11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Because suddenly the total amount of goals+assists is the single indicator for the ability of a player... :lol:

For forwards? Surely not single but most important ones.
Miles better than dribbles, that's for sure.

Fact is Neymar has those stats worst out of 6 players mentioned.
Some people get upset by reading that because they can't accept anything even remotely resembling criticism or sheding negative light on Neymar.

JamDav1982

For forwards? Surely not single but most important ones.
Miles better than dribbles, that's for sure.

Fact is Neymar has those stats worst out of 6 players mentioned.
Some people get upset by reading that because they can't accept anything even remotely resembling criticism or sheding negative light on Neymar.

it is also a fact that Ronaldo and Suarez beat Messi on those same stats.

It upsets people when those stats are used to compare Ronaldo to Messi as it doesnt tell whole story.

Exact same thing.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Bale had barely 2 months of good football in the entire season. While Neymar was off form in 2 months and suddenly he is better than Neymar. Do people even remember how neymar took the lead role when messi was not there. Bale hasn't even come close to do that. Bale is still pretty amazing maybe world class but Neymar is just better.

JamDav1982

Jam, that's why stats can be misleading but hardly a reason to dismiss them.

I dont dismiss them at all I just dont think they tell the whole story as BBZ keeps using them as.

Messi is better than Ronaldo no doubt but Ronaldo keeps up with him on those bare stats.

Also those stats dont say that Neymar scored v Atletico, Real, Villareal in total five times in league. Bale didnt score against any of the top four last season. Nine of Bales goals came against Vallecano and Deportivo and majority of others vs poorer teams.

I rate Bale but he nor Benzema are in the class of Neymar and stats dont change that.

In my opinion in a world where Messi doesnt exist Neymar is the best in the world.

Not saying Messi is holding him back but he is the second most complete forward in the world after Messi and there is no one else I would choose to build the team round.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Stats can be used to measure the players output (not talent mind you) but just Goals plus Assists is not enough. It should be more detailed analysis. Key passes, chances created, forward passes, even opposition and occasion needs to be considered. It still doesn't encounter the ability to create space and lanes for other players. Suarez does it with his off the ball movement behind center backs. Neymar with his skills. All these needs to be considered. Just vague stats is not enough. It is like comparing Ozil and Iniesta all over again. Stats wise Ozil is easily better than Iniesta if you just looks at assists but that is not the case.

JamDav1982

In the case BBZ tried to illustrate with some stats they weren't that off as only Benzema is behind Neymar in terms of performance this season. Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo have been ahead of Neymar and with Bale it's a tossup.

Bale was not in same class as Neymar last season. What big games in La Liga or CL did he have that could compare with Neys top performances?

He banged in a lot of goals vs largely inferior teams. Neymar produced more against the top sides.

Bale had poor spells just as Ney did but far and away the best spell either had is the way Ney played in first part when he was probably best player in world with Messi not there.

barcanuck

[MENTION=2]Bojan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] - stats also show he's #1 out of MSN BBC in chances created. With a little more luck he could of scored double his goals surely. Stats sometimes lie.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Chances created is somewhat subjective stat and can't be taken seriously as others you can measure like goals, assists, kms, tackles won, etc..

Also successful dribbles is another funny stat. One can dribble in middle of the pitch when not taken seriously and/or with no end product whatsover.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What? Chances created can't be taken as seriously as kms, tackles won?

Why? Creating goalscoring chances is worth less than how much you run? Besides, in the CL campaign Neymar averaged more than Suarez and Messi too in distance covered.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What why. That stat can't be accurate as other stats I mentioned as they are subjective. What part do you not understand?

And where did I say that creating chances is less important than kms ran? Go back and read.

BBZ8800

Chances created?
So stats are good again and they imply something?

I have to mute this topic till a new season, it's pointless from both sides.

Ney will "decide" in a new season which side from this forum was right about him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's what you seemed to imply.

Km run is also subjective. You can run a lot and do nothing useful or run less and be the best player.

I don't see where the subjectivity part of it comes from. Chances created is what it is.

Unless you mean how good those chances were, which in that case you could argue the same for the other stats you mentioned, just like I did with distance covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans