11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn

Neymar is starting to seem like he'll be our Cristiano. How poorly he's played these past 3 months compared to how much praise he is getting for his goal tally is approaching the level of Ronaldo.

I think his role he's playing is perfect for us now though. Hopefully he can continue his quality runs but also improve his overall game a lot more over the next season. I just can't take anymore of this wastefulness in build up play from him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neymar is starting to seem like he'll be our Cristiano. How poorly he's played these past 3 months compared to how much praise he is getting for his goal tally is approaching the level of Ronaldo.

I think his role he's playing is perfect for us now though. Hopefully he can continue his quality runs but also improve his overall game a lot more over the next season. I just can't take anymore of this wastefulness in build up play from him.

He played poorly in a month and half. He has not played poorly since the Sevilla game, he has been very good since that one after a bit of a slump.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm so glad we sold Sanchez :lol: guy traumatized me for a decade with his trillion fuck ups. I can't possibly recover from the pedro fabregas sanchez front three :lol:

Shit, you just gave me my nightmares back - that was some shit frontline. 'Turtle Cesc' as false 9, 'slippery Sanchez' and 'pass it back to Xaviniesta' Pedro...

Stric

What bothers me most about his game at the moment is the constant slowing down of our attack. You'll see him get the ball, our entire team run forward quickly, and then he'll literally stop in front of a defender and do the whole standing-here-thinking-what-move-to-pull-next thing.

raskolnikov

What bothers me most about his game at the moment is the constant slowing down of our attack. You'll see him get the ball, our entire team run forward quickly, and then he'll literally stop in front of a defender and do the whole standing-here-thinking-what-move-to-pull-next thing.

Its like he is going for an epic Santos type dribble then remembers he isnt supposed to do that at Barca and passes it to Iniesta to be safe. I feel he does it less though than before and does it more when the game is dead then at crucial moments.

Jadentheman

He does overdo that. Seems to do that more times at Barca then at Santos or on Brazil from my observation.

Maybe it's because he needs time to scan his options, especially if the fields crowded with 10 men on the opposing team near the box.

Pepe Silvia

While I do think he can make some quicker decisions on the ball, let's not forget that it may be due to instruction that he holds on to the ball on the wing.

It seems when he does this, it allows the others on the right wing (namely Dani rushing forward) to get in advanced positions. It may be one of the reasons we are seeing less and less 'backwards passes' these days.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
While I do think he can make some quicker decisions on the ball, let's not forget that it may be due to instruction that he holds on to the ball on the wing.

It seems when he does this, it allows the others on the right wing (namely Dani rushing forward) to get in advanced positions. It may be one of the reasons we are seeing less and less 'backwards passes' these days.

I agree on both accounts... He should make quicker decisions, but it is also true that when he stops to do his samba dance, the play usually results in a long pass to our right flank, which is less congested because Neymar was drawing all the attention on the left...

footyfan

Calma, calma
Gui7herme HAS NEVER FAILED ME YET

MOTM after ter Stegen.

gif of move in the last minute:

fU5D43C.gif

footyfan

Calma, calma
It's actually mostly Messi's fault, he should have either held the run or sprinted earlier (preferably held the run). With what he did, he left Ney with making a more difficult pass than necessary

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It's actually mostly Messi's fault, he should have either held the run or sprinted earlier (preferably held the run). With what he did, he left Ney with making a more difficult pass than necessary

That's on Neymar footy. He's decision making is the one part of his game that needs to grow still. He held onto that ball just too long and allowed the second defender to close down on him and take away his angles. He should have passed as soon as he beat the first defender instead of taking that extra touch. That extra touch screwed the move.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Neymar's move was perfect. If Messi held his run, he would have acres of space and an empty net to shoot into. Rafinha had absolutely no idea where Messi was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans