1 with Chile and 2:1 against Colombia.
If Brasil have won it, we would hail Ney as a hero and as a leader, but in reality, look at Brasil's poor results.

Ok, Portugal had worse results in a group stage (while their knockout matches are the same as Brasil's in 2014), and now everyone say how Portugal is crappy and lucky.
1:0 against Croatia in extra time and penalties against Poland are=luck and undeserved
But when Ney's Brasil has done it=penalties against Chile and 2:1 against Colombia, then those are good results and heroic matches, isn't it?
I agree again that Portugal was worse, but even if Brasil/Argentina played equally as bad/lucky as Portugal, Ney or Messi would be hailed as heros and how they led their poor NTs on their shoulders to a final, but when CR does it, that's a crap.

Double standards and everything is black and white.
Again, I am exaggerating in my posts because I don't get why we need to go into such extremes (Messi better than CR7, Ney better than Ney, Suarez better than Benz, RM and CR7 always lucky, Messi always unlucky etc)

Last edited:

JamDav1982

You are just going down another tangent.

Will ask again -

Ronaldo has more goals in past three seasons than Messi and has won the CL twice. Is it tied also across past three years between the two?

Why will you not count Neymars CL goals when comparing him and Bale?

Yet you are the one that complains about double standards...

Just looking for the answer to those questions.

Not a get out by a long rambling post that goes onto different areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans