11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1nhu

No need to bring Pedro into this mate, it's already difficult to keep an objective discussion about just neymar as it is, if you mix up everything we won't make it :)

I'm sorry, it's just my opinion about why on earth he is so hated by some users.

I really doubt we would see same level of harshness if Pedro have left for Arsenal and Alexis was warming the bench.

Nothing against Pedro, obviously. It's his blinded fan-boys fault.

:angry:

I'm so glad we sold Sanchez :lol: guy traumatized me for a decade with his trillion fuck ups. I can't possibly recover from the pedro fabregas sanchez front three :lol:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I'm so glad we sold Sanchez :lol: guy traumatized me for a decade with his trillion fuck ups. I can't possibly recover from the pedro fabregas sanchez front three :lol:

Ugh, that was so terrible compared to now. Messi had to do everything that season.

Stric

I was just thinking how at our best during Pep's era, we had MVP, which is still much inferior to MSN. But at some points we had Tello/Messi/Cuenca, we had Iniesta/Messi/Sanchez, but now you've gone and reminded me that we even had Pedro/Fabregas/Sanchez. My god. Any kind of comparison of total goals scored then and now is simply unfair. :lol: Sanchez had me pulling my hair a billion times.

Vegeta

I have to say, I have similar sentiments towards Sanchez. His technique, ball control and especially first touch are substandard for Barcelona. Still a great player, but more suitable for another team.

StarLord

Alexis one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen, if not the most.

Those misses against Chelsea, still give me nightmares.

Still waiting for Sanchez to score one important CL goal for us. Not a single one in 3 years!

I have to say, I have similar sentiments towards Sanchez. His technique, ball control and especially first touch are substandard for Barcelona. Still a great player, but more suitable for another team.

Definitely substandard for Barca. It was more then clear after his first season, yet people like to pretend otherwise.

BBZ8800

Assuming that we get the treble,there is no chance we can repeat this.No team has ever done it,even the guardiola team didn't do it,and i don't expect this team to make such an achievement.

Yep.
There is also the motivation issue.
After winning something special, teams usually lose a part of their motivation.

Maybe we can be the first. Surely when that happens It will be for the history books

It will be very hard.
Especially with so many players who have won everything and who are getting older and older.
With a few younger players added to a team, with a fresh hunger, it is possible.

I think if MEH stayed together one more year they could of repeated. Or if MVP didn't have the V break his leg. It's all fine margins but yeah treble is really hard. Happy with La Liga at the end of the day.

Well, on the other hand, we didn't have a single serious injury this Season to a starting 11 player, right?
It is almost impossible to expect the same season ever again.

Barca in 2005-06 had numerous broken knee ligaments (Motta, Edmilson, Larsson, Xavi, Gabri).
With Villa, a few years ago, he had a broken leg.
After that we had a Season without defenders and without a GK.

Also, on top of motivation problem plus potential injuries, you have to add an accumulated fatigue.
It was said before on some other topics, a lot of teams during history managed to win everything in one Season with the same starting 11 all the time (more or less).
But if you try to repeat the same in the next Season, you will pay the price with a lot of injured and extremely tired players in the 2nd part of the Season.

Real Madrid is a nice example.
Last Season they played all the time with the same 11 players.
It worked for the first part of this Season, and then it all crashed when players lost the energy after 1 and a half Seasons of non-stop playing, and of course, they were struck with injuries after that.

On paper it all looks simple.
But the next Season will be much harder/less perfect than this one, surely, imo.

Zangash

Banned
Yep.
There is also the motivation issue.
After winning something special, teams usually lose a part of their motivation.

It will be very hard.
Especially with so many players who have won everything and who are getting older and older.
With a few younger players added to a team, with a fresh hunger, it is possible.

Well, on the other hand, we didn't have a single serious injury this Season to a starting 11 player, right?
It is almost impossible to expect the same season ever again.

Barca in 2005-06 had numerous broken knee ligaments (Motta, Edmilson, Larsson, Xavi, Gabri).
With Villa, a few years ago, he had a broken leg.
After that we had a Season without defenders and without a GK.

Also, on top of motivation problem plus potential injuries, you have to add an accumulated fatigue.
It was said before on some other topics, a lot of teams during history managed to win everything in one Season with the same starting 11 all the time (more or less).
But if you try to repeat the same in the next Season, you will pay the price with a lot of injured and extremely tired players in the 2nd part of the Season.

Real Madrid is a nice example.
Last Season they played all the time with the same 11 players.
It worked for the first part of this Season, and then it all crashed when players lost the energy after 1 and a half Seasons of non-stop playing, and of course, they were struck with injuries after that.

On paper it all looks simple.
But the next Season will be much harder/less perfect than this one, surely, imo.

You have to keep in mind, in the first half of the season we did not use the same players over and over. In fact, part of the reason why so many people were after Lucho's head was because he refused to find a consistent XI at all and even went the first three or four months without using the same lineup twice a single time.

That's why we haven't had any real injury concerns thus far, imo. If Lucho rotates at the first half of the season (Maybe not to the extent of this season though), our players should be rested and ready to go full force when February rolls around and it's time to get serious.

BBZ8800

You have to keep in mind, in the first half of the season we did not use the same players over and over. In fact, part of the reason why so many people were after Lucho's head was because he refused to find a consistent XI at all and even went the first three or four months without using the same lineup twice a single time.

That's why we haven't had any real injury concerns thus far, imo. If Lucho rotates at the first half of the season (Maybe not to the extent of this season though), our players should be rested and ready to go full force when February rolls around and it's time to get serious.

Next Season, we will have Euro 2016 (from 10th June to 10th July in France), and the Season will be much shorter.
Our all last 3 CL finals came in the "longer" Seasons when there is no World cup or Euro cup in that Season. (2009, 2011, 2015)
We weren't that successful till now in Seasons with a World cup/Euro cup when there is less room for resting.

That said, MSN could have survived this Season without rotations when Suarez hadn't played for the first 4 Months and when the current Season was "longer".
In the next Season, we will probably feel the consequences of playing all the time with the same 11 in THIS Season.
Plus again, the next Season will be shorter and "harder" because the schedule will be Wednesday-Saturday-Wednesday more often.

About injuries, they sometimes happen if you play too much.
But sometimes they just happen for no reason (like 5 knee ligaments injuries in 2005-2006 Seasons, and four of them at Camp Nou turf under the good weather, plus Xavi's injury on training).

So, imo, we had a perfect season this Season in so many aspects (the same as when you pull 3-4 young players from La Masia in one Season).
Imo, there are probably around 90% chances that in the next Season we will have much more injuries and huge problems with fatigue (plus, some motivational problems if we will win a treble this Season).

Add to this that we will maybe play without a RB till January, plus, if Pedro leaves, our 4th attacker will be Deulo or Munir.
Add elections, maybe a new coach, new president, new sporting director, new coaching stuff??

Last edited:

raskolnikov

My problem with Alexis was that it seemed he was Always slipping whenever he was near the ball, never stayed on his feet and missed many chances.
Only last season he performed well. But him along with Cesc or much better suited for other teams than ours.

Zangash

Banned
Next Season, we will have Euro 2016 (from 10th June to 10th July in France), and the Season will be much shorter.
Our all last 3 CL finals came in the "longer" Seasons when there is no World cup or Euro cup in that Season. (2009, 2011, 2015)
We weren't that successful till now in Seasons with a World cup/Euro cup when there is less room for resting.

That... seems like raw coincidence, to me. The stats may say that, but as a fan who lived it I saw a lot of bad luck and parked buses. And the curse that was Alexis Sanchez, but let's... let's not talk about that. Terrible memories. Had a nightmare early on this season that his transfer to Arsenal fell through.

This sexy man right here said:
That said, MSN could have survived this Season without rotations when Suarez hadn't played for the first 4 Months and when the current Season was "longer".
In the next Season, we will probably feel the consequences of playing all the time with the same 11 in THIS Season.
Plus again, the next Season will be shorter and "harder" because the schedule will be Wednesday-Saturday-Wednesday more often.

I feel like if we rotated more often next season we'd be able to circumvent this a bit. Right now our options for our front line consist of:
-Messi
-Neymar
-Suarez

And that's ~it~. With Pedro seemingly set to leave we'll be left with no option but to promote a forward or two from the B team and that is where I think our success will come from. We have played numerous games with our strongest front line possible (115+ goals for any front three is more of an indication of poor rotation than them being the greatest trio ever, especially considering one of them was banned for the first 3 months, imo) and it'd be simply impossible to keep that up for a second season, especially when it is shorter, as you have described. There are plenty of La Liga teams that the likes of Munir and Sandro can compete against, especially if you play one of them with two of the big death trio. A front line of Neymar, Messi, Sandro, followed up by a front line of Munir, Messi, Suarez, leaves the front line refreshed for when we need to use Messi, Neymar, and Suarez. You could conceivably fit Pedro in here too, but I personally would rather let a young player develop in these minutes than give Pedrito charity minutes if he even stays.

Urano Metria! said:
About injuries, they sometimes happen if you play too much.
But sometimes they just happen for no reason (like 5 knee ligaments injuries in 2005-2006 Seasons, and four of them at Camp Nou turf under the good weather, plus Xavi's injury on training).

Yeah, we've been really lucky nothing like that has happened this season. We could be in the same boat as Bayern, eliminated from the CL and blaming it on all the players we couldn't use, but thankfully we've been safe from that curse, for once. This is why depth is so important, though. With our midfield I feel relatively confident any player could step in the midfield (As long as he isn't Argentine) and do an adequate job, even Roberto and Rafinha, if push came to shove. Not to mention we still have Samper who will probably be promoted next season. With our midfield being functionally weak by design I think we could survive an injury or two there. Same in the central of defense. Our over reliance on our fullbacks and our front line is a very pressing concern, though. Without Alves we have no RB, and without Alba we have no LB, and without MSN...

House of Wolves 5/19 said:
So, imo, we had a perfect season this Season in so many aspects (the same as when you pull 3-4 young players from La Masia in one Season).
Imo, there are probably around 90% chances that in the next Season we will have much more injuries and huge problems with fatigue (plus, some motivational problems if we will win a treble this Season).

Rotation should be heavily on Lucho's mind headed into next season. The thing is, he's so stubborn I highly doubt we'll see any change going into next season. It's probably going to be one hell of a bumpy ride, as you say.

Add to this that we will maybe play without a RB till January, plus, if Pedro leaves, our 4th attacker will be Deulo or Munir.
Add elections, maybe a new coach, new president, new sporting director, new coaching stuff??

All of this is too hard to predict. It could cripple us, but it could improve us. I'm leaning towards improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans