11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Chances created?
So stats are good again and they imply something?

I have to mute this topic till a new season, it's pointless from both sides.

Ney will "decide" in a new season which side from this forum was right about him.

You'll see starting in August at the Olympics. See his SnapChat he's training hard. Must have been reading your criticism

BBZ8800

You'll see starting in August at the Olympics. See his SnapChat he's training hard. Must have been reading your criticism

Maybe it's his usual cycle.

He DOES have skills and some motivation to come back on top for short periods of time.
The problem is (imo) that he gets complacent too easily.
Also, when he plays like a crap, he eventually does get his form back to a world class level. But again, as soon as he hits the best form, his personality, mentality and complacency hits him again.
Then he plays like a donkey for a few Months/weeks, and then again when he hits the bottom, he gets his head back together and returns to a top form for some time. (And majority of our fans see and remember mostly only that level of form when they assess his abilities)
But then again, a few good games/weeks, a few articles in media how awesome he is and fans glorifying him on social media and bang, he'll hit the bottom again very soon.

So, imo, things to watch in the next season:
1. he will surely hit his world class level somewhere during a season.
The question is, whether it will happen in autumn or in spring?
How long will his world class level last?
2. but a 2nd thing also: he will very likely show a usual, other side of Neymar, when his form hits the bottom
The question is: whether he will hit the bottom in autumn or in key weeks in a spring again?
3. there is also an option for hot-cold-hot-cold periods interchanging even faster than till now
4. true, there is a chance that he will play on a world-class level for 12 Months, but I won't hold my breath over that option...

So, you see, if Neymar will play world class, and if he'll play like in autumn of 2015, Bojan, me and other guys won't whine about him, and we'll be happy.
But if he'll be the good-old-Ney changing his form each two months from one extreme to another, then, yes, this topic will "burn", as always :lol:

I'll open a poll before a season starts, with a few questions like:
How will Neymar's season 2016-17 look like:
1. he will be the best player in the world
2. he will be the 2nd best player in the world, behind Messi
3. he will play equally as hot and cold as in 2015-16 season
4. he will play weaker than in 2015-16 season

I hope that guys like DonAk, TrickyKid, Interlop and other users involved in fights over Neymar will cast their votes, because in a summer of 2017, that poll and votes will be gold, regardless of what will happen with Neymar in the next season.
One side will turn as extremely poor in their predictions.

Either way, it will be interesting to follow him starting with Olympics.

Last edited:

Ekul

I feel sorry for you BBZ, I'd hate to see Football the way you do and feel the need to break everything down into stats and percentages. *90% skills? What on earth is 90% skills!? Do you ever appreciate good play? Or just numbers?

*If Neymar has 90% skills (whatever that is), there is no way Bale has 90% skills.

BBZ8800

I feel sorry for you BBZ, I'd hate to see Football the way you do and feel the need to break everything down into stats and percentages. *90% skills? What on earth is 90% skills!? Do you ever appreciate good play? Or just numbers?

*If Neymar has 90% skills (whatever that is), there is no way Bale has 90% skills.

I don't think about perecntages and stats when I actually watch matches or watch player whom I love.

But when you are on a forum and when majority of posts are:
Neymar is the next big thing.
Halilovic has such a good dribbles, he will be a starter etc

Since I disagree about those players, if me or someone will reply just: no, he isn't good, that won't work on forum.
Then you need to find 100s of creative ways to show in numbers or in other ways why do you think that a player xx or yy (in your opinion) won't reach the level which majority of fans are expecting.

I am not thinking about stats when I watch Messi, Suarez, Raki, Pique, Bravo.
But if we have to enter into Bravo-Mats debate, then numbers could help, like Mats have a higher ceiling (100/100 compared to 90/100), but Bravo has more experience (like 90/100 compared to 30/100).

About 90/100 with Ney, it was meant about ceiling.
If Messi is 100/100, Ney is 90/100, Bale has 80/100.
I don't like to write just: xx has a higher ceiling, I find it easier to write in numbers (which are my estimation to say something in a certain debate, not an official indicator of someone's ceiling, since how would you even measure that thing)

So, no, my watching of football and enjoying of football is not ruined by numbers.
They only exist here when I don't rate some player as much as the majority of our forum.

Last edited:

Nucky

Neymar has been quite marketable since his Santos times. He will be the face of Nike in one or two years. For 4 more years at least he will be the most marketable player in football. One of the reasons why selling him would have been a bad idea.

I agree.. I only fear he won't spend more time in night clubs than on football pitch like his fellow countryman Ronaldinho.. He renew his contract recently and unless somebody pays 200M for him, he isn't going anywhere.. He is safe..

Devils

I have extremely high expectations of him this year.

I think it's time he took a leadership role in leading our team to some titles this year. Messi did it in 2015, Suarez in 2016 and hopefully Neymar will this year.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Does his time at the Olympics affect the start of our season? Will he be back in time for the Supercup etc?

He won't unless Brazil crash out of the group stages.

The question is whether he'll make it back for the first Liga game. If they make the final or semi-final I think, he won't be back until Matchday 2.

xXKonan

[tw]758010011905916932[/tw]

[tw]758010352391127040[/tw]

The person(people) who run this account are salty as hell about these comments. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans