11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that nightime partying doesn't help pro athletes.

He obviously doesn't do it on days where he has training in the morning and he doesn't drink. Lucho would crack down on him, of he thought that it affected his performances.
Your reasoning that his form dip is directly related to partying is just poorly made assumptions.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He obviously doesn't do it on days where he has training in the morning and he doesn't drink. Lucho would crack down on him, of he thought that it affected his performances.
Your reasoning that his form dip is directly related to partying is just poorly made assumptions.

Lucho is definitely that sort of character but Neymar is too powerful for him to do something like that..... But fortunately, Neymar is not exactly as unprofessional as he is made out to be here in the forum

Trickykid

Lucho is definitely that sort of character but Neymar is too powerful for him to do something like that..... But fortunately, Neymar is not exactly as unprofessional as he is made out to be here in the forum

I sincerely doubt that. Lucho, the board and equally importantly, his teammates, fully well know how much they depend on an in-form Nerman. I just can't imagine that people who are that close to him would accept a lifestyle that's incomparable with a top player and that would directly negatively influence their shot at titles and glory.

Think about it; a portion of this forum claim to know for a fact that he parties too hard and that it influences his game. Would the aforementioned people, who are infinitely closer to him really quietly accept that?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously? After club bent over backwards for Neymar?

And I clearly said nightime partying doesn't help pro athletes so don't change the narrative.

And btw. you don't know if he drinks or not.

Trickykid

Seriously? After club bent over backwards for Neymar?

And I clearly said nightime partying doesn't help pro athletes so don't change the narrative.

And btw. you don't know if he drinks or not.

Why on earth would the club who has done so much to keep one of its most prized possessions let it waste away through unprofessional behavior?

Change what narrative?

No, I don't know he doesn't drink, but I'd assume that it would be all over the tabloids (and gloating Barcaforum posts of course), if it was the case.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gloating about what? You mean like he jets to different countries to party in middle of the season or that he gambles in middle of the night?
Nah, we're over that.

But hey, he doesn't drink. We should be thankful.

And no, partying still doesn't help pro athletes but you can pretend to ignore that, that's fine.

Trickykid

Gloating about what? You mean like he jets to different countries to party in middle of the season or that he gambles in middle of the night?
Nah, we're over that.

But hey, he doesn't drink. We should be thankful.

And no, partying still doesn't help pro athletes but you can pretend to ignore that, that's fine.

Same ol' back and forth, going nowhere.

Just a few things; no I'm not pretending to ignore anything. Nerman needs to do what he loves in his leisure time, and as long as he does it in moderation and the club and teammates are perfectly fine with it, I see no reason to complain. And that's exactly the point here: why isn't anyone in the know telling him off or punishing him with whatever necessary means, if he's really as bad as you say? And no, I don't buy the he's too powerful theory. He's just too important and expensive for us to let waste away.
As soon as reports about him taking unsanctioned travels, boozing, partying late on eve's that have training passes in the morning and so on and so forth, start spilling from the tabloids, you can be sure I'll be picking up the pitchfork and torch as well.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

I doubt this. This is the same Lucho that benched Messi and very nearly lost the team as a result - things could've turned out very differently. I don't believe Neymar wields a stronger position in the club, especially since Lucho also held firm on his international commitments. Wouldn't seem in Enrique's character either, he is no nonsense

F

Flavia

I doubt this. This is the same Lucho that benched Messi and very nearly lost the team as a result - things could've turned out very differently. I don't believe Neymar wields a stronger position in the club, especially since Lucho also held firm on his international commitments. Wouldn't seem in Enrique's character either, he is no nonsense
I agree. If this was Tata, but Lucho has a very strong personality. And so far Neymar's been completely professional.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I agree. If this was Tata, but Lucho has a very strong personality. And so far Neymar's been completely professional.

He has, I don't believe he's been unprofessional - I also don't think he's let his teammates down in any obvious way. I do however feel it's only natural that he'll be a target for criticism for his lifestyle since his focus in key stretches of last season & his first went missing IMHO.

It may simply mean that he's human but the lifestyle is going to get the obvious & understandable scrutiny. If Messi was doing this, I am certain what people would be saying if he failed to score in a big match or didn't deliver the key moments. Dani is a party boy but you never got the impression that he ever gave anything less than 100% in key stretches.

Deliver in the biggest moments, end of

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He was no nonsense in his first season sure, but after the players revolt he has taken the softer path.... that's what it seemed like looking at the way he kept on playing the under-performing stars in the second half of the last season.

Sure, that is a small sample and the circumstances were also not exactly helping his cause with the rotation but he was definitely not the madly-rotating-manager that he was in his debut season

El Flaco

He really got something against Neymar. Remember him comparing Gabriel Jesus with him a couple of weeks ago just to take it even further in the comments. Apparently, he is better than Neymar too.

[tw]749208754621521920[/tw]

Stats (in term of goals) doesn''t tell the full story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans